ADVERTISEMENT

Duke site on Evan Daniels picking Stewart to UK

Just curious but what 2 picks did Daniels miss on? Any way we can find that out.

Found this part, in the 2nd article below, interesting:

Ditch the dreams of Cole Anthony choosing Duke right away before it’s too late.

Do it before his recruitment drags on into the spring–as it is expected to–only to find out that he prefers to wear a lighter shade of blue. If not, Duke’s recruitment of Anthony may continue to dissuade other guards from coming to Durham (now only two four-stars, Boogie Ellis and Anthony Harris, remain on the list of 2019 guards the coaches are publicly pursuing).

Something that Cal seems to have learned a few years back. No matter how good a recruit is, you can't pass on other recruits for him. Come Spring, is Anthony going to want to play for a Duke team that will have zero talent around him?

Found this part, in the 2nd article below, interesting:

Ditch the dreams of Cole Anthony choosing Duke right away before it’s too late.

Do it before his recruitment drags on into the spring–as it is expected to–only to find out that he prefers to wear a lighter shade of blue. If not, Duke’s recruitment of Anthony may continue to dissuade other guards from coming to Durham (now only two four-stars, Boogie Ellis and Anthony Harris, remain on the list of 2019 guards the coaches are publicly pursuing).

Something that Cal seems to have learned a few years back. No matter how good a recruit is, you can't pass on other recruits for him. Come Spring, is Anthony going to want to play for a Duke team that will have zero talent around him?

I think point guards are leaning away from them more because of tre Jones. No one believes jones is a 1 and done but he’s good enough to start as a freshman. And he’ll likely have the starting point guard spot as long as he wants to stick around.

Does this buzz about Stewart and Igiehon indicate we are not likely to get Wiseman or Carey?
I don't think those 2 have anything to do with Wiseman as Wiseman is a spring decision and Cal has known this forever. He needs 4 bigs so he wants to get 2-3 in the fall and then get Wiseman in the spring. In the very off chance we miss on him then we find someone else. But regardless we would have the best big man class in the country with Tshbeiwe and Stewart and probably one more like Mcdaniels or someone else . I think you were talking about Tshebewe when you said Igiheon as Ighieion and UK aren't as close as Oscar and Stewart are to committing to UK . I would bet UL gets Igheion . Carey though I think goes where Stewart doesn't as one will go to Mich St and one will go to UK. Duke is striking out on both LMAO. Missing that Capel magic sucks for them ha.

Reactions: westerncat
I think point guards are leaning away from them more because of tre Jones. No one believes jones is a 1 and done but he’s good enough to start as a freshman. And he’ll likely have the starting point guard spot as long as he wants to stick around.

Certainly could be a factor, but I'm at odds with much of Tre Jones and his impact. Not sure why people think a top10 guy is an automatic 2-year player (a guy who also sees that Duke will be pretty weak next year).. and if Jones is a 2-year player before even playing a single game, what top25 point guard is really "scared" of him?

Does this buzz about Stewart and Igiehon indicate we are not likely to get Wiseman or Carey?

I'd take both right now even if we had decent chances to land Carey or Wiseman Stewart, Carey, Wiseman.. give me whichever one is ready to commit, we can worry about the other two later.

I don't think those 2 have anything to do with Wiseman as Wiseman is a spring decision and Cal has known this forever. He needs 4 bigs so he wants to get 2-3 in the fall and then get Wiseman in the spring. In the very off chance we miss on him then we find someone else. But regardless we would have the best big man class in the country with Tshbeiwe and Stewart and probably one more like Mcdaniels or someone else . I think you were talking about Tshebewe when you said Igiheon as Ighieion and UK aren't as close as Oscar and Stewart are to committing to UK . I would bet UL gets Igheion . Carey though I think goes where Stewart doesn't as one will go to Mich St and one will go to UK. Duke is striking out on both LMAO. Missing that Capel magic sucks for them ha.

You really think Wiseman could still end up at UK?

I just don't see it. Too much pro Memphis & Penny stuff.

I guess being torn so bad between Memphis & UK he might say the heck with it & go to Kansas. If Hampton does...then look out.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I feel like Evan Daniels has to know something the rest of us don’t.

I could see wiseman just going along with all this pro Memphis stuff so he and his family are not harassed his final year of high school. Think about all the hell Malik monk caught. I think it would be even worse for wiseman in Memphis. Monk was from a small town.

Reactions: gracetoyou
If we can get Stewart and Oscar I won’t lose too much sleep without wiseman. If he wants to go compete in the nit or be out in the first weekend that’s his choice. If he comes here he could leave here as Anthony Davis status with possibly a title as well. I definitely want Stewart not just because he’s really good but to hit like where it hurts

Wiseman has had every chance in the world to commit to Memphis and they’ve been begging him to since Penny first arrived.

Hey may still go there but I don’t see why so many people are pessimistic about our odds.

It would nice if a coach could just ask the the player if he's making the decision or is the the people he surrounds himself with. That way it would save the coach alot of time by just talking with them instead of the player. Lol He will be a nice pick up for UF

If we can get Stewart and Oscar I won’t lose too much sleep without wiseman. If he wants to go compete in the nit or be out in the first weekend that’s his choice. If he comes here he could leave here as Anthony Davis status with possibly a title as well. I definitely want Stewart not just because he’s really good but to hit like where it hurts

Exactly. Stealing Stewart from Duke echoes of the old total war mentality. It feeds our troops while starving the enemy simultaneously.

I want to leave Coach K's supply lines completely destitute. I want his kingdom to be drenched in fire and ash and for his army to find itself bleeding to death with Cal standing tall over the top of them like a Roman general bathing in the blood of his conquered foe.

Last edited:
Exactly. Stealing Stewart from Duke echoes of the old total war mentality. It feeds our troops while starving the enemy simultaneously.

I want to leave Coach K's supply lines completely destitute. I want his kingdom to be drenches in fire and ash and for his army to find itself bleeding to death with Cal standing tall over the top of them like a Roman general bathing in the blood of his conquered foe.
And you know they can’t bring in capel because of his baggage and he can’t coach. They will probably go after wojo or mike white with white winning it out

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Evan just changed his crystal ball pick back to foggy. :/

giphy.gif

Reactions: Mike-D
I hate sounding negative because that's not me but can anyone see a scenario where Cal strikes out on all his big targets?

I want to leave Coach K's supply lines completely destitute. I want his kingdom to be drenched in fire and ash and for his army to find itself bleeding to death with Cal standing tall over the top of them like a Roman general bathing in the blood of his conquered foe.

Dang dude...inhale...[laughing] Ohm, Ohm....

cheech.gif

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I hate sounding negative because that's not me but can anyone see a scenario where Cal strikes out on all his big targets?

No.

Right now he's going after Igehon, Stewart, Wiseman, Carey, and Tschiebwe.

I think he lands two of them, and we add a third unknown variable later for depth.

This is just part of the process. The last two recruiting cycles, only IQ picked UK before November. All the other pre-spring recruits picked UK in November or December: Vanderbilt, PJ, Richards, Quade, Shai, Herro, Keldon. That's 7/8 fall and winter commits prior to this year that committed to UK after November.

I'll be shocked if UK doesn't have two more locked up by late-December.

It is funny, when he switched it to UK he was best in the business but when he switched it back to foggy he probably doesn't have a clue. You are definitely right though, you have to have patience or you will go insane.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT