ADVERTISEMENT

Duke -20.5

I imagine that's from the end of the season, and again, it could be something that's being incorrectly pulled.

Johnson listed at 265lb, but recruiting has him at 250.

Could be, I don’t know many teams who update roster weights throughout the season. And 247 had him at 250 in high school.

But what about the skill set separated him from Carey and Stewart?

Could be, I don’t know many teams who update roster weights throughout the season. And 247 had him at 250 in high school.

But what about the skill set separated him from Carey and Stewart?

Well other recruiting sites have him as low as 225lb. I'm gonna think it's somewhere in between, at least to START his Kentucky season.

I think Randle is a little quicker, more nimble, and had (again, coming into college) a better outside game. Compare the mixtapes. It's not hard to tell that Carey is a bigger body, slower, but probably more powerful and designed to be underneath the basket.

But again, that's not really what I'm getting at.. Carey for certain can play a role like Randle. ANd so can Stewart (probably better than Carey).. but what then, of the other guy? Coach K is going to put both on the floor?

Well other recruiting sites have him as low as 225lb. I'm gonna think it's somewhere in between, at least to START his Kentucky season.

I think Randle is a little quicker, more nimble, and had (again, coming into college) a better outside game. Compare the mixtapes. It's not hard to tell that Carey is a bigger body, slower, but probably more powerful and designed to be underneath the basket.

But again, that's not really what I'm getting at.. Carey for certain can play a role like Randle. ANd so can Stewart (probably better).. but what then, of the other guy? Coach K is going to put both on the floor?

They would probably both share the floor for at least like 15 min per game and then split time otherwise. I don’t think Stewart is coming to Duke but I’d gladly take him if he does.

What was Cals pitch to Randle and Johnson in 2013? Johnson was a top 10 prospect and #1 center in the class. You said this would never happen at anywhere except Duke. I’m contending something very similar happened tab UK in 2013. Also you mention Bolden so UK also had WCs returning that year. You can nit pick a few small differences if you want but the situations are very similar.

They would probably both share the floor for at least like 15 min per game and then split time otherwise. I don’t think Stewart is coming to Duke but I’d gladly take him if he does.

What was Cals pitch to Randle and Johnson in 2013? Johnson was a top 10 prospect and #1 center in the class. You said this would never happen at anywhere except Duke. I’m contending something very similar happened tab UK in 2013. Also you mention Bolden so UK also had WCs returning that year. You can nit pick a few small differences if you want but the situations are very similar.

You're talking about various types of front court players. Willie was NEVER going to be a traditional center. He had a transition game, shot blocking, but he was also rail thin coming in.

I don't know how many times I can explain it. K doesn't play as many guys, and Kentucky wasn't recruiting two top5 nearly identical centers.

You asked how Randle was different than Carey, and I told you. Then you, decided to drop it and say it's "nitpicking"?

I'm done with your deposition. If you don't like the answers, go somewhere else.

You're talking about various types of front court players. Willie was NEVER going to be a traditional center. He had a transition game, shot blocking, but he was also rail thin coming in.

I don't know how many times I can explain it. K doesn't play as many guys, and Kentucky wasn't recruiting two top5 nearly identical centers.

You asked how Randle was different than Carey, and I told you. Then you, decided to drop it and say it's "nitpicking"?

I'm done with your deposition. If you don't like the answers, go somewhere else.

I don’t think you’ve watched these high school players enough if you think Stewart and Carey are identical centers. Carey operates much more facing up and working from the perimeter in than he does in the post.

I also think the way Johnson turned out is warping what should be expected of a top 10’player who’s #1 at his position coming into college.

If Stewart did come to Duke what do you think his and Carey’s minutes would be?

I don’t think you’ve watched these high school players enough if you think Stewart and Carey are identical centers. Carey operates much more facing up and working from the perimeter in than he does in the post.

I also think the way Johnson turned out is warping what should be expected of a top 10’player who’s #1 at his position coming into college.

If Stewart did come to Duke what do you think his and Carey’s minutes would be?

I more mean in size, and them on defense. Them spacing the floor. I get that their offensive games aren't EXACTLY the same.

Had Johnson lived up to expectations (a pretty weak recruiting class all considered), I'm not sure Randle has that much free reign. Maybe Kentucky dodged a "playing time" bullet. Dakari was pretty far off though. Just because he was 10th that year doesn't mean he was truly a top10-style recruit.

BUT STILL. Cal plays a different style than K. His strategy affords for more players.

Bagley had 33 and Carter 27? Probably similar in total minutes. Depends on Bolden. Depends on how much you can have Stewart and Carey on the floor.

The good news for DUke is that their recruiting, otherwise, is sort of weak next year. It's not like they have top flight guards or forwards. They may be forced to utilize Stewart and Carey as much as possible. Not sure that's deal tho.

I more mean in size, and them on defense. Them spacing the floor. I get that their offensive games aren't EXACTLY the same.

Had Johnson lived up to expectations (a pretty weak recruiting class all considered), I'm not sure Randle has that much free reign. Maybe Kentucky dodged a "playing time" bullet. Dakari was pretty far off though. Just because he was 10th that year doesn't mean he was truly a top10-style recruit.

BUT STILL. Cal plays a different style than K. His strategy affords for more players.

Bagley had 33 and Carter 27? Probably similar in total minutes. Depends on Bolden. Depends on how much you can have Stewart and Carey on the floor.

The good news for DUke is that their recruiting, otherwise, is sort of weak next year. It's not like they have top flight guards or forwards. They may be forced to utilize Stewart and Carey as much as possible. Not sure that's deal tho.

At the end of the day it’s probably much ado about nothing since Stewart probably doesn’t come to Duke. I still would put money on Hampton coming though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT