ADVERTISEMENT

The ACC is hot garbage…

I just noticed duke having yet another easy home game today and got to thinking when do they actually play a decent road team in the ACC. Well I looked up the ACC and outside of duke and carolina its pretty much worthless.
Hasn’t stopped Duke or Carolina’s rise in the polls either. Would not surprise me if they both end up a 1 seed. See no way either drops below a 2 seed.

Especially since Miami and Clemson have proved to be underwhelming
Happens every year in the ACC. ASPN talking heads proper up any team that starts out decent pre conference in the acc like they are the 97 Bulls. This year Miami, Clemson and I‘ve even heard them propping up Wake Forest. Happens every year. ASPN, just cause they say it must be true right 😂

NC state’s, which is currently 2nd place in ACC, best win outside of the ACC is probably against Vandy by 6 points. They also won @louisville by 6 points as well for context.

GB6joRkXAAARO3z

Reactions: heelbent
I just noticed duke having yet another easy home game today and got to thinking when do they actually play a decent road team in the ACC. Well I looked up the ACC and outside of duke and carolina its pretty much worthless.
I totally agree. ESPN will worship Duke and push them to be a one seed.

0 chance both are 1s. The committee can look at the conference metrics just like we can.
I doubt both get 1’s as well but they are both likely to be no lower than a 2 and likely one of them will indeed be a 1. If the committee took metrics into the full equation as you suggest neither would be an above a 3 or 4. Duke is 1-1 against the current top 25 and the only top 25 team it plays the rest of the year is UNC. UNC is currently 2-2 against the current top 25 and also only faces top 25 Duke twice the rest of the year. If both of them skate through the ACC with only losses to each other they will enter ACCT play with 4 losses each. Kidding yourself if you don’t think the committee would give both a one seed in that scenario especially if other P5 conference contenders have 6 losses or more.

I doubt both get 1’s as well but they are both likely to be no lower than a 2 and likely one of them will indeed be a 1. If the committee took metrics into the full equation as you suggest neither would be an above a 3 or 4. Duke is 1-1 against the current top 25 and the only top 25 team it plays the rest of the year is UNC. UNC is currently 2-2 against the current top 25 and also only faces top 25 Duke twice the rest of the year. If both of them skate through the ACC with only losses to each other they will enter ACCT play with 4 losses each. Kidding yourself if you don’t think the committee would give both a one seed in that scenario especially if other P5 conference contenders have 6 losses or more.

Well Duke lost at home to Pitt so they are at 4 losses already. They aren't good enough to win out and will probably get swept by UNC. I'd say 3 or 4 sees for them.

Now UNC is a problem. They probably won't lose but 1 to 2 games tops. The committee should give a 6 or 7 loss sec champ a 1 over a 5 loss acc champ, especially if said sec champ is UK that beat UNC. If it's UT I'd give it to UNC since they beat UT.

Well Duke lost at home to Pitt so they are at 4 losses already. They aren't good enough to win out and will probably get swept by UNC. I'd say 3 or 4 sees for them.

Now UNC is a problem. They probably won't lose but 1 to 2 games tops. The committee should give a 6 or 7 loss sec champ a 1 over a 5 loss acc champ, especially if said sec champ is UK that beat UNC. If it's UT I'd give it to UNC since they beat UT.
Duke gets swept by Carolina and they will be in panic mode with their coach

I prefaced my post with IF. Glad Duke lost at home. Duke is a good team but not great. I think they will end up ACC play with maybe 4-5 losses and still get a better seed than they deserve. Probably are a 5-6 seed but will end up a 3 or 4 or worst.

The only problem I see with UNC is RJ Davis has to do everything for them offensively, if he is off even a little they go into long droughts. If he has a dry period then UNC could struggle. Ryan & Ingram aren’t number one scoring option those guys either, and bacot has progressively gotten worse

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT