ADVERTISEMENT

Drake cancels concert to visit sick kid

So ruining the night of 10k for one sick person makes him a better person? Think it's premeditated and accomplished what it was supposed to do...make drake seem like a good guy. Why couldn't he hang with I'll individual before concert all day, who knows...oh well to each their own.
Really nice of him to tell the lil girl he's missing a concert...
I'll give him a pass for the joy he did bring the lil girl, edited after watching the short...

Reactions: bluemoonofky
So ruining the night of 10k for one sick person makes him a better person? Think it's premeditated and accomplished what it was supposed to do...make drake seem like a good guy. Why couldn't he hang with I'll individual before concert all day, who knows...oh well to each their own.
I'll give him a pass for the joy he did bring the lil girl, edited after watching the short...
You’re a pompous ass. He told her that so she felt important to him. Sad to have to explain that to a presumable adult.

You’re a pompous ass. He told her that so she felt important to him. Sad to have to explain that to a presumable adult.
cool story bro...I don't see why I'm a pompous as because of it. Tired of these "make me", look at me, how good a person I am...do something for that girl, not for the instagram cred, to look good. I'd think better of him if it wasn't mentioned at all...
Still live in your bubble, and btw cool story bro
Maybe you could see if you weren't all up on drake's nutz...but more power to you

Reactions: TheThack
Oh btw, drake has been canceling shows and rescheduling since the start of the tour...his counterpart Migos hasn't even showed up to several dates...so believe what you want,

So glad I never have to drink a beer with you, lol.

I honestly thought the same when I read this, didn’t watch video though

Reactions: JC43
cool story bro...I don't see why I'm a pompous as because of it. Tired of these "make me", look at me, how good a person I am...do something for that girl, not for the instagram cred, to look good. I'd think better of him if it wasn't mentioned at all...
Still live in your bubble, and btw cool story bro
Maybe you could see if you weren't all up on drake's nutz...but more power to you
The girls family filmed it. I don’t listen to his music, nor care if he roots for us, Duke, or Alabama; I just love generosity in a world that needs all it can get.

You seem like a blast to hang out with!

I bet you’re just an absolute pleasure to be around.

There's no way to know if Drake did it out of the goodness of his heart or if he used this as a way to get some publicity. Only he knows that. But based on what I've seen from him before, the notion that he did this for publicity isn't outrageous. He seems like an attention hound. But I guess in the grand scheme, it doesn't matter all that much why he did it. The sick girl loved it and that's a good thing.

And he spared 10,000 people from having to listen to his awful crap. I'm sorry, but I grew up in the golden age of rap music and I'm a big fan. I consider myself well versed on hip hop from its inception to about the year 2000. And what he puts out is not what I know to be rap music. It's dreadful.

You seem like a blast to hang out with!
Thanks
Sounds like he just might be a hermit. [laughing]
Nope
I bet you’re just an absolute pleasure to be around.
Read the news, Drake has cancelled multpile concerts, more than he has shown up for on this tour. I find it disingenuous of Drake to mislead a young girl by making her believe that Drake cancelled just for her. Do not care what keyboard gangsta think.
Be informed and quit being Sheeple

Reactions: bluemoonofky
Thanks

Nope

Read the news, Drake has cancelled multpile concerts, more than he has shown up for on this tour. I find it disingenuous of Drake to mislead a young girl by making her believe that Drake cancelled just for her. Do not care what keyboard gangsta think.

Keyboard “gangsta” and “sheeple?”

Incredibly cringy buzz words you’re using here bud lol...

@JC43

You make a great point my man. Say, maybe you could cut out the middle man, drive down to the hospital yourself, and tell that little girl that no one gives a sh*t about her or her illness. I’m sure she’ll be on the fast road to recovery after talking with you.

Honestly the Joy on the little girls face is what it’s all about. If a rich man suddenly gives me a million dollars and he did it for a tax break do you think you, I or anyone else would care.

We are so quick to judge, including me, but boy we will be surprised and trembling when we all receive that final judgement.

cool story bro...I don't see why I'm a pompous ass. Tired of these "make me", look at me, how good a person I am...do something for that girl, not for the instagram cred, to look good.
Word of advice from an old Fart (who struggles with your disease):
Cynicism is a self-inflicted disease. You'll enjoy life more if you will look for the good.
That doesn't make you naive. It does make you more pleasant to live with.

This thread is so "offseason". Can we please get back to arguing about politics instead of Drake's inner thoughts and the merits of rap music?

@JC43

You make a great point my man. Say, maybe you could cut out the middle man, drive down to the hospital yourself, and tell that little girl that no one gives a sh*t about her or her illness. I’m sure she’ll be on the fast road to recovery after talking with you.
Really smart response. The whole tour is rescheduled or refunded.

Word of advice from an old Fart (who struggles with your disease):
Cynicism is a self-inflicted disease. You'll enjoy life more if you will look for the good.
That doesn't make you naive. It does make you more pleasant to live with.
Scratch any cynic and you will find a disappoint ed idealist..GC
Not a cynic , just know spin when I see it.

From my chair: we do not know all the facts.
So criticism of Drake May or may not be legit.
But he visited. He made one sick child’s complicated life. And that counts for a bunch to me.

As I said: By nature I am like you. That is all I have to say. Hat tip...

Has nothing to do with being a cynic or an idealist. You’re just acting like a self righteous prick being more concerned with what’s “really happening” than a good deed. So Drake is doing it for self serving reasons. Who GAF? He made that little’s girl’s year, and without knowing what her health situation is, for all we know she may not have many years left.

Thanks

Nope

You really are a jerk. A little girl is happy while you are jumping up and down trying to crap all over the person who made her happy. This is getting beyond embarassing for you. Get a life.

Reactions: drcats2013

You've spent an entire day trying to discredit a good deed, LOL. Go have yourself a beer......a warm one.

Not that that's not incredibly kind but...what happens to the people who bought tickets for the concert? Not like everyone can just reschedule. Like, what if there was a sick kid who could ONLY go to that show and missed his chance? It's 8:32 and it's been a long week and my brains getting to me.

Touching story though and the girl was on Instagram recently with an awesome response.

Has nothing to do with being a cynic or an idealist. You’re just acting like a self righteous prick being more concerned with what’s “really happening” than a good deed. So Drake is doing it for self serving reasons. Who GAF? He made that little’s girl’s year, and without knowing what her health situation is, for all we know she may not have many years left.
never said anything negative bout the young lady. Only that it's disingenuous and a lie to say he cancelled a concert for her. Name calling will get you nowhere. That is what is wrong today, truth is truth, nor what you want to male it to be. He cancelled/rescheduled 5+ shows already, started in july, kinda convenientnow it for a sick girl. Learn how to think objectively. As OP said say what you want to say...
You really are a jerk. A little girl is happy while you are jumping up and down trying to crap all over the person who made her happy. This is getting beyond embarassing for you. Get a life.
again with the name calling, don't make it oersonal, I see what you all post. I know the ones who straight up lie and the ones who want attention. Get over yourself.
The passage to hell is paved with good intentions. Believe what you want to believe, burly doesnt change the facts.
Fact 1 several shows have been cancelled and rescheduled.
Fact 2 Drake is all about likes, and followers
Fact 3 he did a great thing bringing joy to the little girl, he did not have to say he cancelled the show just for her, lying to make someone feel good is still lying. He should of said he came for her, not lie that he cancelled a show for her. It was cancelled because the other performers werent even im the same country .Lie is a lie, hope none of you have kids raising them that it's okay to lie if the end result makes someone happy...thar makes it worse.
So yeah, agree to disagree I don't care. Grow a pair and quit being aggro to someone for having an opinion.

never said anything negative bout the young lady. Only that it's disingenuous and a lie to say he cancelled a concert for her. Name calling will get you nowhere. That is what is wrong today, truth is truth, nor what you want to male it to be. He cancelled/rescheduled 5+ shows already, started in july, kinda convenientnow it for a sick girl. Learn how to think objectively. As OP said say what you want to say...
That’s cute you’re telling someone to think objectively when you’re incapable of seeing the bigger picture. So he had other reasons to cancel the concert. Who gives a f*ck? Like you said, he cancels and reschedules concerts all the time. He went and saw the girl and told her something to make her feel special. Is it really that big a deal to you to have such a glaring hard on over it?

The only truth there is is that you’re all bent out of shape over what a musician is doing in their free time. And here’s the real problem these days to correct your tiny minded way of thinking, the problem is that some people are incapable of getting over themselves and have to be “objectively sound” as opposed to appreciating a good gesture that’s been done from one person to another, and then moving on with their day.

Grow up junior.

@Bluemoon725 it's called reading comprehension numbnutz. He cancelled several shows before the supposively show he did for little girl. That is the fact, my point for you ,simpleton, is to take away heat of cancelling several shows and wasting several 10's of thousand fans, people who didn't get to work at the venues, taking money out of hardworking people pockets so he can look good . Now it's okay he fuc×ed over all of them, he gets a pass cause he spent hr with lil girl. Grow up, actually I dgaf what you whiny posting excuse having has to say.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT