ADVERTISEMENT

Drake cancels concert to visit sick kid

There's no way to know if Drake did it out of the goodness of his heart or if he used this as a way to get some publicity. Only he knows that. But based on what I've seen from him before, the notion that he did this for publicity isn't outrageous. He seems like an attention hound. But I guess in the grand scheme, it doesn't matter all that much why he did it. The sick girl loved it and that's a good thing.

And he spared 10,000 people from having to listen to his awful crap. I'm sorry, but I grew up in the golden age of rap music and I'm a big fan. I consider myself well versed on hip hop from its inception to about the year 2000. And what he puts out is not what I know to be rap music. It's dreadful.

I like Drake but even if you don't he is 100 million times better than these mumble rappers and skittles looking MF's out there now.

Reactions: kyboss360
@Bluemoon725 it's called reading comprehension numbnutz. He cancelled several shows before the supposively show he did for little girl. That is the fact, my point for you ,simpleton, is to take away heat of cancelling several shows and wasting several 10's of thousand fans, people who didn't get to work at the venues, taking money out of hardworking people pockets so he can look good . Now it's okay he fuc×ed over all of them, he gets a pass cause he spent hr with lil girl. Grow up, actually I dgaf what you whiny posting excuse having has to say.
Man, you dropped your “no need for name calling” policy pretty quick when you don’t have many more legitimate things to say. That’s because you don’t have a leg to stand on. How is he taking money away from the people when the shows get rescheduled?

I didn’t say it was ok he ****ed people over. I’m saying he made a difference in someone’s life. And guess what? Those people will get over the fact he canceled the concert, cause if you haven’t noticed, which is clear, he does a lot of shows. And they’ll keep buying and listening to his music.

You seem pretty set in your ways of being an insufferable douche canoe. I ain’t gonna stop ya, keep at it, you’re a natural.

I like Drake but even if you don't he is 100 million times better than these mumble rappers and skittles looking MF's out there now.

Maybe. I don't really know who you're talking about because I don't pay much attention to new rappers. I've heard some stuff from that Post Malone guy (and wow is that crap). But from what I've heard, Drake is similar in that he doesn't rap. He sings and uses autotune. Where are the bars and verses? Everything these days is about the hook, which is lame.

Reactions: Fox2monk
@Bluemoon725 it's called reading comprehension numbnutz. He cancelled several shows before the supposively show he did for little girl. That is the fact, my point for you ,simpleton, is to take away heat of cancelling several shows and wasting several 10's of thousand fans, people who didn't get to work at the venues, taking money out of hardworking people pockets so he can look good . Now it's okay he fuc×ed over all of them, he gets a pass cause he spent hr with lil girl. Grow up, actually I dgaf what you whiny posting excuse having has to say.

Backed into a corner, JC43 starts calling everyone numbnuts. This is hilarious!

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Man, you dropped your “no need for name calling” policy pretty quick when you don’t have many more legitimate things to say. That’s because you don’t have a leg to stand on. How is he taking money away from the people when the shows get rescheduled?

I didn’t say it was ok he ****ed people over. I’m saying he made a difference in someone’s life. And guess what? Those people will get over the fact he canceled the concert, cause if you haven’t noticed, which is clear, he does a lot of shows. And they’ll keep buying and listening to his music.

You seem pretty set in your ways of being an insufferable douche canoe. I ain’t gonna stop ya, keep at it, you’re a natural.

LOL, JC is indeed one hot mess.

I didn’t say it was ok he ****ed people over. I’m saying he made a difference in someone’s life. And guess what? Those people will get over the fact he canceled the concert, cause if you haven’t noticed, which is clear, he does a lot of shows. And they’ll keep buying and listening to his music..
If you schedule a show somewhere it has to get staffed, tickets, concessions, security,etc...when the artist cancels, the employees at the venue will not get to work anyway or get paid.
I never said anything wrong making a child happy...disingenuous to say cancelled just for her. Live your life in halftruths, lies of omission etc. I just believe strongly in the truth in all matters. Look at society today and the ills that exist. Look at our media and news reporting. It's societies' lackidasical nature of honor and truth what has gone and messed up. Look at other cultures and past societies...when there is only truth and not just many my truths, honor existed and those communities thrived.
I get it, you don't care and I'm not telling you that you should, but it is a major societal defect that is destroying our society today.
You are not the numbnutz, @Cardsstink takes that prize. Always contrarIan for the sake of...also hate passive aggressive love of pUKe...he is a Man mother.

If you schedule a show somewhere it has to get staffed, tickets, concessions, security,etc...when the artist cancels, the employees at the venue will not get to work anyway or get paid.
I never said anything wrong making a child happy...disingenuous to say cancelled just for her. Live your life in halftruths, lies of omission etc. I just believe strongly in the truth in all matters. Look at society today and the ills that exist. Look at our media and news reporting. It's societies' lackidasical nature of honor and truth what has gone and messed up. Look at other cultures and past societies...when there is only truth and not just many my truths, honor existed and those communities thrived.
I get it, you don't care and I'm not telling you that you should, but it is a major societal defect that is destroying our society today.
You are not the numbnutz, @Cardsstink takes that prize. Always contrarIan for the sake of...also hate passive aggressive love of pUKe...he is a Man mother.

Passive aggresive? Now you have gotten so mad that you are going to pull out the "he's not even a UK fan card? LOL! Stick your head in the freezer and cool off.

Reactions: drcats2013
Telling that girl he canceled the show for her is not indicative of a major societal defect. Telling little white lies has been around since the beginning of time and if it made her feel important, who gives a shit? It’s also hilarious since there is no doubt you have lied through your teeth on numerous occasions in your life and will continue to do so. That’s called hypocrisy.

Maybe. I don't really know who you're talking about because I don't pay much attention to new rappers. I've heard some stuff from that Post Malone guy (and wow is that crap). But from what I've heard, Drake is similar in that he doesn't rap. He sings and uses autotune. Where are the bars and verses? Everything these days is about the hook, which is lame.

Listen to lil xan then appreciate Drake lmfao.

Well since you're so set on dealing with the facts, how do you know that it isn't a fact that he cancelled the show for this little girl. Obviously he's cancelled other shows but you have not the slightest idea of what his true intentions were for canceling the show.

Reactions: CatfanMike47

Your "lost" bars can be found here. Also our own DeMarcus Cousin's is mentioned in this song.

Last edited:
So ruining the night of 10k for one sick person makes him a better person? Think it's premeditated and accomplished what it was supposed to do...make drake seem like a good guy. Why couldn't he hang with I'll individual before concert all day, who knows...oh well to each their own.
Really nice of him to tell the lil girl he's missing a concert...
I'll give him a pass for the joy he did bring the lil girl, edited after watching the short...

Yes, without a doubt it does

Reactions: WCSPlayedWRInHS
Telling that girl he canceled the show for her is not indicative of a major societal defect. Telling little white lies has been around since the beginning of time and if it made her feel important, who gives a shit? It’s also hilarious since there is no doubt you have lied through your teeth on numerous occasions in your life and will continue to do so. That’s called hypocrisy.
I live life without lying, lung to myself or anyone. I have my faults aND flaws, but lying is not one of them

Well since you're so set on dealing with the facts, how do you know that it isn't a fact that he cancelled the show for this little girl. Obviously he's cancelled other shows but you have not the slightest idea of what his true intentions were for canceling the show.
Google it, look at release dates of video and cross reference dates with cancelations and from their use your common sense.

Reactions: BBUK
I live life without lying, lung to myself or anyone. I have my faults aND flaws, but lying is not one of them

Google it, look at release dates of video and cross reference dates with cancelations and from their use your common sense.

Common Sense tells me you spent a whole lot of time trying to dispel a good deed.

If you think anyone with a brain believes you have never lied, then you are more dense than I previously thought.

Listen to lil xan then appreciate Drake lmfao.

Eminem clearly told everyone back around 2010 that rap is a landfill. He then sold out to it after his his last album which was the one before this last piece of sht.

Drake and the rest of them today aren’t rap. It’s more or less a style of pop. If people like it that’s fine, but it should have never been labeled hip hop or rap because it’s not. It’s destroyed the genre. It’s mainly just rave music for the Xanax kids.

It’s really the industry today. Total garbage. They take guys that can actually flow and throw them in a pair of tube jeans and weird hair, tell them to talk techno and “rap” for the generation which is, umm, open to new ideas of sexuality?

Eminem clearly told everyone back around 2010 that rap is a landfill. He then sold out to it after his his last album which was the one before this last piece of sht.

Drake and the rest of them today aren’t rap. It’s more or less a style of pop. If people like it that’s fine, but it should have never been labeled hip hop or rap because it’s not. It’s destroyed the genre. It’s mainly just rave music for the Xanax kids.

It’s really the industry today. Total garbage. They take guys that can actually flow and throw them in a pair of tube jeans and weird hair, tell them to talk techno and “rap” for the generation which is, umm, open to new ideas of sexuality?

Completely agree with all of that.

If you think anyone with a brain believes you have never lied, then you are more dense than I previously thought.
Didn't say I never have lied, I've lied before. Now I consciously make an effort to never lie. It's for me, my personal ethos.search for it and like minded individuals, yes they are out there. Nor do I care what people think of me. What I care about is honesty, purity, and humanity.

Dude, people like that you can’t even debate with. They have an excuse for every hypocritical action they make. Sad life.

Reactions: JC43
Pretty funny watching a bunch of dudes argue about Drake. Bottom line is that if he hadn’t worn some Kentucky gear or shown up to some events, most of you guys wouldn’t give two sh!ts about this or be rushing to defend hm

Reactions: JC43 and Cindog28

Eminem still kills it. His flow and writing is still the best out there.

Eminem still kills it. His flow and writing is still the best out there.

Eminem became what he claimed to hate. I loved E and was part of the generation that birthed him. I know a lot about it.

He sold out and really, he even explained it if you listen close enough. But he can't have it both ways. Original E would have never supported a political position because he hated them all. He now marches to demands for maximized profits.

Sorry man, it hurt me too.

Reactions: Terror Beard
Eminem became what he claimed to hate. I loved E and was part of the generation that birthed him. I know a lot about it.

He sold out and really, he even explained it if you listen close enough. But he can't have it both ways. Original E would have never supported a political position because he hated them all. He now marches to demands for maximized profits.

Sorry man, it hurt me too.

I don't agree with his new political views but he was raised in the hood so his slant is not that surprising. His new album is fire, check it out.

Reactions: morgousky
I don't agree with his new political views but he was raised in the hood so his slant is not that surprising. His new album is fire, check it out.

I've heard it. It's waaaay better than the last one, which was pure trash. I knew he'd come out with another one quick. That last album won't do what his others did, obtain approval 10 years after. His legacy was on the line, he did deliver in ways but Shady officially retired after LP2. Listen close he even admits it.

He's the greatest lyricist of all time, there's little debate in that. But he tries too hard to be accepted by circles where it's easy if you walk in line, while he wants to pretend he's above it and will rip anyone. He won't. He won't attack the difficult portions.

He should have stayed the way he was.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
I've heard it. It's waaaay better than the last one, which was pure trash. I knew he'd come out with another one quick. That last album won't do what his others did, obtain approval 10 years after. His legacy was on the line, he did deliver in ways but Shady officially retired after LP2. Listen close he even admits it.

He's the greatest lyricist of all time, there's little debate in that. But he tries too hard to be accepted by circles where it's easy if you walk in line, while he wants to pretend he's above it and will rip anyone. He won't. He won't attack the difficult portions.

I still haven't listened to the album after MMLP2(which is very good). I've heard three or four songs on the last album that I loved but Kamikaze is the bees neez.

His flow now is better than ever, his lyrics are still the best but his old style and composition of albums were much greater when produced by DRE. Like MMLP, SSLP, and Eminem Show. I also love Recovery as that is his most underappreciated work. Anyway good chat, sorry to hijack the OT. BTT now.

Reactions: morgousky
Lol @ the golden age of rap comment. Drake is actually decent compared to all these new rappers. 2pac, bone thugs, notorious big, twista, dmx, way better than 2000 + rappers.

Plus it's pretty nice going out and seeing someone in the hospital, he could've done something less nice in the meantime.

Sad thing is, Eminem is the last of the good rappers. I know absolutely nothing about rap today because it’s garbage now. Rip rap 1988-2010. The garbage people put out now doesn’t bold a candle to the nwas. Dre, snoop, cube, biggie, tupac(goat) jayz, and nas back in the day. The special effects that rappers steal from lil Wayne make it worse. I know maybe 2 drake songs, if he wants to root for uk and do good deeds like this one I’m all for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT