ADVERTISEMENT

Does Cal win another title?

Monk can fix his issues with the daily work on the NBA level much easier than another college season. He has the "it" factor.

Briscoe, Hump, Wenyen - no reason whatsoever for them to consider leaving.

Monk needs to get smarter and more mature. His talents will only get him so far at that level. I know I'm talking to wall, not you, because he is definitely going pro, but he needs to come back another year.

Monk needs to get smarter and more mature. His talents will only get him so far at that level. I know I'm talking to wall, not you, because he is definitely going pro, but he needs to come back another year.

Cal taught him to play defense and and "some" discipline on offense. He is ready for 24/7 tutelage. The kid is as highly regarded as booker was if not more.

That said, very few of them are ever truly "ready" for the NBA at 19...

Reactions: ukfan041
We have been in playing ball for 105 years and have 8 titles. That's a 13 year average.

CAL will continue to put teams together that have a chance. That's all I ask for. I want to be in contention. Not easy to win, need a little luck now and then to pull it off, but I think it certainly can be done with consistently being towards the top

Cal taught him to play defense and and "some" discipline on offense. He is ready for 24/7 tutelage. The kid is as highly regarded as booker was if not more.

That said, very few of them are ever truly "ready" for the NBA at 19...

He will go pro, but he shouldn't.

He will definitely win another unless he leaves for the NBA which I can't see. He has you guys knocking on the door virtually every year.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
It will take a surprise player to come back and an upoer classman or 2 to contribute to win again. We had that in 2012. We almost had that this yr. The missing player was Lee. If he is here we win it.

It will take a surprise player to come back and an upoer classman or 2 to contribute to win again. We had that in 2012. We almost had that this yr. The missing player was Lee. If he is here we win it.

OMG no lol

And to the other poster, it is 8 in 78 years so one every 10 years roughly. NCAA did not start til 1939

Because his teams have been so consistently good, it's becoming clear just how hard it is to win a title. Maybe I thought it would be easier with the talent he brings in. But man Cal's tenure so far has been full of unbelievable wins and some absolutely heartbreaking losss.

Does he win another one?

Of course he will. We win it every 20 year in a year ending with "8". (58, 78, 98, now 18).

Im not answering this tonight. Not liking why we went to the post and away from Fox who was unstoppable,

Im not answering this tonight. Not liking why we went to the post and away from Fox who was unstoppable,

hmmm

I have a list of questions regarding some of our 2nd half strategy.

Cal's hands were tied in the first half thanks to pathetic zebras but down the stretch...

2>1

I'll take K's 2 titles over Cal's 1 every single day. The Final Fours, Elite 8's and all the other excuses don't mean a thing to me. Getting so close so many times only to lose just makes it worst.

We are the Buffalo Bills of the NCAA except we lucked into atleast 1 title.
In a way I agree! There have been many leave UK after one year who wasn't ready. To me, there is not much difference in believing all the hype at the first of each season, just to loose in the EE, or the FF! Without hanging a championship banner every 8, 10, 12 year's doesn't do nothing to my heart except build on the all time win list to some! :popcorn:

Fox stopped himself tonight by trying to take his first charge o the season 35 feet from the basket early in the first half and then a reach in foul 35 feet away.

Those too bone headed decisions cost Kentucky the Game and quite possibly the NC. But hey Freshman make those kinds of mistakes. It's a philosophy.

In a way I agree! There have been many leave UK after one year who wasn't ready. To me, there is not much difference in believing all the hype at the first of each season, just to loose in the EE, or the FF! Without hanging a championship banner every 8, 10, 12 year's doesn't do nothing to my heart except build on the all time win list to some! :popcorn:

We have won a title every 10 years on average Rusty...

Reactions: ukfan041
Of course Cal CAN win another title. I think the real question is whether the NCAA will let him. It's obvious brackets and seedings are manipulated to achieve a pre-determined outcome.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
I'll say no..he's definitely a great Coach and is definitely great enough to win another Title..maybe more with UK..but I'm not sure the NCAA will allow him to. Did you see that 1st half today ?
My thoughts exactly. Cal is a great coach, but does not get a fair shake.

Reactions: ORCAT10
Cal definitely has enemies in the NCAA offices,. They never thought he could win with the one and done way and then 2012 happened and we have gotten fu**ed in every tournament since either by seeding officials or both.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Because his teams have been so consistently good, it's becoming clear just how hard it is to win a title. Maybe I thought it would be easier with the talent he brings in. But man Cal's tenure so far has been full of unbelievable wins and some absolutely heartbreaking losss.

Does he win another one?
No

Which player did Cal shove out and not let come back?

I know of only 2.
It has been said time and again that Cousins wanted to come back, but Cal would not let him. If a kid wants to come back then you let him for the good of everyone. The parents buy an insurance policy and if he has a career ending injury they still get paid.

It has been said time and again that Cousins wanted to come back, but Cal would not let him. If a kid wants to come back then you let him for the good of everyone. The parents buy an insurance policy and if he has a career ending injury they still get paid.

Cousins was a top 5 pick. His family was not well off. His younger brother and my son were/are friends.

There is no insurance policy that could come close to the $80 million he has made or the $200 million he will get on the next contract.

Not even close.

Reactions: catben and ukfan041
I believe he will, it's just damn tough to do it! What he has accomplished in 8 years has been amazing! We've been in the conversation every year, but one! That's insane! I'm beyond excited for the future of UK under Cal!

Reactions: brianpoe
The 2015 team was a special team that had all the parts built for a title and they still lost. That one will sting as long as I am alive.

No doubt if Meeks would have returned the 09-10 team likely would have won it.

Besides the 2012 and 2015 teams just seems there is always a piece missing.

Cal's teams just seem to get really tight in the last 5 minutes of crucial tourney games. They have won some but lost several. Do not know if it is youth, coaching, luck, or what. Frustrating but will try it again next year.

It is going to take an insane talent like Anthony Davis and some upperclassmen to offset officiating.

2012 Kentucky was so good they couldn't let officials take it from them.

Reactions: JerseyCat84
Yes. Cal will win 3 or more. He wants to beat UCLA's record of 11. Also I would rather be in the hunt each year, than go 10 years bone dry.

Does he win another one?

If he wants another title he's going to have to create a culture where players understand that they're not a failure if they come back for another year to get better (which all of the players on this year's team outside of Fox could use). Until then it's going to be a lot of preseason hype and a lot of earlier than expected tournament exits and instead of his tenure being viewed as a success nationally, it will be viewed as "Why in the world didn't he win more titles with all that talent?".

The 2015 team was a special team that had all the parts built for a title and they still lost. That one will sting as long as I am alive.

No doubt if Meeks would have returned the 09-10 team likely would have won it.

Besides the 2012 and 2015 teams just seems there is always a piece missing.

Cal's teams just seem to get really tight in the last 5 minutes of crucial tourney games. They have won some but lost several.
Do not know if it is youth, coaching, luck, or what. Frustrating but will try it again next year.
I didn't see really tight at all - I saw a team hitting clutch shots and losing on a heartbreaker against one of the strongest teams in the country. But if losing at any point in the tourney means that you were playing tight, then by definition, every coach has his teams too tight in the last 5 minutes of crucial tourney games (they're all crucial since there are no second chances).

It is going to take an insane talent like Anthony Davis and some upperclassmen to offset officiating.

2012 Kentucky was so good they couldn't let officials take it from them.
I agree here. I mentioned this in a different thread. It will take a truly dominant team. Will have to wait for a another mix of upperclassmen to stick around along with an insane freshman class. Not sure if it happens.

Does he win another one?
Who can say for sure? I think he will.

But by the time you make the Elite Eight - or especially the Final Four - it's a crap shoot..........takes some luck sprinkled in as well. The season's best team ends up as national champion much less than half the time.

One thing is for certain. You have to get to the Final Four to even have a shot, and Cal has done that better than anyone since he has been at UK.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT