ADVERTISEMENT

Does Cal win another title?

FishersBlue

All-American
Feb 9, 2005
Because his teams have been so consistently good, it's becoming clear just how hard it is to win a title. Maybe I thought it would be easier with the talent he brings in. But man Cal's tenure so far has been full of unbelievable wins and some absolutely heartbreaking losss.

Does he win another one?

Because his teams have been so consistently good, it's becoming clear just how hard it is to win a title. Maybe I thought it would be easier with the talent he brings in. But man Cal's tenure so far has been full of unbelievable wins and some absolutely heartbreaking losss.

Does he win another one?
Championships are rare. We went 14 years without one.

It takes holdovers and experience. The only Years we've had that we won the title and lost to Wisconsin after being undefeated. Our kids go while other kids of the same stature come back for other teams. Don't think it is only because Cal puts the kids first and others don't. How about other coaches don't highly encourage their kids to go and allow them to make their own decisions.

He's gotta have a senior show up for him. Darius did. Poythress ran and hid. Willis and Mulder failed.

He will probably win one more. Few years down the road.

Even though we have high ranked recruits coming in this feels like a rebuild. Not a rebuild like a crap school, but our version of one.

Reactions: CladinBigOrange
Should've been this year. But with the mass exodus of OADs, it will be mighty hard to bring home 9.

The formula to win is the 2012 team. A blend of OAD's and GOOD freshman coming back.

U

Does he win another one?
boy, you been waiting a while to post this crap, ain'tcha

I don't know. We are going to be a good team every season Cal is here. We are always going to be in the conversation for a potential championship. But it is just so damn hard to win one of these things. And despite being a good team every year, it seems we are always just lacking that extra little bit needed to get over the top and bring home the trophy. It is frustrating.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2017 suggests no.

Not sure any team in the last 7 years has had more opportunities to win a title and come up short.

Could literally argue that UK should have 2-3 more

no you can't. random babbling is beyond stupid.

It takes holdovers and experience. The only Years we've had that we won the title and lost to Wisconsin after being undefeated. Our kids go while other kids of the same stature come back for other teams. Don't think it is only because Cal puts the kids first and others don't. How about other coaches don't highly encourage their kids to go and allow them to make their own decisions.

This. UK fans love the hate on other coaches who get kids to stay but the reality is it helps win titles. Carolina likely goes on to win the title this year and why? Because they have really talented upperclassmen. Call Roy a POS for anything else, but he's brilliant for getting kids to stay.

Do you really believe what you just said?

He's gotta have a senior show up for him. Darius did. Poythress ran and hid. Willis and Mulder failed.

Willis Could have made the big shot but he played OK. Leave Mulder out of this. Senior, but didn't play last year. Not much run this year. He COULD have been huge but to lay that expectation on him is just wrong.

Reactions: ala_kat2
U

boy, you been waiting a while to post this crap, ain'tcha

The OP has made--I think--a good, genuine post. It's super hard to win a Championship. Tough loss today is just another example of the fact. Good post, OP.

**OP made a good post... not a "god' post, HA!

Look at the four teams playing next weekend. Are they loaded with one and dones?

Cal will win the title of most first rounders in the draft. That's the one that matters to him. Players first remember?

Thinking the same thing. I am nobody important, just a fan. But, am beginning to wonder if Cal's system works? Gets us to elite 8's and final 4's but only 1 championship? Freely admit, this is not a good attitude to have, but I judge programs on wins and losses, not nba players.

I think he will but it may be a few years. Next year we have almost no experience and no seniors at all and it's that mix of experience and super freshman talent that is needed. I think we'll be very good next year and entertaining but I'm not expecting a title. Hope I'm greatly surprised.

Reactions: wildcatwelder

Does he win another one?
Perhaps wait til the body is cold next time.

Look at the four teams playing next weekend. Are they loaded with one and dones?

Cal will win the title of most first rounders in the draft. That's the one that matters to him. Players first remember?
Uh, we were just a shot away from winning this game. Would that have changed your philosophy with that shot? All games are close, even our 2012 team had losses and close games in the FF. They can all go either way. UNC had all the experience and blend that you are talking about and we were tied with seconds left.

Reactions: brianpoe
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT