ADVERTISEMENT

Does Cal win another title?

Because his teams have been so consistently good, it's becoming clear just how hard it is to win a title. Maybe I thought it would be easier with the talent he brings in. But man Cal's tenure so far has been full of unbelievable wins and some absolutely heartbreaking losss.

Does he win another one?
God knows.

Without a fair whistle he'll need overwhelming talent. I'm sorry but the refs have that game to unc today. I'm not sure I've seen a more blatant whistle than today. UNC doesn't even make the final game. If you look at uk's bracket the past seven years we never get an even bracket or good seeding. Even in 2012 they tried to screw us.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
He's most proud of getting them drafted to the NBA.

If that's true then KY prob won't have the bench or talented veterans to do so unless just a ridiculous class like Wall and Cuz and co.....Which could happen but dang that's rare

Reactions: HoopsTalker65
I remember growing up making fun of Dean Smith. We'd rattle off countless names of stud players that played for him and then marvel at the lack of titles.

We are the new Carolina Way. Hopefully we at least have classes to attend.

Because his teams have been so consistently good, it's becoming clear just how hard it is to win a title. Maybe I thought it would be easier with the talent he brings in. But man Cal's tenure so far has been full of unbelievable wins and some absolutely heartbreaking losss.

Does he win another one?

Are you a dumbass? You can guess what I think, and it's the same answer to your question.

cal should get another title at some point---hopefully it's soon---with unc winning the title this year, their fans will be even more unbearable than ever!

Look at the four teams playing next weekend. Are they loaded with one and dones?

Cal will win the title of most first rounders in the draft. That's the one that matters to him. Players first remember?
Where have you been the last few games? Under your rock?

IU fan here.

Yes.

Cal will win another title.

The freaking dude ALWAYS has you in the hunt and nearly ALWAYS goes deep into the NCAA tourney.
I agree, he'll prolly win more than one more. There's no need to be down or place blame. You lost a great game to a great team on a last second shot, it happens.

Reactions: FishersBlue
No he will not. Not unless he changes how he pushes guys to the NBA and that's not happening. It'll either take a terrible year where a handful of guys that were supposed to be OAD just can't leave and he adds a great class with a once in a generation player like Davis. Chances of all that happening is very slim.

It took a NBA lockout threat pushing a top class of guys back here and getting our best player in history and also the #2 pick of the draft just to get the one he has. It justs isn't happening. Our teams under Cal will always find a way to lose late in the tournament.

Reactions: HoopsTalker65
All the powers have struggled to make it further than us. It feels like being a golfer at a major. Just keep being somewhere on the leaderboard every Sunday and give yourself a shot. Hope you can close a few of them out.

I do think these heartbreakers will motivate Cal even more.

Now you are finally seeing that making it to the Final 4 should be the goal every year. To win it all takes some Luck. So many land mines in the way. You need first a good team. Second a good draw in matchups in your side of the Bracket. Next no injuries.Then all your players play their average games ,no bad games. Hopefully playing on a floor that isn't in your enemies back yard,and last like we found out today refs who call the whole game fairly. Then you might make a Final 4. Then it is Luck from there on. Games could go either way.

The OAD keeps us stacked but the experience factor really hurts. Where would this team have been with Hawk and Willis?

Thinking the same thing. I am nobody important, just a fan. But, am beginning to wonder if Cal's system works? Gets us to elite 8's and final 4's but only 1 championship? Freely admit, this is not a good attitude to have, but I judge programs on wins and losses, not nba players.
No you are judging by championships because if you were judging by wins and losses what Cal has done for our program would give you a perpetual woody. Assuming you have a d$&k which is questionable. Most wind and NCAA wins since he's been here I believe so stop lying.

No he will not. Not unless he changes how he pushes guys to the NBA and that's not happening. It'll either take a terrible year where a handful of guys that were supposed to be OAD just can't leave and he adds a great class with a once in a generation player like Davis. Chances of all that happening is very slim.

It took a NBA lockout threat pushing a top class of guys back here and getting our best player in history and also the #2 pick of the draft just to get the one he has. It justs isn't happening. Our teams under Cal will always find a way to lose late in the tournament.

We didn't "find" a way to lose. Monk hit a great shot. Maye hit a great shot. That's basketball. If you can't handle that, watch tennis or something.

Reactions: brianpoe
i believe Cal will get another title as will Self. they are too good of coaches not to get another one if not multiple. they key is recruiting a couple good players they will stick around for 2-3 years with some stud freshman.

Reactions: FishersBlue
Should've been this year. But with the mass exodus of OADs, it will be mighty hard to bring home 9.

The formula to win is the 2012 team. A blend of OAD's and GOOD freshman coming back.
So basically we need the NBA to threaten another lockout and then find a player as good or better than Davis to add to the team? Shouldn't be too hard.

Face it, we lucked out in 2012. Everything aligned perfectly for that team.

Reactions: KailuaCat
I thought this was the Cats ceiling even after they got on the winning streak. Maybe the Final Four if they don't have to face UCLA and Carolina back to back.
I love Willis but he obviously isn't on a level with Jackson and Leaf.
Cats were a really good power forward away from a title this year so Cal got about as much out of this group as he could.
I thought Monk would be more of a factor today so that is a little disappointing but freshman play like freshman sometimes.

Ridiculous.

You were in the Elite 8.

How many Final 4's has Cal taken Kentucky to?

Winning titles is kinda hard.

Sheesh.

What a shock that you show after loss. POS!

We went 14 years because of Tubby and Billy Clyde. When we are putting 3-4 first rounds picks into the NBA every year we should be finishing the job at this point of the year and not losing to Wisconsin, UCONN and UNC this game.
We went 20 with Rupp and Halll with no parity.

I don't think so. Not because of Cal and OAD but the way the NCAA rigs the tournament and ALWAYS makes it murders row but KY to adavance. Makes it easy for other brackets. Is it because they hate Cal, the fans, or KY don't know. But at least with any luck RP and UL will be on probation again

I know this; he has us in a position to win one almost every year. When you get to the elite 8, anything can happen. All of those teams are good. Eventually, though the odds say we will break through and win another one. Maybe even next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT