ADVERTISEMENT

Do you hope Oscar plays well in the scrimmages

YardCat

All-SEC
Jan 2, 2007
Memphis
I actually hope he plays well and has a chance to fulfill his dream of playing in the NBA. The UK fan in me wants him back for another year, but that is just me being greedy as a fan. What do you think?

Reactions: jmw23712
I actually hope he plays well and has a chance to fulfill his dream of playing in the NBA. The UK fan in me wants him back for another year, but that is just me being greedy as a fan. What do you think?

Yeah I’m rooting for Oscar. While I’d love to have him back, he’s given us a lot and would really like to see him make the next level. And hopefully succeed at the next level.

Feel the same. If we are left without a quality big man no one’s fault but the 9 million dollar man.

To be honest in response, this is a tough one. We all thought with Oscar coming back last season we were a final four team. How did that work out?

Oscar should hold the same pre-season UK hope once again if he does come back. He is physically imposing and we will have no one that matches that this season otherwise. Ugo may or may not be improved but he gets pushed around and won't create problems like Oscar does. None of the Freshman have that physical capability to match either. It therefore seems that we need him. Yet, if he does poorly in the scrimmages, it will be equally problematic. So, I guess let the chips fall where they may.

To be honest in response, this is a tough one. We all thought with Oscar coming back last season we were a final four team. How did that work out?

Oscar should hold the same pre-season UK hope once again if he does come back. He is physically imposing and we will have no one that matches that this season otherwise. Ugo may or may not be improved but he gets pushed around and won't create problems like Oscar does. None of the Freshman have that physical capability to match either. It therefore seems that we need him. Yet, if he does poorly in the scrimmages, it will be equally problematic. So, I guess let the chips fall where they may.
Oscar wasn't the problem last season.

Ugh, I'm ashamed I guess.. but no, I don't.

Oscar might be doing it in a nice way, but he's STILL kind of stringing UK along. So I can't really root for him to do well at the workouts, when we still have a team to fill. Plus he'll make just as much money here next year.

It's a business at this point. The kids pockets and feelings come 2nd to me, just like winning has become 2nd to them.

For the team, I'd like him back. It's unbelievable that there are so many that don't. It makes no sense.

For him, I hope he makes it in the Pros. He should have left after the previous season.

Reactions: bookerfan66
He was PART of the problem on and off the court.

A lot of blame to go around for everyone but Oscar has obvious flaws that limits UK’s ceiling.
Every player has flaws. It's the coaches job to minimize them for the good of the team. Our coach doesn't do that. So some fans just seem to think we need all perfect players to be successful. And I guess with this coach, we do.

Reactions: bookerfan66
Selfishly, no. He's had enough time to get to the NBA. What I hope happens is that he realizes there are aspects to his game that he needs to work on, and that he dedicates his summer to improving those areas, before coming back to UK to lead UK back to an SEC tourney title and hopefully make some real noise in the NCAA tournament.

He is looking good today, I’m happily for him, he actually has worked his butt off since he has been at UK. I’m thankful for him because after watching him with 10pts and 13 rebounds thru 3 quarters, he will be picked up. We need another big now, Big O is gone.

I am cheering for Oscar to crush it. I’m also cheering for Grant Nelson to withdraw from the draft and come here. Add that Reeves and Livingston or Livingston replacement and let’s ride. Best we can hope for at this point Id say.

I am cheering for Oscar to crush it. I’m also cheering for Grant Nelson to withdraw from the draft and come here. Add that Reeves and Livingston or Livingston replacement and let’s ride. Best we can hope for at this point Id say.
Nelson has a better chance of staying in the draft than Oscar does.

I'll always root for Oscar to do well no matter what he does. Represented UK with class for 2 years and always will be one of my favorite Wildcats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT