ADVERTISEMENT

Does Oscar Consider a Return?

What everyone needs to understand if Cal has a sub par season he is gone.. He must put the best product on the floor and he can't go very far with just freshmen or an average bench
I just don't see UK trying to save face by releasing him before his contract is up. Why they haven't fired Mitch is beyond me. Calipari will have to remove himself, but I'm afraid his mission to put as many guys in the NBA has long replace any desire to win championships (at the cost of NBA draft picks).

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Why is it not possible?
This is just my opinion based on my own observations:
- Cal said all seniors would leave
- Cal said he play two seven footers together next season
- Oscar calling Cal out during season
- Cal calling Oscar out more than once during season
- numerous media saying Oscar isn’t coming back (Pilgrim. Jones, Tucker in so many words)
- Hearing how Oscar was basically solo in locker room for like 20 minutes with a media horde standing behind him, not saying a word, head down - just seemed like he was trying to figure out how his college career ended the way it did

Guess just the way it seems to me.

This is just my opinion based on my own observations:
- Cal said all seniors would leave
- Cal said he play two seven footers together next season
- Oscar calling Cal out during season
- Cal calling Oscar out more than once during season
- numerous media saying Oscar isn’t coming back (Pilgrim. Jones, Tucker in so many words)
- Hearing how Oscar was basically solo in locker room for like 20 minutes with a media horde standing behind him, not saying a word, head down - just seemed like he was trying to figure out how his college career ended the way it did

Guess just the way it seems to me.
You’re not wrong, I just didn’t know if there was an actual reason he couldn’t. Makes me sad. He should absolutely come back IMO.

Love Oscar, but he does not fit what Cal is trying to do. I'm not saying that is Oscar's fault, but that is the truth. It is obvious they were not on the same page this year.

GREAT numbers. Great leader. Great person. Horrible defender, and makes the offense stagnant.

Since the Coach isn't changing, unfortunately it is time for Oscar to move on..

This. I can’t fathom why any UK fan would not want him back.

What’s wrong with some of you knuckleheads?

Many of them hate Oscar because of his faith. It’s as simple as that. That hate that he’s open about it and they hate what he stands for.

Not everyone, but most who wouldn’t take back a guy like that? They hate him because of his faith. Just read the other threads where it was being discussed. It’s so obvious it’s painful to read.

Many of them hate Oscar because of his faith. It’s as simple as that. That hate that he’s open about it and they hate what he stands for.

Not everyone, but most who wouldn’t take back a guy like that? They hate him because of his faith. Just read the other threads where it was being discussed. It’s so obvious it’s painful to read.
Uh, I don’t think that’s the case at all. Kentucky is one of the most god fearing states in America. Our fans are just literally stupid.

💯, nobody in their right mind would want a 2x AA, NPOY, ALL-SEC and best rebounding big man we have ever had to not come back. He saved us from being absolutely pathetic the past 2 years. First year was really good until injuries, this year would have sucked hard. He also brought his A game in the NCAA Tourney both years.

Last edited:
Uh, I don’t think that’s the case at all. Kentucky is one of the most god fearing states in America. Our fans are just literally stupid.

I’m not talking about the people across the state. I’m talking about a lot of posters who want him to go. The other thread on this topic was pretty clear. Very sad.

Reactions: KFuqua
Listen part of me wants Oscar to move on because I just don’t feel like he will fit in with this incoming group. That being said if he did return I would hope he would improve on his defense over the summer. What is everyone’s thoughts on a possible return? Would you love to have him back or do you want him to move on?
2.5 million reasons say it's a good idea for his future.

Why doesn’t our Coach put his players in the best positions to succeed and win games. If Oscar can’t play man to man defense let’s all think about this for a second ——— play ZONE!!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: KFuqua and Gromcat
Love Oscar, but he does not fit what Cal is trying to do.
I can see trying to change the way we play but I really don't know if Cal has a clear idea of what he wants to do or much less how to build a team around that.

Reactions: KFuqua
does Cal want him back?

that's the crazy part of this - you have a 2 time AA who probably wants to come back except the coach is a maniac who is cracking under the pressure of underperforming, is intent on playing a limited style of ball and throws the former NPOY under the bus to the media when his Lilliputian PG throws the ball at his feet

I don’t want Oscar or Cal back. Looks like I’m stuck with Cal.

Don’t get me wrong, Oscar has a lot of physical tools as well as intangibles to work with. Hopefully for his sake there’s a coach out there who can get through to him.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
It was pretty evident in a couple threads that people resented him for his religion.
Yeah there are a few posts about his religion being a point of contention. But the the vast majority of people who don’t want Oscar back are citing basketball reasons. They are the hardcore “modern basketball” folks who just don’t like his game.

Reactions: LmdCat
He's a back to back All American and last year's national player of the year and Wooden award winner. But somehow according to some people, he isn't good enough to play here and we should part ways. SMH.
It’s not that he’s not good enough. The issue is he doesn’t help us win, especially when it matters most. And, as many have pointed out, there’s uncertainty regarding how he might mesh with the next group of guys.

Do you have proof that fans don't want Oscar back because of his faith? If it is about his faith, why did fans want him back this year? Has he changed his faith from last season?

Reactions: track42
It’s not that he’s not good enough. The issue is he doesn’t help us win, especially when it matters most. And, as many have pointed out, there’s uncertainty regarding how he might mesh with the next group of guys.
My concern with Oscar is that he obviously doesn't work as hard as he should on defense. He takes too long to pass out of a double team and he will literally kill one of his own for a rebound when it is clearly unnecessary. Also, way too many turnovers occur trying to force the ball to him when he is obviously not open which reduces his teammates into game watchers instead of game players.

Love Oscar, but he does not fit what Cal is trying to do. I'm not saying that is Oscar's fault, but that is the truth. It is obvious they were not on the same page this year.

GREAT numbers. Great leader. Great person. Horrible defender, and makes the offense stagnant.

Since the Coach isn't changing, unfortunately it is time for Oscar to move on..
This, let’s be honest…..he won 2 post season games in 2 years (1 sec tournament and 1 NCAA). He’s a great player but something clearly isn’t working.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT