ADVERTISEMENT

Do you feel like you influence the outcome of UK basketball games?

I'm awful, I can't sit down unless we're up 10-12 points, I think a lot of us feel like we jinx them if we get up and go get a snack at wrong time, or go downstairs, upstairs, different chairs, shirts, go outside, or whatever!!! It's crazy being a true blue cat fan for so long!!! I wish I could be my dad! He would sit in recliner and never move, yell and always had a feel if we would win!!! I miss him, he passed away couple days before the Wisconsin game thinking we had #9 in the bag!!!

I do have some anecdotal evidence that I do. The 31 point comeback in Baton Rouge in 1994 I was sitting in one position in the recliner for most of the first half and into the 2nd half. But sure enough as soon as I switched positions we started mounting what would eventually become the greatest comeback of all-time. I sat on my foot as it fell asleep and stayed asleep for the better part of a half hour and wouldn’t move.

You’re welcome BBN

I am pretty big on not changing anything during the game. Won't change seats or eat or drink anything I didn't start the game with.
I once made my wife wait outside during the whole overtime period because she hadn't been there watching. She was pissed about that. Cats won so it worked.

Last edited:
Not Us.
158614589.jpg

I watched the Abilene Christian game at a little shit hole bar in my home town. Went back to the same bar for the Wofford game. I really don’t want to go back tonight, but...shit hole bar, here I come.
#samebar #samehoodie
UPDATE: The bar is closed on Sunday, but the owner is gonna open up for a few hours tomorrow. It’s a tap room type of bar, so no liquor. Part of the superstition is drinking bourbon before tipoff. He lets me bring my own in!

Reactions: Calsmyguy
This. My head tells me I'm being silly... my heart says I better get my lucky shirt on!
I almost did that last night. I didn't wear any UK gear before the game and thought about putting on one of many UK shirts.....but then thought....why? It means nothing to what's happening on the floor. Maybe it's a sign of maturity.

Of course I have singularly, the greatest, most immense influence of any member of BBN on the outcome of Kentucky games...... when we win!

When we lose, it's all you other jerkoffs that are ruining it for the rest of us!

hehehe

Go Big Blue!

No. Superstition is ridiculous and to the extent that there is god He would not be taking sides in athletics. Ran into one of my old teachers the other day saying she was praying for the Yankees. Smh

I’m the least superstitious person in the world. As a matter of fact I will purposely do stuff to mess up everyone else’s superstitions lol. It’s outlandish to me that anyone would seriously think they can control the outcome of a bunch of kids playing a game 1000 miles away. You guys know I’m right.

But I’m all for everyone feeling safe and secure and happy. So outside of some ribbing I will generally respect a person’s crazy

I do have some anecdotal evidence that I do. The 31 point comeback in Baton Rouge in 1994 I was sitting in one position in the recliner for most of the first half and into the 2nd half. But sure enough as soon as I switched positions we started mounting what would eventually become the greatest comeback of all-time. I sat on my foot as it fell asleep and stayed asleep for the better part of a half hour and wouldn’t move.

You’re welcome BBN
That is what you trained for! Lol

Reactions: STL_Cat
I stood up right in front of the tv the last 2-3 minutes vs. Houston and I think it helped. Think we went on a 7-0 run after I stood up.

I make a wish at 11:11 that we will win. Tonight my phone said 11:10 and skipped ahead to 11:12. I was thinking about what my wish would be so does that count?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT