ADVERTISEMENT

Do you chip in for NIL at UK?

Do you chip in for NIL at UK

• Yes

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 150 90.9%

• Total voters
I would certainly lay a few hundred a year for some sort of NIL slush fund. Honestly the university should set up some sort of package, donate $100 towards the NIL fund and we will give you a t-shirt and a poster. Or something like that.

I think kentucky is going to need to get creative to try and land top recruits in basketball and football in this NIL era.

Don't let me bother you so much, bud. You make it too easy.

You keep posting? I thought you were too cool to be posting or it irks you people know you’re a conman.

Get a life and quit playing fantasy life on a Kentucky message board. Get help.

You keep posting? I thought you were too cool to be posting or it irks you people know you’re a conman.

Get a life and quit playing fantasy life on a Kentucky message board. Get help.
I'm too cool to post? How so?

You're the only one who seems bothered, bud. I'm just enjoying it! 🤣

I would certainly lay a few hundred a year for some sort of NIL slush fund. Honestly the university should set up some sort of package, donate $100 towards the NIL fund and we will give you a t-shirt and a poster. Or something like that.

I think kentucky is going to need to get creative to try and land top recruits in basketball and football in this NIL era.
I think this is the way to try and grab more interest. Have it tiered based on how much you “pony up.” People would be more interested if they knew they could get a chance at some cool UK gear. Just expecting people to throw money at a collective, with nothing in return, isn’t going work long term. Donor fatigue happens, and it’s going to eventually catch up with NIL, got to be creative to give fans something in return.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I think this is the way to try and grab more interest. Have it tiered based on how much you “pony up.” People would be more interested if they knew they could get a chance at some cool UK gear. Just expecting people to throw money at a collective, with nothing in return, isn’t going work long term. Donor fatigue happens, and it’s going to eventually catch up with NIL, got to be creative to give fans something in return.

Yep exactly. $100 for the basketball team gets you a commerative $8 UK t-shirt, or something the like. Which sounds crappy on the surface, but that's how you generate the funds. Even NFPs will do something like this after a donation. Commemorative Christmas Ornament or something.

I could be wrong in this assessment, but I think UK and schools like IU will struggle a bit to keep up in the NIL area. Miami and USC have the weather. Schools like Duke and Notre Dame have a larger pool of rich alumnus to tap into. What does Kentucky offer in the sea of basketball programs, when you really boil it down? An elite basketball pedigree and a rabid fanbase, for sure. But idk if that will move the needle as much as we think.

I'm too cool to post? How so?

You're the only one who seems bothered, bud. I'm just enjoying it! 🤣

Here you are…still posting.

No one believed your BS in your original post…no one does now.

Imagine being the loser that makes up a fake life to put on a message board. You have issues. I hope you seek help.

Yep exactly. $100 for the basketball team gets you a commerative $8 UK t-shirt, or something the like. Which sounds crappy on the surface, but that's how you generate the funds. Even NFPs will do something like this after a donation. Commemorative Christmas Ornament or something.

I could be wrong in this assessment, but I think UK and schools like IU will struggle a bit to keep up in the NIL area. Miami and USC have the weather. Schools like Duke and Notre Dame have a larger pool of rich alumnus to tap into. What does Kentucky offer in the sea of basketball programs, when you really boil it down? An elite basketball pedigree and a rabid fanbase, for sure. But idk if that will move the needle as much as we think.
I think NIL will naturally level out on its own, at some point. Look at some of the $ these players are getting, while not bringing in the results. I don’t think rich alumni will always be willing to throw money at paying players. A lot of those types want recognition (names on building type of stuff). Throwing money at players who might transfer in a year or not yield the expected results is going catch up at some point.

This isn’t the pros where you can lock a guy in for a set amount of years. A rich donor could open the checkbook for a player that gets his feelings hurt and sits out waiting to transfer. Would you be wanting to pump more money in when the school comes asking again? I don’t have any answers, I just don’t see this current model as being sustainable. It’s basically free agency 24/7.

Here you are…still posting.

No one believed your BS in your original post…no one does now.

Imagine being the loser that makes up a fake life to put on a message board. You have issues. I hope you seek help.
You seem awfully bothered by it to not believe it. I don't bother being perturbed or responsive to things I don't believe. Here you are eat it up by it.

No one is ate up. You’re the one who bragged about never posting, yet here you arare.
I bragged about never posting? Where?

Are you sure I just didn't point out the fact I don't spend an abundance of my time with it?

For someone not "ate" up, you sure seem disgruntled.

Are you sure I just didn't point out the fact I don't spend an abundance of my time with it?

by quoting "ate" are you suggesting that "eat up" is correct? Most rich people don't say "eat up".

Reactions: UKortho

You’re still at it? I admit you’re trying your best to keep your ridiculous fantasy life up.

They do? You'll have to show me some evidence of this!

It's not taking much effort, me being a hardworker and all. 😉
Your idiotic responses make me want to tell a story, maybe true, maybe not.

The person that started yahoo.com happened to be allowed to play a round of golf at Augusta National. After his round, he was in the club house and hand been drinking a bit, getting loud. Loud enough that a long standing member of Augusta saw fit to ask him to "quiet it down." So, Yahoo guy says "do you know who I am?" Old guys says "I have no idea who you are, but you need to quit being so loud." Yahoo guy says "I'll be as loud as I want, I created Yahoo.com and am worth 3 billion dollars." Old guy reaches into his coat pocket, pulls out a deck of cards, put them on the table in from of Yahoo guy, and said "I'll cut you for it."

Your idiotic responses make me want to tell a story, maybe true, maybe not.

The person that started yahoo.com happened to be allowed to play a round of golf at Augusta National. After his round, he was in the club house and hand been drinking a bit, getting loud. Loud enough that a long standing member of Augusta saw fit to ask him to "quiet it down." So, Yahoo guy says "do you know who I am?" Old guys says "I have no idea who you are, but you need to quit being so loud." Yahoo guy says "I'll be as loud as I want, I created Yahoo.com and am worth 3 billion dollars." Old guy reaches into his coat pocket, pulls out a deck of cards, put them on the table in from of Yahoo guy, and said "I'll cut you for it."
Ok. I don't drink, though.

Still curious about how stating hardwork will get you ahead is idiotic. Do you disagree with that? If so, why?

The Stoops comment got me wondering how many here give to UK’s NIL.

I will start out and say no; and I don’t see myself ever wanting to give directly to NIL.
Not only no but hell no! If I wanted to watch professional sports, I’d watch professional sports. College football and basketball are rapidly turning into something I never wanted them to be.

If UK can’t get it done because of lack of NIL support, oh well, I’ve got loads of other things to do with my money that actually pay me back in some appreciable way.

Not to mention the general state of our economy, there are smarter things to spend my money on right now, for me anyway, not speaking for anyone else. Not sure I’d give to it even if I had money to burn though.

These are the same people who made up and pushed a rumor about Ray Davis wanted more NIL and are outraged by it. Don’t give to NIL, complains about NIL.

You can't tell people to pony up, and then promptly go 1-5. Win the bowl game and you probably salvage the season.

Last edited:
How do you know what the **** I do, you fkin nerd?
I was saying you as a general term not you specifically angry one. I was talking about the people who were saying Ray Davis wanted more NIL money. If that imply to you, you should have kept you mouth shut and you wouldn’t look like an angry unhinged lunatic calling people f-ing nerds.

I was saying you as a general term not you specifically angry one. I was talking about the people who were saying Ray Davis wanted more NIL money. If that imply to you, you should have kept you mouth shut and you wouldn’t look like an angry unhinged lunatic calling people f-ing nerds.

Shut the fk up you fking nerd, walking around here thinking you're Mike Jones. Foh.

I'm a little lost on how contributing to a general fund supports name and likeness

I thought the whole NIL was these guys could endorse a car or a steakhouse, sell jerseys with their name on it or sell autographs - not just be given a bag of money that was donated from fans.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I'm a little lost on how contributing to a general fund supports name and likeness

I thought the whole NIL was these guys could endorse a car or a steakhouse, sell jerseys with their name on it or sell autographs - not just be given a bag of money that was donated from fans.
The slippery slope. It turned into what it is now. But never forget when the grievance crowd was pining for ''just let them get 20 bucks for an autograph'' now you got football programs paying 9M for a QB out of HS. It's legal pay for play

Absolutely not. They're getting a free education as it is, while I'll be paying on mine for decades. Bunch of primadonnas.

Reactions: blubo
Capitalism, you hate to see it. Guys getting paid their market value is what’s wrong with this country. Maybe the government should come up with a system where these guys get paid what they think their value is, not what they’re able to earn on the open market.

Capitalism, you hate to see it. Guys getting paid their market value is what’s wrong with this country. Maybe the government should come up with a system where these guys get paid what they think their value is, not what they’re able to earn on the open market.
Griveance lobby.

Cal keeps bragging his NBA guys have made over two billion in contracts. Maybe they should donate some.

Reactions: blubo

Precisely. Not sure how that is really supposed to work in the spirit of what NIL is supposed to be, but whatever.

I do not contribute, and will not UNLESS I received assurances that any funds I might contribute will only be applied to NIL packages that carry specific language requiring participation by the athlete in ALL events on the schedule, INCLUDING post season bowl games and tournaments.... and there is a payment schedule that withholds some or all funds until such conditions are met.

I said it years ago here but I gave $150k to the collective when I got pitched that Shaedon Sharpe was going to be a 1.5 year player. Some of my friends gave more, some gave less on the same promise. I will never, ever give again.

• Haha
Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT