ADVERTISEMENT

Do you chip in for NIL at UK?

Do you chip in for NIL at UK

• Yes

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 150 90.9%

• Total voters
I contribute. Lots of "average fans" contribute to UK NIL, because they realize something that many on this thread apparently do not. You don't have to give $1000. You don't even have to give $100 if that is too much. Nobody is asking you to starve your family. Unless you are disabled or bankrupt, there isn't a single poster who can't afford to give $25. It's the cost of an Uber ride or a couple of movie tickets. The size of the contribution does not represent the loyalty of the fan, and nobody with common sense suggests that. Some of us have more financial obligations and resources than others. It's about making the effort. Everyone should make the effort, even if it is $25.. All you have to do is contribute what you can afford. As we can see here, many people who jump up and comment on a thread like this one are the same people who already have a firm rationale to justify why they won't contribute. Many of the same people behave here as if the Universirty of Kentucky has an obligation to entertain them, but they do not see this as a two-way street. Those people should be embarrassed, but some people are hard to embarrass.
I will never give crap

If I knew $300K could buy the #1 recruit... UK fans would likely pony up to make it happen.

But there is no guarantees. You are blindly bidding against other programs & fans. Also it's not just about the money either it's still the recruits decision at the end of the day.

So where does my money go if they don't nab the #1 recruit? Does it go to the #10 or #40?

Or does some rich guy pocket my money?

Count me out... if things weren't shady before NIL it certainly is now.

NO!!!! I would rather give money to real students who are interested in an education. Athletes already get too much freeeeee

Thought about it and was prepared to go with the $50 or $100 a month package, but after thinking it over, decided that "donation" would look better in the college funds of our three granddaughters...or some to the local food bank...or to something like Habitat for Humanity. When you give to an NIL "collective", you're hoping to buy players who may or may not need the money, may or may not pan out, and who may hit the portal for a better offer. I have no problem with players being included in revenue sharing, selling merchandise with their likeness, doing autographs or doing commercials for businesses or whatever. There was also a player in the Polynesian Bowl who soured me some on it. He had just picked off UT's million dollar man, and when the sideline reporter was talking to him, he used the phrase "gettin' paid" 75 times in a 60 second interview, as though that was the most important thing when he chose his college. I'd just as soon steer clear of that.

There were no rules. People have been buying players forever
Sure there were rules Just ask U6. Then there was the thing with there Emory package where there was rules but no money and we got busted.

NOW there are no rules and semipro college basketball is filth and corruption. Are you telling me yuh love what what NIL and the portal shuffle have done to the game? It’s an abomination.

My parents are about your age and they are loaded. Of course, they didn't spend their time on a computer/message board complaining. They actually set goals and worked hard for what they have.

These comments are beyond stupid. Oh, because someone posts on a message board, they have no goals and don’t work hard…..

Wait! What does that say about you? Hmmmmmm. Living in their basement I assume?

These comments are beyond stupid. Oh, because someone posts on a message board, they have no goals and don’t work hard…..

Wait! What does that say about you? Hmmmmmm. Living in their basement I assume?
I honestly don't work that hard anymore. I've made most of the money I'll ever need and then some. As could most others, if they stopped whining and put forth the effort. Now I let others do the brunt of the work, which I still profit from.

I have less than 10 posts to his 14,000. So, no, it doesn't appear I do spend that much time here.

I'm not sure if you've been able to logically infer it yet or not, but I am not the one complaining about financial struggles. So, what does it say about me?

They are only stupid to people who don't understand them. 😉

I honestly don't work that hard anymore. I've made most of the money I'll ever need and then some. As could most others, if they stopped whining and put forth the effort. Now I let others do the brunt of the work, which I still profit from.

I have less than 10 posts to his 14,000. So, no, it doesn't appear I do spend that much time here.

I'm not sure if you've been able to logically infer it yet or not, but I am not the one complaining about financial struggles. So, what does it say about me?

Sure, you’re the richest dude out these and are head and shoulders above everyone since you have less than 10 posts. What a majestic life you must lead. We bow to you. You’re soooo much better than all of the peons on this board

Sure, you’re the richest dude out these and are head and shoulders above everyone since you have less than 10 posts. What a majestic life you must lead. We bow to you. You’re soooo much better than all of the peons on this board
I mean, I guess that is one way to look at it. I tend to take the approach I am like everyone else with the exception that I work hard instead of making excuses.

You really don't have to be rich to be comfortable and set.

I mean, I guess that is one way to look at it. I tend to take the approach I am like everyone else with the exception that I work hard instead of making excuses.

You really don't have to be rich to be comfortable and set.

Yes, you work hard and no one else does. You’re the greatest

(Holy geez)

I gave a one time 50 buck contribution. Plan on doing that once a year.
You wanna compete with Ga and Bama then pony up some money. I'm sure their fanbase is.
If you dont, then quit complaining about Stoops because we don't have the $$$ to buy the horses to compete.
Stoops coulda said it better but he is right.
Put up or shut up.
Screw Stoops. He needs to coach better. Neither UK nor Nil will ever get any more of my money.

You do understand that all reasonable people think you're a liar and 0% of what you're saying is true don't you?
It's odd you would take the time to be bothered and feel the need to reply to someone you don't believe. Most people would just ignore it.

However, whether you believe me or not isn't an issue for me, as it doesn't negate my point at all.
Yes, you work hard and no one else does. You’re the greatest

(Holy geez)
I am a pretty hard worker, so maybe. If people who are struggling would apply that mentality, they wouldn't be struggling. Pretty simple.

giphy.gif
Yes and I’m so glad it’s being put to good use

Reactions: westerncat
Nope i'm 78 and raised in a different world than what it is today. Many of the younger generation have no clue.
Well it’s your generation that are running the country and organizations like the ncaa.

Whenever you’re feeling down about the struggles of retirement, just remember that my generation is paying for your social security of which we will likely never receive. Also, if you can afford to retire and go without an income then you’re coming out ahead right now.

Reactions: RunninRichie
I just find it crazy. Fans are expected to pay absurd tix prices, get tv packages deals like the SECN to watch games, and now pony up money to pay players. In an era where players can bolt at any minute or sit on the bench and refuse to play.

Kind of funny how some have acted like fans don’t matter to a program, but now all the sudden if we aren’t paying more money we’re the problem. Not directing that at you, just the general vibe around it all.
I share these feels. I no longer financially support UK because of things like you mentioned in addition to all the work practices they are employing.

I remember a day and age where fans were appreciated and honored as the “6th man.” Now we’re just scapegoat for when they struggle and a cow for them to try to milk. Not me, my tits are dry.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
I contribute. Lots of "average fans" contribute to UK NIL, because they realize something that many on this thread apparently do not. You don't have to give $1000. You don't even have to give $100 if that is too much. Nobody is asking you to starve your family. Unless you are disabled or bankrupt, there isn't a single poster who can't afford to give $25. It's the cost of an Uber ride or a couple of movie tickets. The size of the contribution does not represent the loyalty of the fan, and nobody with common sense suggests that. Some of us have more financial obligations and resources than others. It's about making the effort. Everyone should make the effort, even if it is $25.. All you have to do is contribute what you can afford. As we can see here, many people who jump up and comment on a thread like this one are the same people who already have a firm rationale to justify why they won't contribute. Many of the same people behave here as if the Universirty of Kentucky has an obligation to entertain them, but they do not see this as a two-way street. Those people should be embarrassed, but some people are hard to embarrass.
We have children starving and innocent people dying in foreign conflicts across the globe are you’re here trying to guilt people into donating their money to athletes who already have life made.

You need some perspective. You obviously haven’t had a very hard life. My donation money goes to my church and those in actual need. Not a bunch of spoiled athletes looking to milk hard working middle class and lower families for all they got.

It's odd you would take the time to be bothered and feel the need to reply to someone you don't believe. Most people would just ignore it.

However, whether you believe me or not isn't an issue for me, as it doesn't negate my point at all.

I am a pretty hard worker, so maybe. If people who are struggling would apply that mentality, they wouldn't be struggling. Pretty simple.
Oh you’re so full of s***. People here see thru your BS. Conman

• Haha
Reactions: StoopsIsPathetic

So you've made "most of" the money you'll ever need and "then some". So do you have all the money you'll ever need, or do you still need to make more?

I gave a one time 50 buck contribution. Plan on doing that once a year.
You wanna compete with Ga and Bama then pony up some money. I'm sure their fanbase is.
If you dont, then quit complaining about Stoops because we don't have the $$$ to buy the horses to compete.
Stoops coulda said it better but he is right.
Put up or shut up.

All I can do is laugh at this post. Stoops should also laugh from the balcony of his summer home. Bye Felicia.

All I can do is laugh at this post. Stoops should also laugh from the balcony of his summer home. Bye Felicia.
And you wonder why Bama, Ga, Tenn and other schools whip our ass every year with bigger, better players and QBs that can throw a football.
Bash a fellow UK fan for contributing 50 bucks for the same NIL that other schools are using to raise $$$ to entice the best players to go there.
Cheap azz fan livin in a cheap azz state whining about their cheap azz football program. Stoops is right.

So you've made "most of" the money you'll ever need and "then some". So do you have all the money you'll ever need, or do you still need to make more?
Yea, I'm pretty well set. It's always great to earn as much as possible. But, If I stopped earning money today, I would still be able to live comfortably for the rest of my life. Anyone willing to work hard and be smart with their money is able to be in the same situation.

Most Americans would rather complain and act as if they work hard instead of actually doing it. People in this country always want to blame someone else for why they struggle instead of looking in the mirror and blaming themselves.

You know you’re full of shit…go back to moms teat. Glad to see you keep posting to try and justify your con when you call people losers for posting on message boards. Clown
You seem very perturbed by my statements. So far, all you have done is attack me via ad hominems and you have yet to be able to attack the main point of my point, which is that people who work hard will get ahead. People who complain and whine won't.

Attack away! It just further proves my point.

I'd rather the whole system burns to the ground then to donate money to athletes who already get hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of education, tutoring, food, dorms, clothing, medical, exposure, coaching, stipends, travel, etc. Let's see what most would do with no college sports. They'd be stuck trying to play in minor league systems making very little compared to what college gives them now.

Yea, I'm pretty well set. It's always great to earn as much as possible. But, If I stopped earning money today, I would still be able to live comfortably for the rest of my life. Anyone willing to work hard and be smart with their money is able to be in the same situation.

Most Americans would rather complain and act as if they work hard instead of actually doing it. People in this country always want to blame someone else for why they struggle instead of looking in the mirror and blaming themselves.
I've been around awhile, and have yet to see or hear someone that has money brag about it.

Trump claims to have a lot more than he does. That was my point.
Well, do you know how much he has to actually know, or are you basing that off media reports? Regardless of whether he has as much as he says, do you agree he is still a rich man who says he is rich, or nah?

You seem very perturbed by my statements. So far, all you have done is attack me via ad hominems and you have yet to be able to attack the main point of my point, which is that people who work hard will get ahead. People who complain and whine won't.

Attack away! It just further proves my point.

You’re still posting? Guess you aren’t making money today conman

I don't and wont. Blue collar worker. Ponying up for tickets, parking, concessions etc is how I contribute. That should be more than enough. Let the boosters foot the big bills.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT