ADVERTISEMENT

DJ Wagner on tv now

Hard to get excited with the coach we have but I am excited for the players coming in regardless, I want more dogs unlike last couple seasons
This is how I feel. I'm cautious about getting too optimistic with how things have gone recently, but damn is it hard to get hyped about DJ. Dude is an absolute dog and I can see him willing us to wins at the end of games

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
You know what guys we haven't seen a shot like that in along time here. The way he drives left like that but not to the basket. All behind the arc.

Reactions: chroix
I'm still laughing at the commentary from Lebarrie during the game. When I watch these HS games, or any game I don't judge any one player/team off one outing. Everyone has bad games, and it's more about observing over time. That said, it was hilarious how Lebarrie made it seem like DJ was 1-20 from the field last night and not playing great, repeatedly would mention Isaiah Collier not playing (even brought up load management for a HS kid) in this game to highlight the event that obviously the NBAPA and FOX set up for tv. It took until the 4th Quarter for the PBP guy to mention Aaron Bradshaw wasn't playing.

Lebarrie being a former GA Tech player and obviously loyal to the Atlanta area, fully understand. But nobody is going to say/was saying Collier was ducking competition or not good. Felt like I was watchin a Duke game when they are losing in hearing excuses. It's HS basketball. Isaiah Collier is a great talent/player. Whatever reason he/Bradshaw didn't want to play (I didn't even see Aaron there last night as the kids they were promoting as Bradshaw were not him) it's up to them but DJ did play, should be complimented for doing so and I thought played damn well and delivered when it mattered--again, a game winning 3 pt shot and first thing out of Lebarrie's mouth was "Isaiah Collier didn't get the chance to respond". When adults do this, it's passive aggressive and so exhausting.

I'm still laughing at the commentary from Lebarrie during the game. When I watch these HS games, or any game I don't judge any one player/team off one outing. Everyone has bad games, and it's more about observing over time. That said, it was hilarious how Lebarrie made it seem like DJ was 1-20 from the field last night and not playing great, repeatedly would mention Isaiah Collier not playing (even brought up load management for a HS kid) in this game to highlight the event that obviously the NBAPA and FOX set up for tv. It took until the 4th Quarter for the PBP guy to mention Aaron Bradshaw wasn't playing.

Lebarrie being a former GA Tech player and obviously loyal to the Atlanta area, fully understand. But nobody is going to say/was saying Collier was ducking competition or not good. Felt like I was watchin a Duke game when they are losing in hearing excuses. It's HS basketball. Isaiah Collier is a great talent/player. Whatever reason he/Bradshaw didn't want to play (I didn't even see Aaron there last night as the kids they were promoting as Bradshaw were not him) it's up to them but DJ did play, should be complimented for doing so and I thought played damn well and delivered when it mattered--again, a game winning 3 pt shot and first thing out of Lebarrie's mouth was "Isaiah Collier didn't get the chance to respond". When adults do this, it's passive aggressive and so exhausting.
The commentators thinking one of those two kids on the bench was Aaron Bradshaw was hilarious and embarrassing.

The commentators thinking one of those two kids on the bench was Aaron Bradshaw was hilarious and embarrassing.
It's not like we care who wins these games either. The audience for an event like this just enjoys the sport and follows at all levels. But it's very embarrassing when the people they hire to commentate have no clue who the "marquee" players are, specifically in an era where their research just has to consist of pulling out their phone and going to YouTube.

DJ’s shooting still questionable as to how good it is. But for sure he can take his man off the bounce something Cats haven’t had in awhile. Wheeler could depending on matchup but no one else.

Cats could never force a switch that would give one of guys a favorite matchup for driving to the rim. Lack of quickness is a killer.

Dillingham is allegedly quick and hope that’s true

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT