ADVERTISEMENT

Wagner 2nd most FGA on team

Yep. Nail in the coffin was refs taking Reeves out of the game w early cheap fouls in both halves. Reeves played a mere 19min when he averages 30+. Wagner ended up w 29 min and Edwards 19 as a result.
That was good coaching by Buzz. Something Cal would never think to do.

Didn’t realize Antonio was in foul trouble. I guess cal sat him the entire first half?

Others have to be more aggressive . I don’t think he shot much in the second half .

As much as we complain about what’s wrong with the offense that isn’t the problem with this team . Us not getting a stop in the second half was the clear problem and when they did miss we allowed an offensive rebound or was called for a foul on the rebound.

They would have tagged him with a third in the first no question. Did you see the fouls they called on him?
He didn’t get his fifth foul until the game was over. Cal’s substitution choice effectively fouled him out with 4 fouls.

Others have to be more aggressive . I don’t think he shot much in the second half .

As much as we complain about what’s wrong with the offense that isn’t the problem with this team . Us not getting a stop in the second half was the clear problem and when they did miss we allowed an offensive rebound or was called for a foul on the rebound.
There was one possession in the second half where reed passed up the most wide open 3 I’ve ever seen (still ended up in a dilly make) but Jesus man, shoot that!!!

Yep. Nail in the coffin was refs taking Reeves out of the game w early cheap fouls in both halves. Reeves played a mere 19min when he averages 30+. Wagner ended up w 29 min and Edwards 19 as a result.
The refs didn’t do that. Cal did. He’s playing for Sunday while we’re down 10. Obvious by the clock Mitchell got, Wagner and benching reeves at a critical time.

Reactions: rob_47
There was one possession in the second half where reed passed up the most wide open 3 I’ve ever seen (still ended up in a dilly make) but Jesus man, shoot that!!!
Yep. Makes me so mad when he does that. It’s hurting the team! I have more confidence in a Reed 3 than I do several guys’ layups, mainly DJ.

Reactions: catzfanjim
Yeah it was the corner 3 . Luckily Rob made it but that does sum up Reed aggression wise . We need him to consistently have that killer mentality that you see from guys like Rob, Wade Taylor , and Radford .

You pretty much have to have that mentality in a Cal offense anyway because he isn’t going to really scheme you open .

Reactions: sdryan2
I’d rather Reed pass up 4 open 3s than have Wagner dribble all over the court without passing to anyone and then taking a terrible shot.

Yep. Makes me so mad when he does that. It’s hurting the team! I have more confidence in a Reed 3 than I do several guys’ layups, mainly DJ.

Yeah I saw that. He didn’t even look to shoot. Who knows what Cal is telling them at that point in the game tho. Feed Rob would be my guess.

That seems…interesting? Do we ever have any sort of game plan whatsoever? It seems like we just wing it in all aspects of the game.

Rob 9-19
DJ 3-9
Reeves 4-7
Reed 5-8
Justin 1-6

DREAMS
Reeves and Sheppard with 7 and 8 shots is a joke. At this point Rob, Reed, and Dilly should all have 15+ shots a game.

I rather have Reed shoot a mid court bomb than Wagner try a lay up
This, too. If all Reed did was pass on easy 3s and take mid court shorts, I’d rather have him in than watch Wagner dribble while I know 10 seconds in advance that he is the one taking the shot, and so do his defenders.

Wagner or Edwards shooting UK out of March has been my prediction since their pathetic game against Kansas.
Same here. And you can bet it’s going to happen. DJ missed the rim on a couple shots from a couple feet away lol. If it was any other team it would be hilarious

This game tonight should put to rest the debate about whether or not who starts matters.

When the coach is going to foul out the player with the lowest foul rate on the team who happens to be one of the 3 best players, it absolutely matters who starts the game.

We lost 4 minutes of opportunity at the start of each half to have Reed, Rob, and Reeves on the court together. That’s 8 minutes of the game we could have had the Big 3 on the court but didn’t due to dumb starting lineup choices and dumb 2 fouls and sit rule.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT