ADVERTISEMENT

Did the officials target Dilly??

CRZ4UK

Sophomore
Gold Member
Feb 16, 2021
The announcers made a comment that the crowd at Auburn was heckling Dilly. When he nailed a three in their eye the announcer said and now Dillingham giving it right back to the crowd. Then,,, tweet, tweet and tweet. Dilly’s on the bench for 3 phantom calls. Did they target him because he barked back at the crowd???

The announcers made a comment that the crowd at Auburn was heckling Dilly. When he nailed a three in their eye the announcer said and now Dillingham giving it right back to the crowd. Then,,, tweet, tweet and tweet. Dilly’s on the bench for 3 phantom calls. Did they target him because he barked back at the crowd???
It’s very possible

Good possibility. But he was playing pretty bad at times so it backfired.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I will have to go back and watch but I feel like all of Rob's fouls were the correct calls. I know his 4th on was for sure when he was setting the screen.

The only one I would question is the baseline jumper where the guy kicked his leg out. It's hard to complain about that when Rob has done the same thing and drew fouls multiple times this year too.

I dont know why anyone would think the refs purposely tried to call fouls on a guy talking trash to the crowd. There's no grand reffing conspiracy to target UK. The refs just suck at their jobs because basketball is a hard game to officiate.

Reactions: kdh1716
The only one I would question is the baseline jumper where the guy kicked his leg out. It's hard to complain about that when Rob has done the same thing and drew fouls multiple times this year too.
People (refs especially) need to understand the leg kick out is simple physics, it’s a counterbalance of your movement into the shot when catching and shooting off movement. What needs to be fixed is that in most instances it should just be a no call for incidental contact. If a dude is spotting up and kicks his leg out for intentional contact, then they should be assessed a flagrant for kicking the defender.

Reactions: Fox2monk and CGblue
Pretty sure the leg kick call was against Reed.

Perhaps the one you're referring to is where Dilly supposedly didn't give the three point shooter a place to land, and the shooter grazed him on the descent. Should have been a no-call, but refs are hungry to call that BS.

People (refs especially) need to understand the leg kick out is simple physics, it’s a counterbalance of your movement into the shot when catching and shooting off movement. What needs to be fixed is that in most instances it should just be a no call for incidental contact. If a dude is spotting up and kicks his leg out for intentional contact, then they should be assessed a flagrant for kicking the defender.
I agree that sometimes it is physics but sometimes it is guys who goes straight up but kicks a leg or throws an arm into the path of the defender to draw contact.

Reactions: TheJuddDome
Pretty sure the leg kick call was against Reed.

Perhaps the one you're referring to is where Dilly supposedly didn't give the three point shooter a place to land, and the shooter grazed him on the descent. Should have been a no-call, but refs are hungry to call that BS.
No it wasn't a 3 point shot that I am talking about. This was against Dillingham on the right side of the lane and it had to be for the contact on the leg kick because Rob didn't make any contact up top just hit the AU players leg as he passed by him. I think it was his 2nd or 3rd foul.

Dilly had built up a lot of maturity and discipline so far this year and got away a little from that the last game and reverted back some to letting things get to him and become self focused which allowed the crowd, refs etc get him out of his game. Got to stay disciplined and keep his mind on his team and the game.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Did SEC officials chose to make bad calls against a certain player or did SEC officials just make bad calls as usual?

What a conundrum

Rob needs Sertraline or something. It calms down the mind and nerves. I take it and it's been fabulous for work, superiors are noticing a change. It would calm down all the extra motion on his FT's and he'd not be so out of control with the ball. Everytime the camera pans to him, he looks like he saw a ghost.

Rob needs Sertraline or something. It calms down the mind and nerves. I take it and it's been fabulous for work, superiors are noticing a change. It would calm down all the extra motion on his FT's and he'd not be so out of control with the ball. Everytime the camera pans to him, he looks like he saw a ghost.
Maybe you are right, that is probably what makes Rob so frustrating at times. But....I think that is also what makes Rob so gloriously good at times.

Rob giveth, and Rob taketh away. Hopefully more of the first. Usually more of the first.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Did SEC officials chose to make bad calls against a certain player or did SEC officials just make bad calls as usual?

What a conundrum
There is no such thing as SEC officials. College basketball refs aren't employed be a conference and contract out to multiple conferences. A ref could do an SEC game on Saturday, a Big 10 game on Sunday, and a Big East game on Tuesday.

Rob did not give room for the guy to land on the foul called. He even kind of turned his leg toward the players landing spot. he deserved it. NOW, the foul on Reed was a BS call. Guy kicked his leg out in James Harden fashion. Harden is the biggest culprit of doing this. Dillingham was not as obvious as Harden is, but it was the correct call.

There is no such thing as SEC officials. College basketball refs aren't employed be a conference and contract out to multiple conferences. A ref could do an SEC game on Saturday, a Big 10 game on Sunday, and a Big East game on Tuesday.
Yep! Last night the always incompetent Pat Adams was calling the Houston/Iowa St game, the physicality was off the charts. Pat would call 75 fouls in an SEC game that was played that physical!

Reactions: Chief Paducah
After the game the Auburn students were saying crap to Dilly in the tunnel and he gave them the 1 finger salute and let them know who’s number 1.

I thought that officiating crew was being affected by the crowd the entire game. There were a couple calls there against Dillingham that were iffy. I think they were trying to get him out of the game. The 5th on Edwards that would have ended in a lay-up or dunk was definitely a bad call. That took 2 points away at a time when UK would have gone up by 18 (and the game would have been over with only 5:32 left). Instead it sent Auburn to the line. Down the stretch, the officials kept calling fouls on UK. I told my wife to get ready because the whistle was going to blow every time on our defensive end, and it nearly did. The refs did all they could to help Auburn, especially late in the 2nd half.

Sorry… skipped to the end.

I’m going to say that Dilly is out of position a lot on D and that leads to reaching and fouling more than the officials “picking’ on him.

On his fourth at Auburn, a guy pushed Dilly as he was making a cut and Dilly pushed him harder with both hands… the old second guy gets caught situation.

Reactions: westerncat
Sorry… skipped to the end.

I’m going to say that Dilly is out of position a lot on D and that leads to reaching and fouling more than the officials “picking’ on him.

On his fourth at Auburn, a guy pushed Dilly as he was making a cut and Dilly pushed him harder with both hands… the old second guy gets caught situation.
I think you're right Rockford. Dilly gets out of position. He also gets mad when shots don't fall and he reaches in. It's a bad habit. His problem is a lack of patience, from what I have seen. There were a couple iffy calls on him but there were also a couple where he just did dumb things. He does that with wild, forced passes at times as well. Some of that is just part of the wide open way he plays and you have to just grin and bear it, but he's had enough games and experience at this point that it's time to use better judgment. He can do it.

Reactions: Rockford
I thought that officiating crew was being affected by the crowd the entire game. There were a couple calls there against Dillingham that were iffy. I think they were trying to get him out of the game. The 5th on Edwards that would have ended in a lay-up or dunk was definitely a bad call. That took 2 points away at a time when UK would have gone up by 18 (and the game would have been over with only 5:32 left). Instead it sent Auburn to the line. Down the stretch, the officials kept calling fouls on UK. I told my wife to get ready because the whistle was going to blow every time on our defensive end, and it nearly did. The refs did all they could to help Auburn, especially late in the 2nd half.
Yep even Jay Bilas said that wasn't a foul on Edwards and the foul on Reed on the 3pt shot, when the shooter kicked his leg out was pathetic- have no idea how an official would call that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT