ADVERTISEMENT

Dickinson straight from his mouth …insinuates Oscar not returning

Oscar will make his decision based on Oscar. He already had 1 knee surgery. Today he said he would play whatever role he was given if he returned.

International money isn't terrible, and there is ZERO in Cal's background that would indicate he wouldn't do what is best for Oscar. Oscar owes us nothing. And 1 more year of income here is just 1 more year of income. The question is what would benefit Oscar long term.

We might not be the best ones to judge that.

Reactions: sk73 and Atrain7732
I don’t know, this guy actually has connections to Kentucky, he usually says stuff way before it comes out
This is that guy. Very polarizing figure back in the early 2000’s. Ran a website (True Blue Kentucky) and banned anybody that would disagree with him on their basketball forum. He and Matt Jones used to go back and forth with each other. He actually had one of the all time quotes when he wrongly predicted a player to pick UK. He said he was “wrong on purpose”.

70928-B2-F-9993-4-DB3-8033-BB6-FFD4-C90-B6.jpg

Last edited:
Oscar will make his decision based on Oscar. He already had 1 knee surgery. Today he said he would play whatever role he was given if he returned.

International money isn't terrible, and there is ZERO in Cal's background that would indicate he wouldn't do what is best for Oscar. Oscar owes us nothing. And 1 more year of income here is just 1 more year of income. The question is what would benefit Oscar long term.

We might not be the best ones to judge that.
I beg to differ about him owing us nothing. He is being paid 9 million a year to be the coach of the University of Kentucky . Not be the University of Oscar or any 9ther individual. The TEAM and the University should always come first. THAT IS WHAT HE OWES US.

My mistake I read your post after rereading g it I apologize, I thought your were referring to Cal on the owe statement. You are right Oscar doesn’t owe us anything

Reactions: KFuqua
Good post spot on. I'll roll with Hunter to if that's what we end up with dude can ball no taking that away from him.
hes got more moves than Oscar and can pull his man away from the basket,yes please.

Interesting that the people that want Oscar to leave because "we can't win with him" want Dickinson.........who didn't make the tournament last year.
Why are you crapping on FANS...who have ZERO say in whether or not a player stays or goes...instead of CAL, who is ACTUALLY pushing Oscar out the door? WT actual F is wrong with you? I swear some of you fake fans would support Cal if he sacrificed a puppy on instagram.

Reactions: KFuqua
You mean make up random bullshit that nobody actually said.

Too much to list that you’ve been wrong about. So I’ll list what you’ve been right about. I’ll get back to you on that.
That’s a lie. You say "too much to list", why don't you name 1, that’s all, just 1.

This is that guy. Very polarizing figure back in the early 2000’s. Ran a website (True Blue Kentucky) and banned anybody that would disagree with him on their basketball forum. He and Matt Jones used to go back and forth with each other. He actually had one of the all time quotes when he wrongly predicted a player to pick UK. He said he was “wrong on purpose”.

That’s who somebody on Twitter said it was, he likes to pop off and most times he is correct

This is all my opinion, so no need to bash or tell me I don’t have facts……I stipulate…

Cal has wanted Oscar to leave since season ended. Too many things said and done by each through the season show me that they weren’t on the same page. I personally don’t think either of them really wants to work with the other for another year. However, Oscar may not have a lot of choices outside of transferring if he doesn’t come back.

Cal can’t just flat out say he doesn’t want Oscar back. He instead says random shit to get this to O and his people. I’ll play two seven footers? He announced O putting his name in the draft? He obviously isn’t shy about flying to meet Hd? He obviously tells certain media to report that there is convo happening with HD? Surely he knew HD would be talking about “I’m not going to say what I know about Oscar because he is his own person, but I feel comfortable enough to visit knowing what I know so that’s news there.” Cal probably urging him to say just that.

This is Cals way of softening the blow. Just trying to get it out there. I’m guessing Oscar has already told Cal he don’t want to be back, or HD probably doesn’t even set a visit.

It is what it is. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter if I would like Oscar to return. What matters is what that relationship would be like if he did; how we would have to play; what type of issues would most likely to come up during the season……..probably best for Oscar to not be here.

So let’s roll with Hunter. If he wants to be here, let’s go with it. Not sure it’ll work much better than last two seasons, but probably not a great idea to run it back for #3 when it’s so so apparent that neither of them really want to be around each other.
Agree

That’s a lie. You say "too much to list", why don't you name 1, that’s all, just 1.
I’m trying. Can’t think of one where you have been right. You’ve been wrong so many times I can’t count. Whole classes of wrong. De-emphasizing defense. Wrong. Advocate jacking threes. Wrong. Thinking yih are better than the KY coaching staff. Wrong Pretty much every post you ever made. Wrong.

Hopefully all those that claim that Cal is coasting and needs to get off his ass, they should take note. He goes after the best of the best. Best freshmen coming in, and he flies to see the #1 guy in the portal.
Dude stop please…Hunter Dickinson is solid but he’s not elite on any level. He went after freaking savhir wheeler and devin askew I’m back to back classes for Pete sake

And regardless of any opinion of Cal coasting etc. his usual roster bs is alive and well again. We’ll not use two or more scholarships again and look at how undermanned we’ve been the past three years down the stretch

This is all my opinion, so no need to bash or tell me I don’t have facts……I stipulate…

Cal has wanted Oscar to leave since season ended. Too many things said and done by each through the season show me that they weren’t on the same page. I personally don’t think either of them really wants to work with the other for another year. However, Oscar may not have a lot of choices outside of transferring if he doesn’t come back.

Cal can’t just flat out say he doesn’t want Oscar back. He instead says random shit to get this to O and his people. I’ll play two seven footers? He announced O putting his name in the draft? He obviously isn’t shy about flying to meet Hd? He obviously tells certain media to report that there is convo happening with HD? Surely he knew HD would be talking about “I’m not going to say what I know about Oscar because he is his own person, but I feel comfortable enough to visit knowing what I know so that’s news there.” Cal probably urging him to say just that.

This is Cals way of softening the blow. Just trying to get it out there. I’m guessing Oscar has already told Cal he don’t want to be back, or HD probably doesn’t even set a visit.

It is what it is. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter if I would like Oscar to return. What matters is what that relationship would be like if he did; how we would have to play; what type of issues would most likely to come up during the season……..probably best for Oscar to not be here.

So let’s roll with Hunter. If he wants to be here, let’s go with it. Not sure it’ll work much better than last two seasons, but probably not a great idea to run it back for #3 when it’s so so apparent that neither of them really want to be around each other.
You may be right, but c'mon Oscar. Middling nobody at WVU to NPOY and AA under Cal. Cal absolutely built him up to be able to earn all that NIL money. I get Oscar, like us fans, might not agree w/ everything Cal does or says but it comes across really ungrateful after all the effusive praise he had for Cal last season.

I’m trying. Can’t think of one where you have been right. You’ve been wrong so many times I can’t count. Whole classes of wrong. De-emphasizing defense. Wrong. Advocate jacking threes. Wrong. Thinking yih are better than the KY coaching staff. Wrong Pretty much every post you ever made. Wrong.
Nobody said anything about jacking threes. 20 attempts a game, is not "jacking 3's". Taking long two's though… .yeah, how did that work out for us?

You don't understand how the game works, which makes sense, you actually think Calipari is doing a good job.

Nobody said anything about jacking threes. 20 attempts a game, is not "jacking 3's". Taking long two's though… .yeah, how did that work out for us?

You don't understand how the game works, which makes sense, you actually think Calipari is doing a good job.
LOL we’re talking college basketball, not PlayStation. How does that sub 20% 3 jacking work you? Not to worry, the defense often sucked so you got half your game plan.

I got no idea how PlayStation basketball works. You did get that part right. So, there is your 1.

LOL we’re talking college basketball, not PlayStation. How does that sub 20% 3 jacking work you? Not to worry, the defense often sucked so you got half your game plan.

I got no idea how PlayStation basketball works. You did get that part right. So, there is your 1.
What are you, 85 years old? How many times have you yelled at kids to get off your lawn?

You're still living in the 60's. Probably still sporting a 1982 Oldsmobile.

If it's true what Oscar got we could give him as much as anyone.
We could for sure, but him wanting money up front and having to bid for soembody doesn’t sound like soemthing kentujcy will do, Kentucky can still get him I hope they do, I just feel right now like it’s Kansas, then Kentucky & nova tied for second

Old Frosty Tips

Head coaches John Calipari and Bill Self will enter a bidding war for the star big man. A rumor surfaced from Chris Balas that the Jayhawks offered $4 million in NIL benefits for Dickinson to come to KU. Whether it is true or not remains to be seen, but it is a plausible price for the nation’s top player in the transfer portal.

The only thing left to do is to play the waiting game with Dickinson. Next year’s success relies substantially on his commitment to Kansas, as it will be difficult to score buckets without a go-to guy. Competing with schools like Maryland and Georgetown did not seem menacing, but Kentucky is a different animal when it comes to recruiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT