ADVERTISEMENT

DAN HURLEY

Excited if Dan Hurley were the next coach?

• Yes

Votes: 109 78.4%
  • No

Votes: 30 21.6%

• Total voters
Why would he leave UConn anytime soon? What your main argument for why. “It’s kentucky” isn’t a argument, that’s hoping somebody will believe in the past and come here
I don’t need any argument for why it’s possible he could come. Things are possible on Planet Earth.

Where did you get the “anytime soon” angle suddenly and what do you mean by it. That’s you already backpedaling from your original claim that he would never come at all. Certainly no one is going around saying it’s likely he would come after this year. I haven’t heard anyone saying it’s likely he would come at all. But everyone being adult enough to acknowledge there’s not a high chance he would come is completely different than a few of you claiming he would never come.

Your claim that it’s impossible suggests you have some emotional need to think you’re omniscient. You’re not omniscient. It’s a claim that will need a lot of strong logic behind it if you expect people to believe it and you haven’t provided any logic at all why Dan Hurley would never come to Kentucky.

Whether he would come this year after he just won the freaking title is kind of irrelevant to whether he would come at all. Who’s saying he would come this year? That would be crazy but that’s way different than saying he would never come at all, which is what you’re claiming for some reason.

You keep saying it’s annoying to hear people saying that maybe there might be some chance he would come eventually. It’s way more annoying to hear you and people like you claim he could never come. That’s just fantasy.

Huh? Sutton NEVER won a title anywhere.

Can’t believe two different people here seem to think he did.

LOL You are right! He was in the FF. In fairness to me, I've been sick all day and wasn't thinking clearly. Funny thing is that I definitely knew that too. Oh well, it won't be the last time I have a mental lapse. Thanks for the correction.

Reactions: UK90
If he hadn’t just won a national title maybe, but he proved he can win there, and he has a really good chance to win another. I don’t see him leaving uconn
There's a large percentage of coaches good and bad that wouldn't come here because of unrealistic expectations. Cal fell into our lap by perfect timing in 2009, but we have been turned down by several names.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Donavan, Wright, and Stevens will never happen. Pitino should never happen.

Hurley is by far the best option. If he says no, we will turn to one of: Drew, Oats, Beard, or Pearl (in that order).

You used to be a former player what are you hearing? You have to have some kind of in to the program.
Like me the guys I am still in touch with were there during the transition between Coach Rupp and Coach Hall. We are all in our 70s now (ugh). We are pretty much removed. The one and done NBA focus vs UK winning championships has angered many of us. I think when Joe B said you have a 10 year shelf life he was pretty much right. The era that Coach Rupp was in was an exception to that. I don’t see virtually any of the coaches most often mentioned as possibilities. A number of coaches are intimidated by the enormity of the program. It is so much more than Xs and Os. Some do not want to deal with all of the outside the lines that you deal with here. I know and the guys of my time feel that if your focus is on winning for UK, that the vast majority of all the outside the Xs and Os will be with you and it’s way more positive than not. Even though the transition between Coach Rupp and Hall was uncomfortable there was never any doubt that all were United to win for UK.

Reactions: G-PIP
Like me the guys I am still in touch with were there during the transition between Coach Rupp and Coach Hall. We are all in our 70s now (ugh). We are pretty much removed. The one and done NBA focus vs UK winning championships has angered many of us. I think when Joe B said you have a 10 year shelf life he was pretty much right. The era that Coach Rupp was in was an exception to that. I don’t see virtually any of the coaches most often mentioned as possibilities. A number of coaches are intimidated by the enormity of the program. It is so much more than Xs and Os. Some do not want to deal with all of the outside the lines that you deal with here. I know and the guys of my time feel that if your focus is on winning for UK, that the vast majority of all the outside the Xs and Os will be with you and it’s way more positive than not. Even though the transition between Coach Rupp and Hall was uncomfortable there was never any doubt that all were United to win for UK.
What are all the responsibilities they would have here that they don't have now? Honest question. If anyone thinks someone like Beard, Oats or Pearl would not only accept the position but crawl to Lexington is crazy

The best way to answer your statement is that you should spend a day or two in Oxford or Tuscaloosa or Auburn before a basketball game there and a day or two after a basketball game there. And I’m suggesting that you spend that time when their schools are playing somebody other than Kentucky. Hang out at the coffee shop at the restaurant read the newspapers, watch the television sports. Period. I’ll hang up and listen.

Reactions: G-PIP
I didn’t bother to read most of the responses in this thread.

But I read enough to see how naive our fanbase has become.

We are one step from being IUsedtobe 2.0.

I really hope I am wrong about this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT