ADVERTISEMENT

Dalton Knecht

IU is definitely being aggressive in the portal.

But Cal has to get this one IMO.

But IU can definitely offer a more "guaranteed" role. They can practically sell him on being the focal point of their entire offense and a guaranteed 35MPG guy for a Big Ten team.

We can't (and won't) offer either of those things.

But we can still offer a pretty incredible situation and a chance for him to be a key piece on a team that has some of the best talent in the country.
Playing time? Knecht would be a probable starter on day 1.

Playing time? Knecht would be a probable starter on day 1.

How would you break down the lineup?

You're probably right on being a starter, but someone will have to come off the bench and lose minutes for that (Dillingham, Reeves, Edwards, etc.). Don't think it's a guarantee and almost certainly would be fewer MPG here than IU.

Reactions: Fox2monk
because his past record indicates so, especially since 2015
he is as useless as a broken tree limb just hanging high enough that you can't reach & pull down
but you can keep on bowing down to him since he apparently is you hero
i guess you have missed seeing guys like Oscar, Toppin, Grady and all the other transfers Cal has brought in
please do not let your dislike of Cal make you look foolish

neither you or I know which players Cal has or has not contacted

Reactions: BBNinSC
Agree but bamba definitely isn’t happening, he is Villanova bound and knecht is trending that way unless Kentucky turns up the interest in the next couple of days
can always leave it to this over paid staff to be behind the 8 ball
will be so glad when this group is gone & the uk tradition can start rebuilding instead of falling further down the toliet each year

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
i guess you have missed seeing guys like Oscar, Toppin, Grady and all the other transfers Cal has brought in
please do not let your dislike of Cal make you look foolish

neither you or I know which players Cal has or has not contacted
and exactly what did these guys bring to uk other than Oscar
can't beat a top tier team, can't win the SEC or the tournament, can't get past the 1st weekend in
the ncaa tournament.

please don't let your love for ccc make you look foolish
he has ruined this program. If you can't see that, then I don't
know what to tell you

Those of you expecting Cal to put Dillingham and Bradshaw on the bench are probably still waiting for him to bench Livingston. LOL!
I just said in another thread, Dillingham is getting 30 minutes if he shows up on campus, book it. Bradshaw I could see foul trouble, etc. maybe 25 minutes a game.

Knecht is versatile. He can run pick n role and probably with work could defend 3 spots. His biggest issue is defense but that might be because of the team he was on. He’s really good. Like future NBA good.
this type of versatility is just what is needed
someone that can shoot or drive, but then of course
ccc still has to learn how to use basketball players instead of athletes

Those of you expecting Cal to put Dillingham and Bradshaw on the bench are probably still waiting for him to bench Livingston. LOL!
Yeah, really. And the thing that is so aggravating about that is that Livingston still apparently wants to transfer. Talk about no appreciation. Livingston’s only real value to this past team was as a backup PF to Toppin – a backup who could have worked his way into the starting PF, or at least played a lot of minutes there and some spot minutes at SF. Instead, solely for his benefit and to the detriment of the team, Calipari started him at SF all year. By the end UK needed Livingston to play there because they were about out of bodies. But until that time, the team (and Reeves specifically) was treated unfairly by Livingston being gifted a SF spot he did not deserve.

I don’t know if that aspect of it bothered you as much as it did me when the Livingston talk started being he would not come back to UK because he wasn’t showcased enough and he/his agency was not happy Livingston didn’t play 2G or something, but it pissed me off and I would think it should have Calipari as well.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yeah, really. And the thing that is so aggravating about that is that Livingston still apparently wants to transfer. Talk about no appreciation. Livingston’s only real value to this past team was as a backup PF to Toppin – a backup who could have worked his way into the starting PF, or at least played a lot of minutes there and some spot minutes at SF. Instead, solely for his benefit and to the detriment of the team, Calipari started him at SF all year. By the end UK needed Livingston to play there because they were about out of bodies. But until that time, the team (and Reeves specifically) was treated unfairly by Livingston being gifted a SF spot he did not deserve.

I don’t know if that aspect of it bothered you as much as it did me when the Livingston talk started being he would not come back to UK because he wasn’t showcased enough and he/his agency was not happy Livingston didn’t play 2G or something, but it pissed me off and I would think it should have Calipari as well.
Yeah it’s ridiculous a dude that got as much NIL and like 32MPG could be mad about his role, playing in a spot he’s not made for. The handlers thinking he’s a 2G is laughable. I want him back if he wants to play into the team concept and play the position he’s made for. If not, kick rocks I don’t want our team to falter because we have a 2G that can create or shoot. Not to mention getting torched on Defense for sure.

Reactions: G-PIP
Knecht is versatile. He can run pick n role and probably with work could defend 3 spots. His biggest issue is defense but that might be because of the team he was on. He’s really good. Like future NBA good.
I suspect that Knecht would be a better SF on UK's team next season than Edwards. However, since 5-star high school players are apparently the best players in the world, can't be expected to compete for their position, and have to play positions they are not real good at but someday hope to play in the NBA, then why couldn't UK play Knecht alongside Edwards (who is a really good incoming recruit by the way, don't want my frustration to suggest I think otherwise). Just tell everybody on the team they're a 2G and that legal action will be taken against any person that calls them anything else.

and exactly what did these guys bring to uk other than Oscar
can't beat a top tier team, can't win the SEC or the tournament, can't get past the 1st weekend in
the ncaa tournament.

please don't let your love for ccc make you look foolish
he has ruined this program. If you can't see that, then I don't
know what to tell you
they were good players to get from the portal
i am confident that you are smart enough to know that if any portal players are great they would be in the draft instead of looking for a new school

again do not let your dislike of Cal make you look foolish

they were good players to get from the portal
i am confident that you are smart enough to know that if any portal players are great they would be in the draft instead of looking for a new school

again do not let your dislike of Cal make you look foolish
Again your love of ccc is laughable
On past uk teams these guys might get mop up minutes but
Nor depended on to start and make uk a contender. That is why uk is now a laughing stock depending on guys like that. You act like these guys are as talented as Derek Anderson or Kyle Macy or even hesimu Evans. They aren't even close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT