ADVERTISEMENT

If I'm Mark...

NociHTTP

Senior
Mar 8, 2023
I talk to each kid ASAP, and if they don't state right then and there that they're staying at UK,I immediately start recruiting over them and pulling from the portal. Let the kids fight to get back in good graces with the program, don't let them hold the program hostage as Cal did every year. Like someone else here said, Cal is likely having the ones who are following him space out their portal announcements to cause as much damage to UK as possible.

I would agree with this, not because I care about the petty games that could be happening, but because he needs to hit the ground running. I would go all in for those who I wanted back and if they said no, I would say ok, I appreciate your honesty and begin recruiting to back fill and I would add, if you change your mind, let us know and we will see if we still have space for you. I 100% agree we let players hold us hostage in the past and we shouldn't do that moving forward. I am not saying turn your backs to anyone who explores options, but I am saying hedge your bets and be ready.

Reactions: NociHTTP
We have what Reed and Burks? From last year, I’m sure he assumes all the recruits are gone so I don’t think there is any worry of recruiting over anybody. He just needs to hit the portal starting now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT