ADVERTISEMENT

Dalton Knecht

Tampa_cat54

Senior
Apr 22, 2011
Jack Pilgrim said this is the only kid so far that Kentucky has gone deep into the pitch with and actually talked in-depth about role, etc.

He also said Knecht is not in a rush to make a decision which plays into our favor.

This is the kid I absolutely want more than anyone else in the portal. The kid is a killer and a perfect fit for what we need.

Anyone heard anything else about this kid and his interest in Kentucky lately?

Jack Pilgrim said this is the only kid so far that Kentucky has gone deep into the pitch with and actually talked in-depth about role, etc.

He also said Knecht is not in a rush to make a decision which plays into our favor.

This is the kid I absolutely want more than anyone else in the portal. The kid is a killer and a perfect fit for what we need.

Anyone heard anything else about this kid and his interest in Kentucky lately?

100% agreed. He would be a fantastic addition.

alot of schools all over this guy.... UNC says he is there starting 3 next year. Texas.. ucla...Indiana.... I love the kids game. Looks like he loves to rebound.

alot of schools all over this guy.... UNC says he is there starting 3 next year. Texas.. ucla...Indiana.... I love the kids game. Looks like he loves to rebound.

This is the kind of kid that we should go 4-out with.

He got close to 8 RPG.

Wagner
Reeves
Edwards
Knecht
Bradshaw

Dillingham
Portal Transfer PF
Portal Transfer C
Ware
Thiero

That is a roster that wins the national title going away IMO.

He got close to 8 RPG.

Wagner
Reeves
Edwards
Knecht
Bradshaw

Dillingham
Portal Transfer PF
Portal Transfer C
Ware
Thiero

Allow me to dream just for a brief moment:

C - Oscar
F - Edwards
G - Knecht
G - Reeves
G - Wagner

Yeah, we'd give up some points, but we'd outscore almost everyone.

Allow me to dream just for a brief moment:

C - Oscar
F - Edwards
G - Knecht
G - Reeves
G - Wagner

Yeah, we'd give up some points, but we'd outscore almost everyone.

Bring Bradshaw and Dillingham off the bench for the best 7 man rotation that we've seen since 2015.

Shore it up with 1 more portal guy, we'd have Lance Ware, Sheppard and Thiero for extra insurance.

Cal just has to get the damn thing done. Pull out some magic, one last time.

Bring Bradshaw and Dillingham off the bench for the best 7 man rotation that we've seen since 2015.

Shore it up with 1 more portal guy, we'd have Lance Ware, Sheppard and Thiero for extra insurance.

For a guy who might be on his last leg, Cal is approaching the portal with a very ho-hum vibe.

He is to me what Grady was last year, he would be huge get. He is the one player I hope we get the most.
Know my friend is very high on Knecht as well and from what he's said, the UK staff shares everyone's take. Friend suggests to go get him/others and those who are undecided on their future with UK get some of the decisions made for them.

Know my friend is very high on Knecht as well and from what he's said, the UK staff shares everyone's take. Friend suggests to go get him/others and those who are undecided on their future with UK get some of the decisions made for them.

This is 1,000% the approach to take.

Livingston simply is not good enough to let him hold us hostage with a 6-8 week decision process.

The same could be said about Collins obviously.

Reeves is good enough and such a great fit that we can afford to wait it out for him.

But you go get a guy like Knecht, or Kel'el Ware, and make the others' sh*t or get off the pot.

Where’s 5* Reed Shepard gonna be?

Yep I should have included him, my mistake.

He would be the 6th perimeter guy, Thiero would make 7 perimeter pieces, all of whom are good enough to see time.

Then you fill the other spots with Bradshaw, Lance Ware, and maybe Oscar or Ke'lel Ware or a different transfer big altogether and call it a day.

UNC has told about 5 guys they are the starting 3 next year. Hubert flaps his gums as much as he did when he was at ESPN.
yeah i know.. but i think there is a lot of competition for Dalton. maybe he will share minutes with Edwards and Collins at the 3-4 position? A girl can hope can't she?

Knecht is more of a 3/2.

No way Cal would play him at the 4.

We need to play position-less basketball.

4 guards, switch everything 1-4, gang rebound, space the floor, etc.

Play 20 MPG with 4 guards, the other 20 MPG you play a true big in the 4 spot, and be able to effectively play both brands of basketball in March.

Play 20 MPG with 4 guards, the other 20 MPG you play a true big in the 4 spot, and be able to effectively play both brands of basketball in March.
Makes sense BUT there is an obstacle to doing it

This is 1,000% the approach to take.

Livingston simply is not good enough to let him hold us hostage with a 6-8 week decision process.

The same could be said about Collins obviously.

Reeves is good enough and such a great fit that we can afford to wait it out for him.

But you go get a guy like Knecht, or Kel'el Ware, and make the others' sh*t or get off the pot.
Exactly. Some of these kids think the grass is always greener. I'm biased but give me a place on the UK rotation with guaranteed 6 figure NIL and a huge stage to showcase my game.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
according to ccc, it is impossible that the ignorant UK fans know talent when they see it
the entire staff is too brilliant to agree with anything the fans say
This kid, Ware and another shooter are badly needed for UK to have any chance at success

thought that is what ccc professed to play....positionless basketball or is it just pointless basketball that he plays

He got close to 8 RPG.

Wagner
Reeves
Edwards
Knecht
Bradshaw

Dillingham
Portal Transfer PF
Portal Transfer C
Ware
Thiero

Rebounding stats at a low-major can be quite misleading, more than any other stat. At UK (or any P5 school) even in 30mpg, he would probably max out at about 5-6/gm. He's not a PF/4, at least for extended minutes. He's a 3, that can play some 2, and in a pinch some 4.

Reactions: Catzman
Rebounding stats at a low-major can be quite misleading, more than any other stat. At UK (or any P5 school) even in 30mpg, he would probably max out at about 5-6/gm. He's not a PF/4, at least for extended minutes. He's a 3, that can play some 2, and in a pinch some 4.

Plenty of teams have tons of success rebounding playing 4 guards.

And I heard the same thing on here last year about Baylor Schierman averaging 7.8 RPG coming from South Dakota.

That dude averaged 8.3 RPG this year in the Big East.

And were a foul call away from the Final Four.

And we probably wouldn't need him to get 8 RPG here, just contribute and gang rebound as a team.

We need to be able to move past the idea of a traditional PF.

Sure, still have one on the roster, but feeling uncomfortable rolling out a pair of 6'6 and 6'7 super athletic guys to go with a 7'1 big man and being afraid we can't rebound enough?

A lot it still to develop but that doesn't scare me one bit, the versatility alone would make up for any lack of rebounding we'd see.

Sadly it will probably be a P5 school that guarantees him starting and 32mpg.
Saying you can compete for time across 2-3 positions with Edwards (at the 3), Bradshaw (at the 4), Dillingham (at the 2) and Reeves (at the 2 & 3), is a tough way to win a transfer.

To me, it can just be a math problem.

We have 160 MPG to offer at 4 perimeter spots.

Wagner- 32
Edwards- 34
Dillingham- 32
Reeves- 32

= 130 MPG

That leaves 30 MPG for someone to fill in.

Guys like Reed and Thiero fill in for foul trouble and injuries.

But I do get what you're saying.

But man, if we played 40 MPG with a combination of those 5 dudes, we are scoring a bunch of points and winning a bunch of ball games.

Could even Cal not screw that up?

Color me hopeful....but man I've been burned soooo many times with him.

Knecht is more of a 3/2.

No way Cal would play him at the 4.
Knecht will be a better offensive SF next season than a freshman Edwards. He has the shot, he has handles, he has mature strength, he has bounce, he will drive into traffic and dunk on you, etc. But I don't think he and Edwards are mutually exclusive to a UK starting lineup. Knecht and Edwards could be a good forward tandem. I believe that Edwards would work better at the 4, for both offensive and defensive purposes. But the point, I believe, is that together Knecht and Edwards can rebound the forward spots well enough or better, and defend ok - especially in a team defense concept (which UK employs even though in man-to-man). Edwards length at a legit 6'7" allows him to defend most college PFs, and Knecht is a pretty solidly built legit 6'6". And the offense would have a chance to be very good from the forward spots.

Sadly it will probably be a P5 school that guarantees him starting and 32mpg.
Saying you can compete for time across 2-3 positions with Edwards (at the 3), Bradshaw (at the 4), Dillingham (at the 2) and Reeves (at the 2 & 3), is a tough way to win a transfer.
That the issue for sure, to me a small lineup of Wagner reeves Edwards knecht & bradshaw or whoever the big would be lethal offensively. Who knows maybe Kentucky still gets him but right now they aren’t in a great spot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT