ADVERTISEMENT

Advertisements for Portal Shooters...

MdWIldcat55

All-American
Dec 9, 2007
There are always a couple top shooters and overall scorers in the Portal -- think Knecht last year.

How can any offensive star watch Kentucky's game tapes and possibly go anywhere else? Style yourself like Dilly, or Reed or Edwards or Reeves? Here are three games to watch closely.

Throw in the #2 recruiting class and whoever comes back...Man the future is bright.

I don’t think Cal has plans on hitting the portal much this off-season. Everyone is so enamored with Knecht, but Kentucky made it so he had to do everything. I don’t remember Knecht doing much of anything for them on defense. It’s gonna be annoying hearing that “we gotta get a Knecht” as soon as the off season starts. As if those players are just chilling in low majors. I hope Cal can bring in an impact transfer, but I’d prefer to get Reed, DJ, Bradshaw, and Thiero back. Those 4 as the main characters and the solid freshman class supporting them and coming along throughout the season would be fun to watch.

I don’t think Cal has plans on hitting the portal much this off-season. Everyone is so enamored with Knecht, but Kentucky made it so he had to do everything. I don’t remember Knecht doing much of anything for them on defense. It’s gonna be annoying hearing that “we gotta get a Knecht” as soon as the off season starts. As if those players are just chilling in low majors. I hope Cal can bring in an impact transfer, but I’d prefer to get Reed, DJ, Bradshaw, and Thiero back. Those 4 as the main characters and the solid freshman class supporting them and coming along throughout the season would be fun to watch.
If they don’t add any shooting from the portal next years teams will be like Virginia(offensive wise)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
I'd LOVE for that to happen but unfortunately I fear Theiro is the only one with a greater than 50% chance at returning

Double team Reed and let the rest of them fire away but never can tell that did not stop Knect

There will be plenty of good players in the portal if you can get good ones, get them. The difference in the two Duke-Carolina games this year were two portal players. Ingram in game one and Craig’s list Dunleavy (Cormac Ryan) in game two.

I don’t hear much talk about travis perry. i’ve never seen him play but he’s obviously a hell of a shooter.

How about getting another Reeves?

Reactions: CatPatrick13
I’ve never seen him either but I’m told he shoots better than Reed. That’s kinda hard to believe but he must shoot pretty damn well for anybody to think that.
Reed is shooting 53% from 3pt land...many of which are off dribble and pick action.....there might not be a better shooter for the volume and variety of shots he takes in college every. Perry isn't giong to be to be that close to as good as Shep from deep.

Reactions: gojvc
There will be plenty of good players in the portal if you can get good ones, get them. The difference in the two Duke-Carolina games this year were two portal players. Ingram in game one and Craig’s list Dunleavy (Cormac Ryan) in game two.
Cormac picked the wrong sport. With that country club of a name he was born for tennis.

• Haha
Reactions: Neue Regel

Like 75% of the all-american's are gonna be portal dudes. You don't have to be Knecht to have an impact. Embrace the shit, Cal. Get your 5 stars, and then get your portal kids. Hell, our most consistent player is a portal dude.

The freshman that leads the SEC in points would be a welcome addition. Cal would never do that to HIS freshman tho. Can’t steal their heart. That guy will be back. At Kentucky. He Gone.

Reactions: bnewt
Like 75% of the all-american's are gonna be portal dudes. You don't have to be Knecht to have an impact. Embrace the shit, Cal. Get your 5 stars, and then get your portal kids. Hell, our most consistent player is a portal dude.
Easier said than done. Top portal players aren't going to blue bloods to be role players.
We got lucky with Reeves because he wasn't considered one of the top portal guards two years ago.
If Reed returns, there won't be any portal additions with Knox also on the way.

I'd LOVE for that to happen but unfortunately I fear Theiro is the only one with a greater than 50% chance at returning
I get what you are saying. But lets say there are 5 guys you have with a 40% (so <50%) chance of returning. While any particular individual (of those 5) is unlikely to return (in your assumed odds), the expected number to return (using your assumed odds) is 2 of those 5 players.

Personally I go 90% Theiro, 65% Reed, 45% Bradshaw, DJ 25%. Based on my assumptions, I predict 2.25 of those 4 return. I also think Burks returns, and he and Theiro will be a good pair of Forwards for us. I think 1 of Bradshaw, Ugo, Z returns. Hart returns, and may contribute too.

I get what you are saying. But lets say there are 5 guys you have with a 40% (so <50%) chance of returning. While any particular individual (of those 5) is unlikely to return (in your assumed odds), the expected number to return (using your assumed odds) is 2 of those 5 players.

Personally I go 90% Theiro, 65% Reed, 45% Bradshaw, DJ 25%. Based on my assumptions, I predict 2.25 of those 4 return. I also think Burks returns, and he and Theiro will be a good pair of Forwards for us. I think 1 of Bradshaw, Ugo, Z returns. Hart returns, and may contribute too.
I'd be thrilled if Burks returns too. Think he has loads of potential and has had a great attitude all year it seems.

We don’t need a Knecht, but I would damn sure like to find another Reeves.

Although it's probably too much to hope for, I would love to see Thiero, Burks and Hart return, plus one the three 7' footers and one of the three Guards (maybe not super realistic). That would leave room for a couple of top transfers - a 2G for sure.

There are always a couple top shooters and overall scorers in the Portal -- think Knecht last year.

How can any offensive star watch Kentucky's game tapes and possibly go anywhere else? Style yourself like Dilly, or Reed or Edwards or Reeves? Here are three games to watch closely.

Throw in the #2 recruiting class and whoever comes back...Man the future is bright.
I still think we have a shot at Tucker DeVries. Yes I know he plays for his father at Drake. I still hold firm he us a potential transfer portal player this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT