ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich Tweet

Not if UofL wins their counter-complaint against Pitino. They have argued that Pitino should indemnify them for any fines related to the Katina Powell scandal.
I can't see them winning that at all. They knowingly left the man employed after his first 2 scandals, and only fired him once he did something bad enough to draw the FBI's attention. And they even tried to see if they could figure out a way to keep him as their coach after all that. Any judge with a brain cell is going to laugh UL out of the place. They are just at culpable in all this, if not more so, since they knowingly kept the man employed after the first 2 and seriously considered it after the 3rd.

Kind of goes along the saying "screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me." He screwed them a 3rd time. As much as I despise the guy this is just as much on them as it is him.

Reactions: KYCAT78
Louisville just showed the world how not to handle a major scandal in your basketball program. They did every thing wrong and now apparently they are going to pay big time. Let this be a lesson for those programs not named UNC or Duke. These two programs have proven they are immune to penalties but the rest better beware. The NCAA will squash you. UL you really screwed this up.

Louisville just showed the world how not to handle a major scandal in your basketball program. They did every thing wrong and now apparently they are going to pay big time. Let this be a lesson for those programs not named UNC or Duke. These two programs have proven they are immune to penalties but the rest better beware. The NCAA will squash you. UL you really screwed this up.
If they had cleaned house immediately, I think they may have kept their banners.

You're exactly right, they took the exact wrong approach and presented the easiest of targets for the NCAA to demolish while allowing their "favored children" (aka UNCheat***) to skate away scot free.

Tards ain't NOBODY'S "favorite child"... more like a red-headed stepchild you WHOOP ( :chairshot::weary: ) the ish out of. :joy:

I think it's awesome. Makes you wonder how it took the NCAA 10 years to ignore the UNC scandal and ultimately do nothing but wrap this investigation up in 2 years and drop the hammer however. What a joke.

They could easily raise the $15 million by hosting a huge banner-burning event. They could charge $$$ for tickets to watch them take the banners down, then burn them. Charge for concessions and t-shirts, etc... Have a Pitino look-alike MC the event. Add in a few squirting dancers, etc... Money problem solved.

If they had cleaned house immediately, I think they may have kept their banners.

You're exactly right, they took the exact wrong approach and presented the easiest of targets for the NCAA to demolish while allowing their "favored children" (aka UNCheat***) to skate away scot free.

Tards ain't NOBODY'S "favorite child"... more like a red-headed stepchild you WHOOP ( :chairshot::weary: ) the ish out of. :joy:
They could not keep their banners because they played ineligible players. No way you can get around that phase of the penalty.

My opinion: The banner isn't coming down....at least not anytime soon. They'll get a judge to grant an injunction and this will be fought in court for years to come. While the NCAA may "vacate" the title in the books, nothing happens at Yum Center or UofL until all the legal wrangling is finished. I imagine this drags on for years. Vacating a title is unprecedented territory for the NCAA, correct? This isn't going to be an easy fight.

Basically, what Pitino did was call the judge and jury stupid with the penalties handed down. He was critical of the appeals process the entire time. All the while, he was offering $100,000 for players. He may be the dumbest human in all of history.

Basically, what Pitino did was call the judge and jury stupid with the penalties handed down. He was critical of the appeals process the entire time. All the while, he was offering $100,000 for players. He may be the dumbest human in all of history.
I dunno. The one that hired him was pretty damn dumb too.

My opinion: The banner isn't coming down....at least not anytime soon. They'll get a judge to grant an injunction and this will be fought in court for years to come. While the NCAA may "vacate" the title in the books, nothing happens at Yum Center or UofL until all the legal wrangling is finished. I imagine this drags on for years. Vacating a title is unprecedented territory for the NCAA, correct? This isn't going to be an easy fight.

Fine. Let them leave up a worthless banner. It still means nothing. That actually makes it even funnier.

Vacating a title is unprecedented territory for the NCAA, correct?

No. It just hasn't been done in Division 1 men's basketball. It's been done in women's division 3 basketball just a couple years ago, and in several other sports. ESPN lists from 1971-2007: men's soccer (2x), men's lacrosse, softball, men's volleyball (2x), men's track and field (3x), and the BSC title USC forfeited.

All that's going to do is cost UL more millions and drag UL deeper into the mud. That's a stupid move.

Ridiculous. It is coming down. The NCAA has one card they can play. That is they simple not allow other teams to play UL. People always say that UK got the Death Penalty in 53. That is not true. The NCAA simply instructed all the teams on our schedule not to play us. Same results but its a weapon. It is coming down and they will pay the $15 million.

You also want Cal fired, right?

This new UL administration absolutely will not sue the NCAA. They're desperate to salvage what little of UL's reputation remains.

The thing that bothers me the most is you have Bowen sitting on the end of the South Carolina bench thinking is going to play soon. No way will the NCAA let Bowen play in the NCAA. There has been other players banned from playing in the NCAA that wasn't nearly as bad as Bowen. Just like Kanter's case at UK and his family was willing to pay back the money. Bowen feels like he will playing soon at USC and I just don't see that happening at all. His dad should have never taken the 100,000 and I hope the NCAA never let's him play at USC.

I can't see them winning that at all. They knowingly left the man employed after his first 2 scandals, and only fired him once he did something bad enough to draw the FBI's attention. And they even tried to see if they could figure out a way to keep him as their coach after all that. Any judge with a brain cell is going to laugh UL out of the place. They are just at culpable in all this, if not more so, since they knowingly kept the man employed after the first 2 and seriously considered it after the 3rd.

Kind of goes along the saying "screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me." He screwed them a 3rd time. As much as I despise the guy this is just as much on them as it is him.
The NCAA set a precedent with the Cam Newton case. If they can't prove Bowen new they pretty much have to let him play. That was the issue with Newton. NCAA could never actually prove he knew anything, just his father. From what we know, NCAA has never actually provided any evidence that Bowen knew anything.

Reactions: AlbanyWildCat
At this point nothing they do would surprise me. You'd think after getting caught red handed running a dormitory brothel, they would have taken their punishment as quietly as possible, but noooooooo. They not only flip the NCAA the "bird", they do it while funneling $100k to a recruit on an FBI tape. There's really no end to the stupid coming out of UL.

"Louisville basketball fans brace yourself...it's coming very very soon...NCAA"

How the hell would he know?
Nice Avatar how's the kitty ?
Here you go-
giphy.gif
Flagrant 1

Reactions: RipThru
The NCAA set a precedent with the Cam Newton case. If they can't prove Bowen new they pretty much have to let him play. That was the issue with Newton. NCAA could never actually prove he new anything, just his father. From what we know, NCAA has never actually provided any evidence that Bowen new anything.
I thought they changed the rule after the Cam Newton case? Bowen doesn’t have to know.

IYHO, what grounds would UL fight the NCAA on?

The NCAA set a precedent with the Cam Newton case. If they can't prove Bowen new they pretty much have to let him play. That was the issue with Newton. NCAA could never actually prove he knew anything, just his father. From what we know, NCAA has never actually provided any evidence that Bowen knew anything.

you need to keep current
that loophole was closed right after the Cam Newton case

Reactions: Cindog28
I thought they changed the rule after the Cam Newton case? Bowen doesn’t have to know.
I think it's just suspension for a long period of games or maybe a season now. Not 100% on that. I don't think USC and others would have taken him or considered it if they didn't think they would get him eligible. He also could have gone overseas and gotten paid a decent amount now and go to the draft this year or near future. Why give that up if you don't have some indication you can probably get eligible?

I'm fairly certain the NCAA already closed that loophole.

Reactions: Chase4UK
And you would be completely wrong. UL has other new allegations involving a player getting $100,000 that could get them the death penalty. They aren’t going to give the NCAA the middle finger as the NCAA is conducting the new investigation.

Louisville has no recourse at the moment except to just bend over and take it. They're fuhked.

There are no concrete precedents with the ncaa. They are allowed to dispose of what they deem as justice and there is nothing anyone can do about it . Except the Ol' Roy fan club and the friends of the rat faced .

I'm fairly certain the NCAA already closed that loophole.
They may have. But I do know some players have been ruled eligible since after knowingly getting impermissible benefits. Obviously they weren't in the sums of Bowen, but I can't see schools recruiting and willing to sign him if they didn't think they could get him eligible. I don't think he would go through the process of transferring and give up getting paid well to go overseas for a year or two if he didn't think it would work out. We shall see.

If Dakich is lying, he should lose his job. Period.
Dakich made no claim.
He read verbatim a text sent to him by someone he trusts which said - From someone inside the room, UofL loses appeal. He also made it clear that he could not confirm if it was true.
To me, he's just stating the obvious...

Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
Just checked the Louisville board, someone there says Forde has been saying for 10 days the banners will stay. I doubt that - doubt that the appeal is successful, and really doubt Forde is talking if he in fact heard something.....

At this point nothing they do would surprise me. You'd think after getting caught red handed running a dormitory brothel, they would have taken their punishment as quietly as possible, but noooooooo. They not only flip the NCAA the "bird", they do it while funneling $100k to a recruit on an FBI tape. There's really no end to the stupid coming out of UL.
Hoes 1st, Paying recruits 4ever

Reactions: Ugoff
I think the "tell" here was the timing of the counter suit against Pitino. It was dropped the same day Postel met with the NCAA in Atlanta.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT