ADVERTISEMENT

Dakich Tweet

N
The NCAA set a precedent with the Cam Newton case. If they can't prove Bowen new they pretty much have to let him play. That was the issue with Newton. NCAA could never actually prove he knew anything, just his father. From what we know, NCAA has never actually provided any evidence that Bowen knew anything.
I believed the NCAA changed their rule as a result of the Cam Newton case.

My opinion: The banner isn't coming down....at least not anytime soon. They'll get a judge to grant an injunction and this will be fought in court for years to come. While the NCAA may "vacate" the title in the books, nothing happens at Yum Center or UofL until all the legal wrangling is finished. I imagine this drags on for years. Vacating a title is unprecedented territory for the NCAA, correct? This isn't going to be an easy fight.
Nonsense.

On the off chance any of the UofL admins had any hairbrained ideas of suing the NCAA over losing their title.... those plans changed as soon as the FBI scandal broke. If UofL becomes any more antagonistic or non-compliant with the NCAA they could get the actual death penalty with the Brian Bowen scandal and the "we are currently on probation so we need to be secretive in getting money to Balsa Koprivica" conversation.

UofL has no option to take this to court (not that court was much of an option for them in the first place. Take a look at the Mohammed Lasege decision) without severe blowback on their most recent scandal (the FBI deal is their most recent scandal, right? I didn't miss any new ones in the past few days did I?).

Matt Jones said that the rumors around Louisville is that the NCAA news will break this week. While he said he didn't have first-hand information, he did say that people think the NCAA decision will drop this week.

I'm just ready for the banners to come down so we can get on to the next UL scandal/punishment. [cheers]
Matt Jones. I stooped reading at that point.

My opinion: The banner isn't coming down....at least not anytime soon. They'll get a judge to grant an injunction and this will be fought in court for years to come. While the NCAA may "vacate" the title in the books, nothing happens at Yum Center or UofL until all the legal wrangling is finished. I imagine this drags on for years. Vacating a title is unprecedented territory for the NCAA, correct? This isn't going to be an easy fight.

Better that way...a cum stained rag in celebration for a non existent championship. [laughing]

oops.jpg

http://www.wdrb.com/story/37339950/...-that-ncaa-appeal-has-been-denied-speculation

The NCAA Infraction Appeals Committee has not officially released its decision on whether the U of L will lose its 2013 men’s basketball championship and have to vacate more than 100 victories from 2010 to 2014. Dakich said that Louisville's financial penalty will be $15 million, which is considerably more than most earlier estimates of $4-to-$6 million. The decision is expected to be released any day.

On his afternoon radio show Tuesday, former U of L star Jerry Eaves shared his thoughts with listeners.

"Most of the time, the NCAA does not make major changes to the appeals," Eaves said.

NCAA:
tenor.gif

[laughing]
Even if Dakick is trolling UofL, then this "news" STILL made my day.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Regardless of what you think of Dakich, I doubt he comes out this strong, unless he has a VERY credible source. My guess is UL got the notice today, or will tomorrow. And it will be released late Thursday or Friday.

Playing players with impermissible benefits is a pretty clear rule violation for the NCAA. And add to the fact, it was hookers. I just cannot see the NCAA letting that slide. Pretty hard for them to undo that.

I think the banner stays down, they forfeit all those wins, and pay back the TV money.

Then onto the Bowen investigation.

All precedence for any case where a school has sued the NCAA has shown that since they are a voluntary member of a private institution that they have inherently agreed to the rules which the uncaa has in place.

As far as I know anyway. I think Tark won a private lawsuit.

Reactions: Bluest Member
I work across the street from the chum bucket and I'll keep my eyes on it. If/when it happens I'll post.

LGE employee? lol

I wonder how many UK fans will be there taping the removal of the big sign in the window? If they start it unannounced, be sure to tape it.

In fact, if I were you I'd setup a webcam and start live streaming cause I'm sure they'll try to do it in the middle of the night!! :popcorn:

Reactions: Cindog28
All precedence for any case where a school has sued the NCAA has shown that since they are a voluntary member of a private institution that they have inherently agreed to the rules which the uncaa has in place.

As far as I know anyway. I think Tark won a private lawsuit.

I think the Tark lawsuit involved the fact that the NCAA ordered UNLV to fire Tark at the time. The courts ruled that the NCAA did not have the authority to order any college to fire an employee.

I had to sneak over to the UL boards to see what they think. About 40% seem to have resigned themselves that the appeal is not happening, for a 10,000 different reasons. (everyone hates UL, blah blah blah). The others are talking about something Forde been reporting, that the banner is not coming down. Just a crazy cesspool over there.

Nonsense.

On the off chance any of the UofL admins had any hairbrained ideas of suing the NCAA over losing their title.... those plans changed as soon as the FBI scandal broke. If UofL becomes any more antagonistic or non-compliant with the NCAA they could get the actual death penalty with the Brian Bowen scandal and the "we are currently on probation so we need to be secretive in getting money to Balsa Koprivica" conversation.

UofL has no option to take this to court (not that court was much of an option for them in the first place. Take a look at the Mohammed Lasege decision) without severe blowback on their most recent scandal (the FBI deal is their most recent scandal, right? I didn't miss any new ones in the past few days did I?).
Sue the NCAA? On what basis do they have a claim? Sue the NCAA. Ridiculous.

Reactions: Bluest Member
Regardless of what you think of Dakich, I doubt he comes out this strong, unless he has a VERY credible source. My guess is UL got the notice today, or will tomorrow. And it will be released late Thursday or Friday.

Playing players with impermissible benefits is a pretty clear rule violation for the NCAA. And add to the fact, it was hookers. I just cannot see the NCAA letting that slide. Pretty hard for them to undo that.

I think the banner stays down, they forfeit all those wins, and pay back the TV money.

Then onto the Bowen investigation.

Far be it from uofl to mislead or lie about anything.

Though, with their track record, it really would be a small white lie in comparison.

Reactions: Cindog28
Sue the NCAA? On what basis do they have a claim? Sue the NCAA. Ridiculous.

This, according to KozmasAgain on the birdbrain board:

Like I said before sue the NCAA and use UNC as our scapegoat. How can they get out of trouble and other schools can't? Oh that's right Mark Emmert the NCAA President is a graduate of UNC.

:flushed:

This, according to KozmasAgain on the birdbrain board:

Like I said before sue the NCAA and use UNC as our scapegoat. How can they get out of trouble and other schools can't? Oh that's right Mark Emmert the NCAA President is a graduate of UNC.

:flushed:
One has absolutely zero to do with the other. What happened to UNC is completely irrelevant to the UL case.

I think the Tark lawsuit involved the fact that the NCAA ordered UNLV to fire Tark at the time. The courts ruled that the NCAA did not have the authority to order any college to fire an employee.

Tarkanian “lost” his first lawsuit against the NCAA. The US Supreme Court overturned his injunction and said that the NCAA does not meet the definition of a state actor and therefore:
  • Is not required to afford due process
  • Can enforce the rules developed by their memebers, including applying penalties for violations
However, the case ended up being settled because Tarkanian filed an injunction against UNLV preventing them from taking action. Tarkanian was also a tenured professor.

So you ended up with a situation where the only way UNLV could comply with the NCAA’s request would be to first win a costly legal battle with Tarkanian.

NCAA backed off at that point, at least temporarily. Hence the second lawsuit which Tarkanian “won”.

They could easily raise the $15 million by hosting a huge banner-burning event. They could charge $$$ for tickets to watch them take the banners down, then burn them. Charge for concessions and t-shirts, etc... Have a Pitino look-alike MC the event. Add in a few squirting dancers, etc... Money problem solved.

Id party all night long at that. Tell the mayor.

Dakich is still at it tonight on Twitter. He's posting screenshots, tagging people's employers and tracked down a dude's Facebook page after he deleted a tweet wishing Dakich's family dead.

They could easily raise the $15 million by hosting a huge banner-burning event. They could charge $$$ for tickets to watch them take the banners down, then burn them. Charge for concessions and t-shirts, etc... Have a Pitino look-alike MC the event. Add in a few squirting dancers, etc... Money problem solved.
"I came here for two things. Burn a banner and strippers. The banner is already burnt."

Just heard some of Jason Anderson's show, but I missed the beginning. From what I did hear, it sounds like Dakich initially came across as being joking and that this was a friendly smack talk bit, but today is claiming 680 has been making fun of his dead dad for a while, and that everyone at the station should be fired. He's not joking in the slightest, and is coming across as an insane person. Anderson said it is slander.

I bet UL held off because of the dakitch tweet. The NCAA doesn’t have to announce appeal decisions ... at least I don’t think they do. So I think UL is just gonna wait on it.... I bet the teaming looking good in the ACC has something to do with them holding the info too. Don’t want the atmosphere to go south and dampen the teams mood

I bet UL held off because of the dakitch tweet. The NCAA doesn’t have to announce appeal decisions ... at least I don’t think they do. So I think UL is just gonna wait on it.... I bet the teaming looking good in the ACC has something to do with them holding the info too. Don’t want the atmosphere to go south and dampen the teams mood
It was my understanding that the NCAA only notifies UL a day before they release their findings/decision themselves. Don't think u6 can just unilaterally sit on it at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT