ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

clpMdTN5_o.png
45° 71° Clear & crisp
913C2XocO5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I was admiring my Pagan family "Tree of Life" and although not a Catholic, have learned, like Ignatius of Loyola, to see GOD in all things. Each light an ancestor. Each ornament a blessing. Jesus the gift of enlightenment for man.

I read that Keion Brooks did the post game press interview yesterday. But he did not play in the game which I thought was strange. I don't know if a UK player has ever done that before. I can't remember it happening.

Which brings me to a question. What is the matter with Keion Brooks? He has not played in a single game and I thought he was projected as the leader of this years team. Is he injured? Does he have grade problems? What the heck is going on and why such a secret.
Secret rumor is he's symptomatic of a torn calf muscle. When you hop around on it, even an itty bitty bit, it hurts like the Dickens. Wouldn't want to saddle him with that too!
Anyone forecasted to have a white Christmas?
They may see one up on top.
QQyierjQ_o.jpg

th'er
Oh, but I DO hope you all are having a GREAT day and I DO wish you the very merriest of Christmas seasons no matter the circumstances. Jesus IS the reason for the season. Focus on him and all will be okay! God Bless you all AND your families!

Thanks BBUK. Yes Jesus is the reason for the season.! Enjoy the season and family Plus the wonderful food.

never ever in my wildest thoughts would I say go cards, but the exception comes when your coach supports a markist anti America group ..so for Cal, I say go cards...hate me all ya want... it is what it is... As a life long cat fan, you have no idea how it hurts me to say that..

Just to clarify my anger. I am very angry that a UK fan is put in your situation to where you are reacting like you never thought possible.

Yes, I am at that point too for a while now. The current record only solidified I was correct in my anger. What a horrible and terrible position to put anyone into. Yes, Cal sickens me to the point of disdain.

Secret rumor is he's symptomatic of a torn calf muscle. When you hop around on it, even an itty bitty bit, it hurts like the Dickens. Wouldn't want to saddle him with that too!

I had no idea he has a torn calf muscle. I wonder when this happened. On Pro Day he was hopping, and a running and a jumping in front of the pro scouts as if 100%. And now he is on injured reserve. What a season

If Bogans had been healthy that game that white boy who lit us up for Marquette wouldn’t have been in the game because he was to slow to guard anyone but Bogans!
I believe Steve Novak of Marquette lit us up from downtown going 5/8 on treys. Chuck Hayes got in foul trouble and went scoreless. Bogans played on a sprained ankle. Nightmarish game.

Hello D league, I used to post on here awhile back. Now that I have a different account I’m sure no one would remember me. Hope everyone’s been doing good.
Loved Lonesome Dove. Can still remember watching it for the first time. February 1989 on CBS. (Got to admit I looked it up....thought it was CBS, but wasn't exactly sure of the year)

Priority 2 day mail 5 days and counting!

Made a big pot of the Creamy Crock-pot Chicken Noodle soup today. daughter and 4 of our grandgillin! Mrs. M don't get off from the bank till 6, Friday's are rough days for her!!!

Speaking of food that is a go or no go, what about Braunschweiger? Yes or no?
The amazing power of suggestion. I ate Braunschweiger (Leberwurst) tonight. Frick's is really good stuff. Made a monster sandwich which also included Tillamook sharp cheddar and sweet onion. It was awesome.

132191435_10222794383628752_4304568287682734738_o.jpg

What about Esther? (Can't have one without...) (Sorry, it came to mind...)
When I looked up Lonesome Dove to see when the mini-series was first aired, I found this on Wiki. Had never heard of it and wondered if you had....

'Larry McMurtry's original novel was based upon a screenplay that he had co-written with Peter Bogdanovich for a movie that was intended to star John Wayne as Call, James Stewart as Gus, and Henry Fonda as Jake Spoon, but the project collapsed when John Ford advised Wayne to reject the script '

When I looked up Lonesome Dove to see when the mini-series was first aired, I found this on Wiki. Had never heard of it and wondered if you had....

'Larry McMurtry's original novel was based upon a screenplay that he had co-written with Peter Bogdanovich for a movie that was intended to star John Wayne as Call, James Stewart as Gus, and Henry Fonda as Jake Spoon, but the project collapsed when John Ford advised Wayne to reject the script '
McMurtry didn't like the fact that many fans romanticized the book. That's disappointing to me. His words:

McMurtry himself eventually expressed dissatisfaction with the popularity of the novel, particularly after the miniseries adaptation. In the preface to the 2000 edition he wrote: "It's hard to go wrong if one writes at length about the Old West, still the phantom leg of the American psyche. I thought I had written about a harsh time and some pretty harsh people, but, to the public at large, I had produced something nearer to an idealization; instead of a poor man's Inferno, filled with violence, faithlessness and betrayal, I had actually delivered a kind of Gone With The Wind of the West, a turnabout I'll be mulling over for a long, long time."[9]

Little trivia that I didn't know. Streaming an old western with Ronald Reagan...Tennessee's Partner. In the movie he's left-handed...draws his gun and shoots with his left hand. But when he was writing something he wrote right-handed. So I looked it up and he was a natural lefty, but wrote with his right hand. Thought was is that he was taught in school at an early age to write with his right hand....which was common back in the day.

Okay, in light of the season and to help you get through this painful basketball, I am going to give you some words of encouragement. Every time someone complains about Cal, an angel gets his wings.
Just for that you'll be visited by 3 spirits. The coach of UK past (Rupp), the coach of UK present (Calipari) and the coach of UK future (Pitino). Ha! That should start some dialogue.

No Sir,

I hadn't heard that one. Thanks (I do like hearing those tidbits...)

Just for that you'll be visited by 3 spirits. The coach of UK past (Rupp), the coach of UK present (Calipari) and the coach of UK future (Pitino). Ha! That should start some dialogue.

May start some "table"-talk for sure...

The amazing power of suggestion. I ate Braunschweiger (Leberwurst) tonight. Frick's is really good stuff. Made a monster sandwich which also included Tillamook sharp cheddar and sweet onion. It was awesome.

132191435_10222794383628752_4304568287682734738_o.jpg

Dang my brother... Type from afar for a few days....

The Sharper the cheese the better...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT