ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

This team is setting some really bad records. When was the last time a UK team opened with a 1-5 record? Lost 5 straight games? Was winless in December before Christmas? I see signs of life with this team but then they keep reverting back.

Not giving up by any means.

I don't know either but I'm sure it'll be brought up very soon if it hasn't already.
Rupp may have lost 3 in a row one season out of 42 years. But I can't recall a losing one. The worst I remember is 13-13 in 1967.

That was the year Pat Riley injured his back during the summer water skiing. I believe on Herrington Lake. He never got back to his Junior year conditioning and the Cats struggled. It was the worst year of Coach Rupp's career.

Last edited:
UP%204_6_6_4%203801%20frbw.jpg

We're witnessing history in the making, folks. Poorest play any of us have ever seen in our lifetimes.

I wonder how badly the now partially irrelevant Lexington Herald Leader (kentucky.com) will criticize Cal?

Stay tuned.
Yes we are in uncharted waters as they say. Worst since 1926-27 somebody said. Heck that was the year Ruth hit 60.

Last edited:
Cal's plan for UK greatness just went off the rails. Kids should not come to UK to only go to the NBA. Cal needs to understand that.

This team does not understand the game. I am not saying that they can not learn the game but right now they don't know how to play basketball. They are playing at UK to get a contract. That is bad, in my opinion.

I don't know how Cal's contract is drafted, but Kentucky needs to look at an alternative.

This team sucks. Cal blaming the fans for the schedule is horrible. I basically am pissed at Cal not the team. I have rooted for Cal for a decade. It is time that Cal became the Kentucky coach instead of the NBA talent evaluator. The NBA is not paying his damned salary, it is UK fans.

I took 98C training there. A fine post. Had a black girl slap my hand for picking up my tray (Fresh out of basic into my first AIT. Stated that was HER job.) Asked how I wanted my steak cooked.. ah,.. while I was standing at parade rest. Ate Jack Rabbit in the mess hall, had a beer machine in our barracks along with a cigarette machine. (I think the beer was $.55 or $.65 and the cigarettes were $.45 (A pack).. I loved that beer machine...

Water was HORRIBLE as most Texas water is but that was the worst. (Regurgitated pool water at best.)

I sprained my ankle while there and the doctor that treated me (A full Bird) got me drunk on screwdrivers that night in the officers club. Just an enjoyable time... I think it was near or was my birthday is why the Col. was so nice to me. Think I just turned 21.... The Col. got me hooked on those darned screwdrivers though and I drank my share of those for a few years and finally went on a drunk just after I got out of the Army and drank two or three fifths with orange juice and swore off them. Haven't had one since...

Oh, but I DO hope you all are having a GREAT day and I DO wish you the very merriest of Christmas seasons no matter the circumstances. Jesus IS the reason for the season. Focus on him and all will be okay! God Bless you all AND your families!
Love this post.

Oh, the good old days. Love your reflections. It was a much larger Army back then. Seemed senior leaders really cared about soldiers they liked. Lots of stuff changed after Desert Storm. Drawdown dominated Army culture during the 90s. Everybody worried about their career, myself included.

I got hooked on Vodka/Grapefruit back in the 80s. Stayed with it and German beer until just 8 years ago or so.

Cal's plan for UK greatness just went off the rails. Kids should not come to UK to only go to the NBA. Cal needs to understand that.

This team does not understand the game. I am not saying that they can not learn the game but right now they don't know how to play basketball. They are playing at UK to get a contract. That is bad, in my opinion.

I don't know how Cal's contract is drafted, but Kentucky needs to look at an alternative.

This team sucks. Cal blaming the fans for the schedule is horrible. I basically am pissed at Cal not the team. I have rooted for Cal for a decade. It is time that Cal became the Kentucky coach instead of the NBA talent evaluator. The NBA is not paying his damned salary, it is UK fans.
I read on Rafters his buyout is 60 million. Don’t think he will be fired, but may leave on his own if it doesn’t improve. Sadly, can’t see it improving until he changes his recruiting philosophy. And I really don’t think he will. Going to be an interesting situation.

I read on Rafters his buyout is 60 million. Don’t think he will be fired, but may leave on his own if it doesn’t improve. Sadly, can’t see it improving until he changes his recruiting philosophy. And I really don’t think he will. Going to be an interesting situation.
$60 million. Buyout? Surely that is wrong.

If this is true then UK needs to stop sending letters requesting money from the alumni. Apparently they have money to burn to come up with a contract like that. That is criminal

If this is true then UK needs to stop sending letters requesting money from the alumni. Apparently they have money to burn to come up with a contract like that. That is criminal
May not be true I don’t know, but I’ve read it multiple times. I do know he was given a lifetime contract.🥺

If what I'm reading is true then this could be Team Turmoil Part II. The original of course was Tubby's 2001-2002 team. At least that team made it to the Sweet 16.
Yep. I responded to a Rafters post last week regarding Tubby. That team lost the first game of the SEC tourney when Gerald Fitch was suspended for the USCjr tourney game. The next season, they ran the table (SEC regular season and SEC tourney) with an NBA second round draft pick (Keith Bogans). What a beautiful team to watch. They really woke up during halftime at Vandy that season.

This team is far too selfish.

China dough Sir... they seem to have loads of it coming from Nike and other China infested concerns... of course China got all that dough from...........the United States...

This may be the saddest most disgusting tweet I have read following a UK basketball game. Turmoil is a mild word to use with this stuff going on.

Sir,
It started when, for whatever reason the "coaches" decided to placate the players. I stated it at that time. The coaches will never be coaches again, they will be cheerleaders or busts. You cannot do the wrong things in the normal world (Outside of politics) and expect good things to happen. You cannot win when you do not lead.

Cal lost nearly ALL of his leadership capabilities when he made that horrible decision to placate a farce to his "players" and "recruits"....

I will stop today, I am not in the frame of mind where I should be posting....

Yep. I responded to a Rafters post last week regarding Tubby. That team lost the first game of the SEC tourney when Gerald Fitch was suspended for the USCjr tourney game. The next season, they ran the table (SEC regular season and SEC tourney) with an NBA second round draft pick (Keith Bogans). What a beautiful team to watch. They really woke up during halftime at Vandy that season.

This team is far too selfish.
Team Turmoil was probably Tubby's most talented team but he just couldn't manage the 5-star egos. The following season, after the house cleaning was magical. Too bad Dwayne Wade spoiled their run.

Team Turmoil was probably Tubby's most talented team but he just couldn't manage the 5-star egos. The following season, after the house cleaning was magical. Too bad Dwayne Wade spoiled their run.
Helluva team. My favorite during the Tubby era with players he recruited. Unstoppable in SEC play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT