ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

A fan like you? Which ones haven't you seen?

Good Afternoon,

Allegheny Uprising, 3 Godfathers (Saw a small part), Tycoon, Reunion in France, Trouble Along the Way, Spoilers, Without Reservations, The High and the Mighty, Wake of the Red Witch, and The Conqueror..... I have them all and will probably watch one this coming next weekend. (Not sure which)

Oh, hello to all and my prayer is that you all have the love of a child when you love. I look at this tender set of hands and melt. He is my youngest Grandson Joshua. This was taken two days ago while he was napping with his Grandpa. 🧡

121964029_3896462497033968_1641542967699522161_o.jpg

Last edited:

Good Friday morning Legionaires:

Today's high will be around 50° with 25mph winds. Low in the low 30's tonight so, sounds like the first time of this season for some Glu-wein. Yeah baby! Wife getting ready for work, daughter getting ready for school and I am getting ready to binge watch.

Retirement, Who knew?

Oh, we knew. We knew.

One sign of fall and winter in this area is the arrival of white pelicans from Canada. The brown pelican is a year-round resident, but white pelicans migrate to our Gulf Coast area for the winter months. They leave around Easter in the spring. Tens of thousands can be found in the mangroves along the shallow waters of the coast where food is abundant and they can hide away. Seeing them in the wild and in flight is quite a site. They have a 9' wing span and are very graceful when flying.
shutterstock_1033958227.jpg

Last edited:
Just an aside, but a good warning on how totalitarians take over. Something for us all to remember, that it is better to go down fighting and take a few of them out.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn , The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”
Powerful paragraph.

Good Afternoon,

Allegheny Uprising, 3 Godfathers (Saw a small part), Tycoon, Reunion in France, Trouble Along the Way, Spoilers, Without Reservations, The High and the Mighty, Wake of the Red Witch, and The Conqueror..... I have them all and will probably watch one this coming next weekend. (Not sure which)

Oh, hello to all and my prayer is that you all have the love of a child when you love. I look at this tender set of hands and melt. He is my youngest Grandson Joshua. This was taken two days ago while he was napping with his Grandpa. 🧡

121964029_3896462497033968_1641542967699522161_o.jpg

You will like Wake of the Red Witch, but you may want to skip The Conqueror. It is one of his few stinkers.

Just an aside, but a good warning on how totalitarians take over. Something for us all to remember, that it is better to go down fighting and take a few of them out.

― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn , The Gulag Archipelago 1918–1956

“And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

Shame he didn't have one of those 9mm Gatling guns.

• Good Morning, D-Leagueanites and Lurkers.
  • We have 64º in Cumming. Quiet. Dark. Dry.
  • Had some good news yesterday from #3. He has finished the Mountain Leg of his Ranger Training and leaves for Florida very soon. He's happy. Lost a few pounds. We will get to see him for a few days in about a month. Oh, Lord, I love that boy.
  • 2nd mug of Dark Magic going.
  • All of the neighborhood Whitetails are asleep.
  • #5 surprised his Mom last night.
  • We've got a game at 16:00 I do believe.
  • @RRC: Hope you are feeling better.
  • Now ........ as you were.
  • And carry on with vigor.

Morning Legionaires!

Not much going on other than coffee going down. Wife and daughter sleeping and the cats all over me this morning. Generally they don't bother me because I am not a cat person except for the one I took in a year and a half ago. He is the only one that usually bothers me while the other 2 avoid me and sit with my wife or daughter. Now they are all three climbing up on me. Prefer it the other way. Will feed them shortly and that will keep them out of my hair.

You guys have a blessed day and be careful out there.

Not much going on other than coffee going down. Wife and daughter sleeping and the cats all over me this morning. Generally they don't bother me because I am not a cat person except for the one I took in a year and a half ago. He is the only one that usually bothers me while the other 2 avoid me and sit with my wife or daughter. Now they are all three climbing up on me. Prefer it the other way. Will feed them shortly and that will keep them out of my hair.
Tails straight up.

• Had some good news yesterday from #3. He has finished the Mountain Leg of his Ranger Training and leaves for Florida very soon. He's happy. Lost a few pounds. We will get to see him for a few days in about a month. Oh, Lord, I love that boy.
  • Snd carry on with vigor.
Good to hear about #3. Know all about the loss of pounds when you go to special training schools or courses. Went to Recondo school at Campbell and came out weighing less than when I went in. Every muscle in my legs were defined. It was crazy. Being a Ranger is special so, proud day for him and you. Good man there.

Good to hear about #3. Know all about the loss of pounds when you go to special training schools or courses. Went to Recondo school at Campbell and came out weighing less than when I went in. Every muscle in my legs were defined. It was crazy. Being a Ranger is special so, proud day for him and you. Good man there.
Thank you very much, Warrior.

Thank you very much, Warrior.
Hey Donfather, best of luck to #3. I heard from many that Florida phase is roughest. Weather seems perfect right now, so there's one in his favor. Completing Ranger school is a tremendous accomplishment. Reflecting on Warrior, these schools drain a person.

Had some good news yesterday from #3. He has finished the Mountain Leg of his Ranger Training and leaves for Florida very soon. He's happy. Lost a few pounds. We will get to see him for a few days in about a month. Oh, Lord, I love that boy.
Wonderful news from #3 Don. We are also proud and very grateful for his service, let him know a lot of people he may never meet in his life are praying for him and wish him a great career.

Do you know what area of Florida he will be training? I know it use to be near Eglin AFB. Tell him to sharpen his knife.

Last edited:
God Is great! Once again rehabbing, and I thought I was doing better and feeling better! A week ago Monday I took a terrible fall, went and was checked over and sent home. Friday I took an ever worse fall and back to the hospital
for tests, stitches and an over night stay! Tomorrow and Friday follow up doctor visits due to the falls. I'll catch up later but just not feeling well right now. Take care, my friends, and blessings to all!

Sorry to hear about the falls RRKat. Hope you get well soon, and blessings to you as well.

I just hate Caly sports teams...HATE, HATE, HATE!!!!
Have you watched "The Phenomenon" documentary yet? If not, it's something that I think you will enjoy a lot.

Hugh! Cats go from Top 20 to Top 5.

I'm with you on the Cats being Top 5, but I saw where one clueless sports writer had us 13th. Personally, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a team with the talent and depth that UK has. Mintz, Sarr, Brooks, and Toppin will provide the leadership needed. Link

Last edited:
Cats start off sluggish after last weeks big win, but come on strong late to pull away for the victory, 31-17.

It will be an awfully long game, since it won't be finished till Sunday. :) Congrats to you, Don. I know you are very proud of #3, and rightfully so. We should all be proud of him, as he serves us and his country.

Football:

Saturday Quickies: Beat the Missouri Tigers Edition Link

Kentucky vs. Missouri game time, TV channel, online stream, radio & more Link

Kentucky vs. Missouri: Odds, betting trends, expert picks & prediction Link

Kentucky vs. Missouri: Who wins? Link

Kentucky and Missouri taking opposite approach to Wildcats’ win streak Link

GAMEDAY: Kentucky Takes Five-Game Win Streak Over Missouri to Columbia Link

Kentucky vs. Missouri: What’s At Stake Link

What they’re saying about Kentucky vs. Missouri
Link

Jamarius Dinkins commits to Kentucky Link

SEC Week 5 Predictions: A Little Perspective Link

5 biggest winners from Week 7 Link

Basketball:

5-star guard Skyy Clark commits to Kentucky: Highlights and breakdown Link

UK commit Nolan Hickman has reached out to multiple UK targets Link

Bryce Hopkins sets decision date Link

Recruiting experts pick Kentucky to land top-10 recruit Daimion Collins Link

Kentucky showing interest in Jalen Hooks Link

Kentucky basketball releases official measurements for 2020-21 roster Link

Have you watched "The Phenomenon" documentary yet? If not, it's something that I think you will enjoy a lot.

I'm with you on the Cats being Top 5, but I saw where one clueless sports writer had us 13th. Personally, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a team with the talent and depth that UK has. Mintz, Sarr, Brooks, and Toppin will provide the leadership needed. Link
I just did a quick check and it looks like most of the major polls have the Cats at #8 with one at #6. Still seems low but I don't put much stock in preseason polls. With only 1 returning player I'm sure there are skeptics.

Hey Donfather, best of luck to #3. I heard from many that Florida phase is roughest. Weather seems perfect right now, so there's one in his favor. Completing Ranger school is a tremendous accomplishment. Reflecting on Warrior, these schools drain a person.
I have heard about the Swamp Training as being very hard. I am just sure that his training instructors have told them that exact thing. Thanks for the tip.

Wonderful news from #3 Don. We are also proud and very grateful for his service, let him know a lot of people he may never meet in his life are praying for him and wish him a great career.

Do you know what area of Florida he will be training? Tell him to sharpen his knife.
I will share all of these messages of gratitude and encouragement with him as soon as I have some moments alone with this Grandchildsoldier. Thank you in his behalf.

• And carry on with vigor.
Thank you Wildcatdonf, feeling somewhat better. Saw my primary physician yesterday. I'm on the mend! Nice to know #3 surprised you and his mother. Don, take care of yourself.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT