ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning everyone.

I've been up since 6 AM and slept good last night.

Off to walk about 5 miles and then finish up some yard work later today.

The trip to the lake with Dad was not good. He had knee issues and was so bad he just went home after one day. But not before telling me I probably need to find a new fishing partner. He's 83 and just hasn't been excited about getting to the lake this year. But, he says driving is not an issue since it's his left knee. He doesn't like to stay home.

I hope everyone has a great day.

This ol' board is slowing down for the summer.

A fairly slow day for me, working from home.

Continue to battle with a horde of small wasps with sharp stingers -- at least according to my wife who has been hit twice and swelled up both times.

They seem to be everywhere -- I've knocked down a half dozen small nests under my porch after dousing them with poison spray. And I must have shot down two hundred out of the air with this foamy spray my wife bought, but I don't think you can beat them by killing them retail. That theory hasn't worked from the Chosin Reservoir to Khe Sanh to Fallujah. It looks like they've crawled or gnawed into a little seam between my porch and a new door I had installed into the house. I was going to seal that up with caulk, but I read that was a bad idea, that they would do more damage escaping from the tomb...Ah well. I'm very good at ignoring problems until they go away. We'll have a deep freeze here in 90 days or so. That'll take care of it.

Hope you all manage to ignore all your problems.
Try this: fill a small brown paper bag up with paper or plastic bags and hang it near their nests. They think that it is a hornets nest and will avoid the area. It particularly takes care of wood borers.

Edit: HANG not hand.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 73°F and partly cloudy. Today's high may reach 88°F.

Must run errands and clean out back room after a walk. May catch some Olympic action later on.

Wishing y'all a great day.

Flight 4 of 10, which transported me from Reykjavik to Akureyi. Comparatively smooth, actually.

450121112_10231094910736742_277811630591443275_n.jpg

Good morning folks.

Thats an interesting tip Bert. I’ll try that.

Beautiful day in the east. Back from a long run, and destroying a large piece of ice cold, sweet crisp watermelon. Damn, that’s good.

We have reservations at a favorite steakhouse tonight. The place makes the best key lime pie I’ve had north of Islamorada. So it’ll be a good day.

Wishing all of you the same.

Charlie-Brown-7-gif.gif

Morning Sports Fans!

Got home at around 3am this morning as we did not make it to the championship. We lost our first game by 2 runs and 3rd game by 3 (double elimination tournament). We won the 2nd game by 4. I hit my first and only home run of the year in our second game (not a home run hitter, just base hits normally). But, for context, the field had 250 ft. fence instead of the standard 300ft we normally play one so... However, my teammates noted that it would easily have gone out on our standard fields we generally play on, and they were right. It was a line shot that was still rising went it went over the fence. Don't know where the power came from, but I will take it. Wind was blowing in so that was not a factor either.

You folks enjoy your weekend and Go USA! (Olympics).

Reactions: berniecarbo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT