ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D-League. Back from a 3-mile run. Building back up a bit from my long sabbatical from running after my hip surgery.

Nice win for the Reds last night. Good starting outing for Lodolo. Nice clutch relief appearance for Cruz, to strike out two guys in a one-run game, coming in with runners on second and third. And then a 3-run home run by De La Cruz that should have been a grand slam. (The pitch before was a wild pitch with the bases loaded and a runner scored. So, a 3-run homer instead of a grand slam.)

Hope the Cats get some good news from the transfer portal today.

Have a good one guys.

Ever piss on your toes? When there are no meds available it is "supposed" to help athletes foot\ toe fungus.
In 2011 one of the grandsons got very sick......I moved over to England for quite a while......once he got out of the hospital to kill time I would walk.......and walk I did.....I averaged 16 miles a day.......it is easy with the Bishop's paths and such over there......one day I decided to jump a ditch......I could have walked back a mile or so and got back up on the road but it was a small ditch.........or so it appeared.....when I jumped and got to where the other side was........it wasn't.......it was a big, deep ditch......that fact was obscured from my view by a luscious patch of stinging nettle.......I have never encountered such a plant until then........I had shorts and ankle socks on and a t-shirt.......my legs and arms and face.......everything that was exposed had the nettle rash..........by that evening I was in agony........my SIL said he read that urine would kill the sting.........I tried it on my ankle.......it didn't........Monday after suffering from my rash for a few days the visiting nurse came to take blood from the grandson........I inquired is she knew the cure as mine had all failed...........she showed me a dock plant and wadded it up and rubbed it on my hand and WOW.........instant relief.........Curly Leaf Dock grows around Stinging Nettle and will keep the sting and rash from getting you......

We are headed to the Great American Ball Park to meet up with daughter, SIL and grand children.....at least 9 of them....#10 had to work.......good times ahead!!!!

I have six myself, we are leaving Thursday to drive to Gainesville if the Lord doesn't take me home. We will have ALL our children and grandchildren together then... I am thankful...

In 2011 one of the grandsons got very sick......I moved over to England for quite a while......once he got out of the hospital to kill time I would walk.......and walk I did.....I averaged 16 miles a day.......it is easy with the Bishop's paths and such over there......one day I decided to jump a ditch......I could have walked back a mile or so and got back up on the road but it was a small ditch.........or so it appeared.....when I jumped and got to where the other side was........it wasn't.......it was a big, deep ditch......that fact was obscured from my view by a luscious patch of stinging nettle.......I have never encountered such a plant until then........I had shorts and ankle socks on and a t-shirt.......my legs and arms and face.......everything that was exposed had the nettle rash..........by that evening I was in agony........my SIL said he read that urine would kill the sting.........I tried it on my ankle.......it didn't........Monday after suffering from my rash for a few days the visiting nurse came to take blood from the grandson........I inquired is she knew the cure as mine had all failed...........she showed me a dock plant and wadded it up and rubbed it on my hand and WOW.........instant relief.........Curly Leaf Dock grows around Stinging Nettle and will keep the sting and rash from getting you......
Urea is the main organic compound in urine. Urea is used in many products for the skin. Probably better for nail fungus than athletes foot, but I've seen guys in Viet Nam pee on their toes if meds were not readily available.

Urea is the main organic compound in urine. Urea is used in many products for the skin. Probably better for nail fungus than athletes foot, but I've seen guys in Viet Nam pee on their toes if meds were not readily available.

Thanks Sir, as I sit eating, biscuits, cottage cheese, and coffee..... Thinking, I gotta go pee...

60ed2547-3b7c-4e9b-9224-5176e0dc2137_text.gif

Sitting here watching the Reds and the Angels with the Angels up 2-0 bottom of the first. Reds score 1 and then get 2 outs but have 3 on and Stephenson at the plate. I told my wife it felt like a good time for a Grand Salami because Stephenson crushed it yesterday. Just a few seconds after, he hits one out to the opposite field. Wife looked at me and shook her head and said: "You called it" as I was doing my victory dance.

If anyone is interested, Thunder Over Louisville fireworks show begins at 9:30. If you're not in the viewing area I'm sure there's an online site. I'll be watching comfortably from my sofa. No way would I venture down there. The airshow is still going on. Planes have been flying over our house for hours.

Man,

Been working today. Detailed My Darlings car, moved dirt to the back patio for her flowers, washed several loads of clothes, been to soccer practice, baked a large pan of small biscuits for My Darlings church group lunch today..(about 50), threw the BB in the wagon and walked him and My Darling around our subdivision twice, and now playing Legos with the BB.

Got four yuenglings drank and I needed them. Hitting the shower then hitting the hay.... Have a fine rest of your night.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 51°F and cloudy. Windy. Today's high expected around 68°F.

Yeah, Vols jumped out early on the Cats pitching yesterday. Score was 5-0 top of first before a single out occurred. Better luck today. We'll be watching.

Heading over to Aldi again today. Love that store. Too bad store located 7.5 miles from here.

Wishing y'all a peaceful Sunday.

national%20chickpea%20day.webp

439019094_7454997237924963_3154399480091696640_n.jpg

Good morning from eastern KY. Pic is from last night, but home is just over the hill from that gravel spot you see. The view is from near the top of Pine Mountain looking down toward my home and out towards the Hazard area. Hard to imagine there are houses buried deep under the hills and trees.

Busy day today and hope to see some good news this evening when I check back online.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Storm I love the Appalachian mountains. They are not as majestic as the Rockies but are simply pretty.

Good morning folks.

Back from a long hike. Flipped on the TV and it was perfect timing to see the last big shootout scene in Unforgiven —one of the peak moments in the canon of Westerns…”I don’t deserve this. I was building a house.” “Deserve’s got nothing to do with it.” Maybe my favorite line in a western.

Heading for a shower then coffee. Hope it’s a good Sunday morning for everyone.

I read something on RR on NIL that reminded me of a story I heard many years ago. When business was booming, I knew customers from all over the USA. One was a lady from Nashville. This was when Mercer was playing for UK. It wasnt for NIL as that didnt exist then, but universities had people whose job was to solicit funds for the school. My customer knew the lady whose husband had the job of getting donations for Vandy. Mercer was from the Nashville area. His grades were short of qualifying for Vandy by a ridiculously small number and Vandy would not budge on the numbers. The guy was inundated with calls threatening to stop donations unless Mercer was accepted. Obviously, they did not and it got to the guy so much that he had a heart attack.

This is a second hand story, but I do think the lady who told me the story knew people at the university and don't think she would lie about it.

I sure drink coconut milk by the can... A couple cans a week. Love the stuff in my coffee. The unsweetened version. Just a good feeling drinking it with coffee.. Caught it on a real good sale and bought two cases. (That was a second time I was able to do that.) Stuff gets pricy.
I like coconuts and drink the milk from the inside of the nut. Used to eat them quite often in the past but have not in a while. They are rather dry even in the nut once opened. However, when I was in Panama (Jungle training) in the early 80's, There was this Samoan SSG who climbed a coconut tree and got us a couple, took off the husk, and broke them open. We drank the milk and could eat the whole coconut because it was moist and fresh. Best tasting coconut I ever ate.

If anyone is interested, Thunder Over Louisville fireworks show begins at 9:30. If you're not in the viewing area I'm sure there's an online site. I'll be watching comfortably from my sofa. No way would I venture down there. The airshow is still going on. Planes have been flying over our house for hours.
Pretty good year if the news is telling the truth.....only one shooting at Waterfront Park......They will move the address for all the assaults and robberies over to Washington Street so the park doesn't get the bad name it deserves........my friends got robbed at gun point a few years ago when they first opened the walkway over the Ohio.......the Po Po put the address of the incident over on Washington Street.......their explanation to him was that, "the park doesn't have an address".....hmmmmm.....

Pretty good year if the news is telling the truth.....only one shooting at Waterfront Park......They will move the address for all the assaults and robberies over to Washington Street so the park doesn't get the bad name it deserves........my friends got robbed at gun point a few years ago when they first opened the walkway over the Ohio.......the Po Po put the address of the incident over on Washington Street.......their explanation to him was that, "the park doesn't have an address".....hmmmmm.....
Louisville crime has risen dramatically within the past 6 years. Really disheartening.

I got another story for you guys. I had a customer from St Louis who stabled horses for people. Now I always liked Mike Shannon (aka Moon Man). Moon was quite a character. He was called Moon because people said he couldn't possibly be from this world. Moon came to his barn wanting him to board his horse for free. Moon's reasoning was since he was a big name around St Louis, having his horse in the barn would bring more business to him. I hate to tell that story since I always liked Moon, but I thought some of you baseball fans might be interested.

I got another story for you guys. I had a customer from St Louis who stabled horses for people. Now I always liked Mike Shannon (aka Moon Man). Moon was quite a character. He was called Moon because people said he couldn't possibly be from this world. Moon came to his barn wanting him to board his horse for free. Moon's reasoning was since he was a big name around St Louis, having his horse in the barn would bring more business to him. I hate to tell that story since I always liked Moon, but I thought some of you baseball fans might be interested.

Brought back a memory Sir...

When I was a teenager I worked a LOT of different jobs to keep making dough. Went to "classes" to learn how to sell Filter Queen vacuum cleaners. (This was up near Detroit.)

Had a demonstration with Elvis Shelton (Some may know him as an Elvis impersonator.) (A local Elvis impersonator.) Anyway I went through the demo and he had the same thing in mind, I give him a filter queen and he'd advertise it to his fan club. I think he told me at the time he had 750 or so members. I laughed then and I laugh about it now.

What I did offer him was part of the proceeds I received for each one I sold to his fan club, of course he never went for that. Even in my teens I was pretty savy... Have to trust yourself if you are anything in the first place but that concept may be too bold for many...

Just a memory....

Just got back from the BB's T-Ball practice and taking My Darling to the Food Marts.... Now going to finish a paper I promised my CIO and RMF team lead on Cloud containerization... and the security thereof... ;) (I need a couple hours to read so I can ensure my thought process is correct...) Have a fine afternoon and GO CATS!!!

I like coconuts and drink the milk from the inside of the nut. Used to eat them quite often in the past but have not in a while. They are rather dry even in the nut once opened. However, when I was in Panama (Jungle training) in the early 80's, There was this Samoan SSG who climbed a coconut tree and got us a couple, took off the husk, and broke them open. We drank the milk and could eat the whole coconut because it was moist and fresh. Best tasting coconut I ever ate.

I had a few swigs of coconut milk that way but not to the extremes you mention. Just bought at a store.

I like about coconut anything. I shy away from the added sugar though but it's good.

Afternoon D, not a lot going on today, saw where the bat cats lost. Also saw where we just picked up our first recruit, the big guy for Drexel, Williams I think. Also want the D to know there's a comet out right now, suppose to peak tonight I think, it's called 12P/Pond Brooks. You can find it in the western sky just above the horizon, between sunset and 9 p, if you can find Jupiter it will be west of it, going to try and find it later. Have a good one D!

Good morning from ATX. Currently 52°F and clear. We may see 74°F for today's high. Nice out. Hiking later after sun rises.

@cordmaker : missed the comet. Little too cloudy here last night. Thanks for the heads up.

Meh, Cats lost to Vols again in baseball yesterday. Meanwhile, UK men's tennis won another SEC tournament title.

Monday, Monday.... Wishing y'all a great start to your week.

earth-day-13085.jpg

Brought back a memory Sir...

When I was a teenager I worked a LOT of different jobs to keep making dough. Went to "classes" to learn how to sell Filter Queen vacuum cleaners. (This was up near Detroit.)

Had a demonstration with Elvis Shelton (Some may know him as an Elvis impersonator.) (A local Elvis impersonator.) Anyway I went through the demo and he had the same thing in mind, I give him a filter queen and he'd advertise it to his fan club. I think he told me at the time he had 750 or so members. I laughed then and I laugh about it now.

What I did offer him was part of the proceeds I received for each one I sold to his fan club, of course he never went for that. Even in my teens I was pretty savy... Have to trust yourself if you are anything in the first place but that concept may be too bold for many...

Just a memory....

Just got back from the BB's T-Ball practice and taking My Darling to the Food Marts.... Now going to finish a paper I promised my CIO and RMF team lead on Cloud containerization... and the security thereof... ;) (I need a couple hours to read so I can ensure my thought process is correct...) Have a fine afternoon and GO CATS!!!
J.B. Books like with getting the undertaker to pay him because he would make money off of his death.

Good morning D-League.

Another beautiful day in teh east, though I am stuck at work. Looking to get ahead on a few things. On Thursday, my wife and I are flying to Austin then driving out to the US FIsh and Wildlife site where my son lives and works for a visit. Looking forward to seeing all that and the Texas Hill Country.

I hope it is a good day for all.

Good morning D-League.

Another beautiful day in teh east, though I am stuck at work. Looking to get ahead on a few things. On Thursday, my wife and I are flying to Austin then driving out to the US FIsh and Wildlife site where my son lives and works for a visit. Looking forward to seeing all that and the Texas Hill Country.

I hope it is a good day for all.
Safe travels. Decent rain chances Thu-Mon. You'll enjoy the weather.

Thanks Austin. That means a decent chance it will rain all day, or decent chances there won't be rain? We're hoping to hike around the Inks Dam area with my son. But we'll adjust.
Doubt it rains all day on those days. In fact, if he's located out in Hill Country, y'all may catch more breaks than us here in ATX.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT