ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 63°F and partly cloudy. Today's high expected around 83°F.

- In Pope We Trust. I think we'll be okay. Mark is indeed a smart guy. 2024-2025 season may disappoint some. Hope I'm still around to witness it.

- Baseball Cats pounded Auburn Tigers 9-1 last night on the Plains. GBB!

- Donated $41 to Club Blue FOOTBALL. Hey, I'm a tightwad. Can't cut into upcoming Iceland/Massachusetts and Scotland vacations too much. Whoa Nessie!

- Plan on cleaning up some golf balls I found. Range balls. $5 per 50. Got around 1400 left.

- Heading out for a hike in a few.

Wishing y'all an awesome Saturday.

national-peach-cobbler-day--april-13.png

Good morning all,

Whew the taxes, just whew....

BUT, that's finished for now. Going to my grand babies soccer practice. Then me and My Darling will hit the markets. Edit: And the woods.... My Darling has a couple spots where she gets "greens" and other sorts of items that are great for the picking this time of year....

Have an enjoyable day....

Last edited:
Went fishing this morning. Fishing report follows:

5 strikes with 3 hooked and one landed so...Large Mouth Bass 2---Warrior-Cat 1. One of the ones that got away was pretty big. It jumped out of the water, and I could see it was a healthy one. I had casted a ways out so it was going to take a bit to bring it in. After jumping out of the water, it went deep on me and got caught in the grass. I tried pulling in through, but it was stuck really deep in the grass. Had to let some line out in hopes it would wiggle out of the grass but instead it spit out the hook. The Jerk.

Last edited:
Me and My Darling just got home... Did some serious woods walking. We had not been for a long while... Felt good but I hurt a little.

That's okay, we also went to the commissary and I finally got to the Class six gas station.

Got me some Yuengling Pilsner, Lager, and Black and Tan.. (I like to switch it up at times...)

Gonna partake shortly.

My Darling and I found a good stash of some good greens... (Not sure of the names in english except some mugwart but we got three walmart bags full. My Darling will make masterpiece meals with this stuff... I am thankful. The BB may be over in a bit but just while his Mom hits the gym.

I plan to watch a John Wayne movie or two today and then we shall see...

436444129_8053576781322498_8881832365975134819_n.jpg

436457167_8053577144655795_3373357797546540505_n.jpg

436426547_8053578334655676_2389970449202113182_n.jpg

436429691_8053577207989122_2964787063079852583_n.jpg

437750786_8053576384655871_1849084338312600519_n.jpg

Not worried about sneaky snakes yet but they will be out soon...

Checking my Fitbit we did right at 7 miles...

Go Cats... Hopefully all together now...

RR is full of some mean puppies. I think Pope will be just fine. He wants to be here, understands the tradition. knows how important this team is to the fans, wants to win, etc.. He hasn't even stepped foot on campus yet and RR is ready to roast him. GD it give him a chance. I hope he smokes it his first season just to shut these bastards up.

Went fishing this morning. Fishing report follows:

5 strikes with 3 hooked with one landed so...Large Mouth Bass 2---Warrior-Cat 1. One of the ones that got away was pretty big. It jumped out of the water, and I could see it was a healthy one. I had casted a ways out so it was going to take a bit to bring it in. After jumping out of the water, it went deep on me and got caught in the grass. I tried pulling in through, but it was stuck really deep in the grass. Had to let some line out in hopes it would wiggle out of the grass but instead it spit out the hook. The Jerk.

Dumb fish!!!

RR is full of some mean puppies. I think Pope will be just fine. He wants to be here, understands the tradition. knows how important this team is to the fans, wants to win, etc.. He hasn't even stepped foot on campus yet and RR is ready to roast him. GD it give him a chance. I hope he smokes it his first season just to shut these bastards up.

You have to remember one thing. It is so easy to be a killer on the Internet. I see so many say things online they'd never say to anyone's face. That is a distinct character flaw.

I worked up in DC and was in the same building with a certain poster. He wore UK lanyards and had smaller UK items. I struck up conversations with him though very brief. The only reason I knew who he was username-wise, he was logged on his computer and away from it and I had to be in his office or should I say cubical.

Oh the things this chump posts. I'd have called him out but I just laughed as this guy was what My Darling would call an anchovy. A shriveled sort ... Those internet muscles are dangerous. ;)

Good morning from ATX. Currently 65°F and cloudy. Today's high expected around 84°F.

- Having tons of fun with this Mark Pope hire. I remain optimistic.

- Watched Cats Baseball beat Auburn Tigers 13-8 yesterday on SEC+. That makes 3 consecutive series sweeps and won 10 consecutive SEC games. Now ranked #8 in the nation. GBB!

- Also watched "Zone of Interest" last night after baseball game. Good German language film with subtitles. Won 2 Oscars last year. Filmed in Poland. Really enjoyed it.

Wish y'all a peaceful Sunday.

0414NATIONAL-PECAN-DAY.png

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

61° this morning with a high of 91° expected. Going to try to play softball today with a coed team. They are short one guy so...Plantar Fasciitis still bothering me but not as much as before. Spent the day on my feet from walking the monster, fishing, shopping, lunch with wife and daughter to cutting the grass yesterday afternoon and it was only a little sore last night. Yes, it is not running but...we will see. Got to be on my toes as the guy running the team wants me to play third. Hot box.

I have been wrapping my right foot the last couple of days in a wrap with castor Oil on the inside. Old remedy that is supposed to help.

The Bat Cats are doing really well, and it is a welcome break from the coaching insanity and even though the Reds are hovering just above .500, they are still fun to watch.

Have not seen @MdWIldcat55 on here the last few days, hope all is good.

@AustinTXCat, keep on keeping on man and prayers for you.

The rest of you enjoy your Sunday and God Bless.

Good morning all,

Was thinking about MdW too... Unusual...

Sitting in the wife's car drinking my coffee. My Darling has choir practice before the 8:30 service.

Only live about 1200 or so feet away but sitting here is quiet and peaceful. I am thankful. These last few days have been stupid busy.

Watched part of "In Harms Way"... Yesterday...

Plan to tackle my garage today for part of the day.

44 outside though, gonna have to warm up some.

Need to finish pasting and painting one wall at a time so I can put up better shelving.... We shall see... Plan on making a pan of biscuits for supper. The wife bought some ribeye steaks we plan on too. Have a blessed day....

Hey folks,

I wanted to share the sad news that my mother passed away on Wednesday. We had a lovely service on Saturday, just the family of her five children, ten grandchildren and four great grandchildren. Everyone made it but one great-grandson who had just shipped out to Hawaii on his first post-boot camp assignment with the Marines. My kids and grandkids all converged from DC, Texas and Kansas City.

My mother grew up poor in Bracken County. She had a simple but noble vision for her life from early on, to love and care for my father and their children and to expand that caring to anyone else in our town who needed it. And she succeeded in every possible way.

She died peacefully, and with the faith that we’ll all be reunited someday. It’s toughest on my father but we are all struggling to deal with the loss.

Last edited:
Hey folks,

I wanted to share the sad new that my mother passed away on Wednesday. We had a lovely service on Saturday, just the family of her five children, ten grandchildren and four great grandchildren. Everyone made it but one great-grandson who had just shipped out to Hawaii on his first post-boot camp assignment with the Marines. My kids and grandkids all converged from DC, Texas and Kansas City.

My mother grew up poor in Bracken County. She had a simple but noble vision for her life from early on, to love and care for my father and their children and to expand that caring to anyone else in our town who needed it. And she succeeded in every possible way.

She died peacefully, and with the faith that we’ll all be reunited someday. It’s toughest on my father but we are all struggling to deal with the loss.
Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I have no doubt that she was a wonderful woman and lived a good life.

Hey folks,

I wanted to share the sad new that my mother passed away on Wednesday. We had a lovely service on Saturday, just the family of her five children, ten grandchildren and four great grandchildren. Everyone made it but one great-grandson who had just shipped out to Hawaii on his first post-boot camp assignment with the Marines. My kids and grandkids all converged from DC, Texas and Kansas City.

Very sorry. May the Lord be with you guys through this.

Hey folks,

God's comfort a strength to you and your family MdW.

🙏

Hey folks,

😢

Hey folks,

May God rest her soul and grant her the promise to reunite with her family.

Losing your Mom is hard but you made many travels home to see and take care of her. Mothers are the foundation of families. I had a good one.

Prayers for your family MdWildcat.

Played two coed softball games today. We lost both 11-8 and 9-5. We were in both games but blew it late. I have not played coed in years but the guy running our men's team has a coed team and was short 3 people. So, I brought an extra guy and the coach played so, that made just enough to not forfeit.

Not a banner day for me as I have not hit since last year and went 0-4 with 3 walks. Made a couple of errors in the first game but tightened up my D in the second. Since he was so short of players, I played SS, and he played 3rd. He is 62, our leftfielder was 61, and of course me at 66. Not the recipe for really competing against the youngsters. The rest of our people were 40 and under. Some 20-year-olds in the mix as well. Made some hard-to-get snags with the glove which felt good and the team saying they did not know old men could move like that.

Last edited:
Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning legionnaires!

66° this morning with a high in the low 80's expected.

Have not seen the presser myself, will watch later today after the normal morning workout and walk of the monster. Workout will be moderate because I am sore everywhere this morning after the 2 games yesterday. Going to be a couch potato day today and possibly tomorrow depending on how long I am sore.

Since it was 91° and sunny yesterday, it was hot, and I lost 4lbs from the time I left the house to the time I got home. Drank 4 Gatorades during the games and two beers afterwards so, that gives you enough info as to how much fluids I lost. Drank more water and Gatorades when I got home and gained those pounds back.

Taxes... well, we have to pay this year for the first time in years. Not much mind you but considering we got a little over 3K each year for the last few years in return it is a bit confusing. The only thought we could figure is the pay raise my wife got in June last year taking over a management position in the company she works for (still in limbo about job going away. Should know definitively In May). However, reading up on returns this year we have found out that more people are paying this year so far than did last year so...

Monday, Monday folks. Be careful and safe out there.

@MdWIldcat55 thoughts and prayers again today as this will take time. Hopefully you can find comfort in the Lord.

Good morning folks.

I appreciate all the kinds words of consolation posted on this board concerning my mother's passing. Thanks to all of you - it has helped. I've always known what a thoughtful, caring bunch the D-Leaguers are, and you all have confirmed it.

I'm far from feeling ready to return to the business of the world, but the world is not waiting any longer for me to play my part. So back to work, and my duties as a father and husband. I'm sure all of you have been there and risen to the occasion, as I will try to do.

Have a good day folks.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning legionnaires!

66° this morning with a high in the low 80's expected.

Have not seen the presser myself, will watch later today after the normal morning workout and walk of the monster. Workout will be moderate because I am sore everywhere this morning after the 2 games yesterday. Going to be a couch potato day today and possibly tomorrow depending on how long I am sore.

Since it was 91° and sunny yesterday, it was hot, and I lost 4lbs from the time I left the house to the time I got home. Drank 4 Gatorades during the games and two beers afterwards so, that gives you enough info as to how much fluids I lost. Drank more water and Gatorades when I got home and gained those pounds back.

Taxes... well, we have to pay this year for the first time in years. Not much mind you but considering we got a little over 3K each year for the last few years in return it is a bit confusing. The only thought we could figure is the pay raise my wife got in June last year taking over a management position in the company she works for (still in limbo about job going away. Should know definitively In May). However, reading up on returns this year we have found out that more people are paying this year so far than did last year so...

Monday, Monday folks. Be careful and safe out there.

@MdWIldcat55 thoughts and prayers again today as this will take time. Hopefully you can find comfort in the Lord.

Won't even go into my taxes this year, just whew...

Hey folks,

I wanted to share the sad news that my mother passed away on Wednesday. We had a lovely service on Saturday, just the family of her five children, ten grandchildren and four great grandchildren. Everyone made it but one great-grandson who had just shipped out to Hawaii on his first post-boot camp assignment with the Marines. My kids and grandkids all converged from DC, Texas and Kansas City.

Sorry, MD. Not many keep their parents till near 70. Lucky you.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 69°F and cloudy. Expecting 82°F for today's high.

- Coach Pope said all the right things at his presser yesterday. Really hope we get Reed Sheppard back.

- Tax Day. IRS already raped me.

- Monday, Monday. Wish y'all a great start to your week.
I have both quarterly taxes filled out and stamped on their way to the post office.

At nearly 78 years old they still stick me bad.

I have both quarterly taxes filled out and stamped on their way to the post office.

At nearly 78 years old they still stick me bad.
We have regular IRA's with enough in them to pay our taxes from, so we don't make quarterly payments, just pay taxes once near the end of the year since they count as IRA distributions which can be done anytime.

My CPA said she may have to file an extension. It is very complicated this year. Last week they were "under review". I'm kind of worried. Time is short.

Yes Sir,

I do my own. Just stupid complicated this year. I added another property though and we moved as well but, we've done that before. This year was different for me....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT