ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 58°F and under severe thunderstorm watch. Cooler temperatures inbound.

Yeah, UK basketball not looking good. Began the season with so much promise. Lost 4 games to visiting teams so far this season, including 3 consecutive. Horrible.

Wife got COVID. Probably from me. She's taking PaxLovid.

Plan on watching Super Bowl 5:30 pm CST. Go Chiefs!

Wishing all a peaceful Sunday.

Here is one more since you asked. I used to have 30 or 40 jobbers a week come to buy from me. One's first name was Glen and he had played football for Ohio State. He wasnt a star player or anything, but he said when they went on the road, you wouldnt believe how many women would approach you in the lobby of the hotel and place their room key in your hand.A jobber was basically a route salesman who sold lamps and shades to furniture stores. I always got along with Glen, but he thought pretty highly of himself. He eventually changed his first name to Sterling as it was more appropriate for a man of his stature.
That is probably a subjective name of stature since that is also a cheap beer. :p

Yeah, 3 consecutive losses at Rupp = unprecedented.

Mitch may face a fan revolt.
tumblr_inline_ntrv7vRh781t7hiz8_500.gif

Good morning folks.

Gloomy, rainy day in the east.

Depressing performance by the Cats. Ah well, Reds will be reporting for spring training soon.

Very little interest in the Super Bowl today. Not even sure I’ll watch. Don’t care who wins.

Hope you all have a restful Sunday.

Good morning all,

A rainy day here. The wife's Camry seems okay. Feels better driving a car that doesn't look a little wrecked. That will be my hand-me down when we start looking in earnest for a new car.

It will feel like a Cadillac compared to my Mazda 3.

Last edited:
Good morning folks.

Gloomy, rainy day in the east.

Depressing performance by the Cats. Ah well, Reds will be reporting for spring training soon.

Very little interest in the Super Bowl today. Not even sure I’ll watch. Don’t care who wins.

Hope you all have a restful Sunday.
Sherry and I got married in August 1966. The first Super Bowl in January 1967, so we had Ed and Loretta over and watched the first Super Bowl. By the second Super Bowl Ed and Loretta were married and we watched it at their house.

Bert and Sherry have never missed one even though we don't follow the NFL.

I am a sucker for records. I can't miss a UK basketball game. The last one that I did not watch, listen on the radio or go to the game was in December 1965.

No internet right now because of snow I guess. First real snow of the season. We did have a flurry once but nothing stuck. Around here when we get any kind of snow internet goes out and that's where I get my TV from. So I will probably not watch the game unless they get it back on. I am in an NFL pool so I'll watch the scores on my telephone which is where I'm posting from right now.

No internet right now because of snow I guess. First real snow of the season. We did have a flurry once but nothing stuck. Around here when we get any kind of snow internet goes out and that's where I get my TV from. So I will probably not watch the game unless they get it back on. I am in an NFL pool so I'll watch the scores on my telephone which is where I'm posting from right now.

Bad you can't watch, I haven't watched one for a while..

Heading out to my garage to tie up some junk for the trash in the morning. They show up around 5:30 so no time to get it out then. (Got a car bumper and some other items to cut down and bind up...) Garage nearly getting to where you can walk through it without bounding around items. Not quite but getting there. Lost a LOT of clutter with that boxed up bumper and peripherals... I have a Black & Tan out there in the fridge that are calling me too... ;) (Or two...)

I am going to install some raised storage soon but I need to paint the garage walls first. I have a bucket of mud but only slightly started that. Will paint one wall at a time... Hoping to have all completed by some time during the spring...

Good morning folks.

An exciting Super Bowl seen just from the perspective of dramatic intensity.

An odd one for me. I started watching not caring who won. Somehow, by halftime I was rooting hard for the 49ers. I can't say why, maybe all the Taylor Swift bullshit (though I have no beef with her.) I think more likely the boorish antics of guys like Kelce getting in the face of Andy Reid because he wasn't calling plays for him -- how is he supposed to keep his endorsement gravy train rolling?

By the end, I really wanted SF to win, though at some level, once the PAT was missed, I knew it was over.

I'd love for the Reds or Bengals (or the Cats though I'm about to give up on that) to get on a run like the Chiefs sometime before I die. I guess it happened a couple times for me -- Reds 70-76, Cats 93-98 -- so I'm luckier than some.

I hope all you folks have a great day.

Conway and Loretta.... (Mississippi-Louisiana)

Merle...

Been fiddling with my guitar again, lost a lot, even after I got my fingers quasi hard again. I do not hit the notes I used to hit, nor as fast.... (I used to be a decent player by my own reckoning...)

I still pick a little buddy......

Walked the monster after exercising this morning and it was shorter than normal as she had to lift her feet up over the snow on each step. She enjoyed it though being she has so much fur. After the walk I had to keep a promise to my daughter who reminded me that last year was the first year since she can remember that we did not build a snowman (snow was dry and dusty the only time we had a good amount). So, we made one this morning even though it is supposed to get to 50° today. It is currently 43° with 10mph winds and we made it in an all-day shaded area so, it might last a day or two. We shall see.

20240212-120120.jpg

20240212-120103.jpg

Good morning folks.

Rainy and cold in the east.

My wife gave me the ol’ “I don’t want anything for Valentines Day” routine, which meant I had to search around the internet to find the right arrangement of roses to have delivered. And since we both work, have them delivered to a neighbor where I can pick them up after work, and so on. Always my least favorite holiday by a mile.

Cats need to show big improvement tonight. Here’s hoping.

Heading in on the subway. Have a good day guys.

Good morning folks.

My wife gave me the ol’ “I don’t want anything for Valentines Day” routine, which meant I had to search around the internet to find the right arrangement of roses to have delivered. And since we both work, have them delivered to a neighbor where I can pick them up after work, and so on. Always my least favorite holiday by a mile.

Don't do flowers anymore, she doesn't want them! I always get her a gift certificate to the place where she gets her hair and nails done, she always appreciates it!!!!!

Don't do flowers anymore, she doesn't want them! I always get her a gift certificate to the place where she gets her hair and nails done, she always appreciates it!!!!!

My Darling grows them Sir. If I ever buy any, they are in pots. (I don't buy them because I have a taste deficiency when it comes to picking out flowers My Darling wants to plant.) I do take her out to eat whenever I can talk her into it to give her breaks. ;)

The Director grew up in a situation where holidays/days of significance........didn't happen. Birthdays were mentioned but no celebrations of any sort.........none.........it took 10 yrs. to get her to celebrate Christmas, but no gifts.......I've given up on the other occasions.......except our anniversary...........I get her something every year.......against her wishes......

Good morning folks.

My wife says that every year too. I get her something anyway and get the same "I told you I didn't want anything" as she hands me a card and a gift.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT