ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

What is even more sad is that the kid is almost 20. He is old for his class.

It has absolutely nothing to do with age. And absolutely everything to do with lack of basketball experience against good competition, lack of knowledge of the game and game situations, and lack of basic basketball fundamentals.

I have said this from day one...anybody that knows anything about basketball would be able to see Skal's limitations in these areas from watching his first or 2nd pick up game in the summer on campus. Or, if for some reason you missed it there, then on the first day of practice.

Seeing this...and knowing he is only here for one year (yes, I still think he will be drafted 1st round based on size and potential) then stick to what he can do and hone those skills. And utilize those skills when he is in the game. Limit his minutes. Play him as a stretch 4...the position he is most comfortable playing...and where he will be playing in the NBA. You think he can't post up on offense now? Ha. Wait till he gets in the league. They will force him so far out of the lane that he will be posting up at the concession stand. No doubt he will be a stretch 4 in the league. None whatsoever.

Well I just read more confusing cal quotes about Skal. He said Skal is starting to get it...huhhhhhh. It's a process, but Skal is starting to earn his minutes back...huhhhh. After all that, he then said they (coaches) will do a better job managing his minutes, and not just throw him to the wolves...huhhhh.

I have no damn idea what that nonsense means and I don't think Cal does either. He's just trying to get this kid to believe, and I think for once Cal is kind of stumped as what to do. But, this 10mpg thing is almost right, and we would have won that damn auburn game of Cal didnt leave him in there to spark that Auburn run. 5-7mpg. That's more than generous, and more than he deserves. Give it to him if we can afford to. Do not play him in close games (12 is close enough...need 20+ to comfortably play Skal).

Smh. This is just a bad situation all around.

I'm all for Cal and his practice of recruiting guys that are ASSUMED to go pro after one year. If they prove they are worthy during the normal course of the year, fine. I do not agree with him going out of his way, to the detriment of the team, to help an individual. Give him extra individual training if he needs it, but don't give him minutes in a game that he doesn't deserve.

I agree, but in the grand scheme of things, it is I who is unreasonable. These are kids. They don't get paid. This is about their future. Blablabla blabla.

And I don't give a shit. I want Skal traded. I want him gone. He's embarrassing.

Guess its good we have someone like Cal looking out for the children because I sure wouldn't.

But, yea, I firmly believe all players should get the same treatment or else your team will be divided in some ways. Like there's no damn reason why Derek should get yanked because he can't guard fn guards. He ain't a guard. We have guards that can't guard guards. We have bigs that can't guard anybody, yet Derel, who isn't ok the court for his defense anyway, gets no room for error. If those are your rules, fine. They're stupid, but fine. Gotta apply that to all players, though.

Sigh.

It's a process, a long and stupid process. Just wish it was March. We'll be fine come March and you can bet that. I just wouldn't bet on a final 4, but we'll be good enough to make it there. That's why I love John. I just don't love the process. The process is a bitch. It's not fun.

VdweM3Ypivg7MwOtdzCI2c4oMHErgokJzT4yEmfj6UWWyyY7NBjGGndm8cdiGEJ4VpdxEg-ykbVI3amT3GapKwuWUlA48DcFVU5h2xmHwG7rRqQXuAKMKr-uuvmnW5aKWIEB-Bs11CYBz8rTMOKvWEillJd9hFWSSjBaKkXhFJ8_HuZ2C73NtJ6Zn9LYDhTt0M4Z8CVmGZSLoJ2xns9YhKkaGteS92txs5P6fao4HYGhctkuT7BglP1x1uti2jJ2_DW2cGD2tpcf44oqfjR_VEKNOnoxhj-JIWs4hnIC7FCeoCdTy1PVKgaAZ-2RjPxgYpC9py4MOD8NNzAMiCUCP1SDfw7oYZQQwjvSQkVCZGF7K78uO4KeBOxi1tRhTvY4dkEfZ7l1FU5ZkYtYYhRjMqXPyOG1dXbx_PogNmr8ZizzFPgmAYz9feDSmBNJgYVOwrU_7XlGAbvgMNwzteruXljrsC2RWtfjVAJJdKCO2bCqPmk6YFMc47FZHC76vBrxUbkxFWwWGksX79untDaGaWZu8yWBY30xTB7_0_gyK5csr4TG3TnfsQPDpzoTe2ZATbrk=w847-h635-no

haha, nah, I was just being intentionally redundant in order to accentuate it's embarrassingly small stature
Should have just rolled with it. Doesn't matter if it is a micro-penis with an attached dicket. You tell people even your penis has a pecker, they gonna assume you are packing lumber.

Remember when the basketball team made the player who did the dumbest shit in practice wear a UK football helmet for the rest of the day? Pretty sure if that was still in effect Skal might have to wear it for actual protective reasons.

1. It wouldn't fit his abnormally tall ass head

And

2. It would make him cry

So, you're an inconsiderate bully for even suggesting such a thing.

League starts tomorrow. Apparently some good players around these parts. Excited but scared that I'm going to 1) puke a lot, which may be a given and 2) completely embarrass myself.

Played high school ball in Washington/Colorado. Senior year averaged a robust 7/3/4 as a 6'3 forward. High scoring game of 16 on 3/4 from deep. Hit 11 total 3's all year, mind you. Athletic pinnacle, sadly.

At this point, just hoping to be better than the neighbor's friend I told you guys about the other day.

I hate feeling this way, my redass is usually reserved for football season but I'm really hating this basketball team. What's more - I'm genuinely disappointed in Cal this season. The staff and the players are doing a crappy job. It's like this is a throwaway year in basketball, 2013 all over again.

Blow a 12 point second half lead to freaking Auburn? You got a player problem and a coaching problem. No excuse. What a complete disappointment Skal, Poythress and Lee are. Completely useless. It's like we went through a crop of bigs that were just spaced out - Stein (at times), Skal, Lee and Poythress all seem like they would rather be reading a book or coloring somewhere or doing arts and crafts or chasing butterflies through a field.

I mean, your 6-8, 6-10? you are an elite athlete playing the game you love...please explain to me how 5'-9" Tyler Ulis out rebounds you? how you can't score more than 2-4 points? Pitiful.

And Calipari - very disappointed in him this year. Maybe get your lineup figured out. Motivate your team? Don't lose to pitiful teams like Ohio St. and Auburn that have no business being on the court with us...give us some indication you can beat a team when you don't have an overwhelming advantage in talent? You've shown you can blow a 12 point lead - can you come back from 10-12 down? No indication you can do it, Cal.

Time to pull a rabbit out of your hat and show you are more than a recruiter.

I hate feeling this way, my redass is usually reserved for football season but I'm really hating this basketball team. What's more - I'm genuinely disappointed in Cal this season. The staff and the players are doing a crappy job. It's like this is a throwaway year in basketball, 2013 all over again.

Blow a 12 point second half lead to freaking Auburn? You got a player problem and a coaching problem. No excuse. What a complete disappointment Skal, Poythress and Lee are. Completely useless. It's like we went through a crop of bigs that were just spaced out - Stein (at times), Skal, Lee and Poythress all seem like they would rather be reading a book or coloring somewhere or doing arts and crafts or chasing butterflies through a field.

I mean, your 6-8, 6-10? you are an elite athlete playing the game you love...please explain to me how 5'-9" Tyler Ulis out rebounds you? how you can't score more than 2-4 points? Pitiful.

And Calipari - very disappointed in him this year. Maybe get your lineup figured out. Motivate your team? Don't lose to pitiful teams like Ohio St. and Auburn that have no business being on the court with us...give us some indication you can beat a team when you don't have an overwhelming advantage in talent? You've shown you can blow a 12 point lead - can you come back from 10-12 down? No indication you can do it, Cal.

Time to pull a rabbit out of your hat and show you are more than a recruiter.
Tyler Ulis is the only steady player. Jamal Murray is almost steady. Everyone else is inconsistent. Skal is bad all the time.

@Kooky Kats and I both posted H is O posts within seconds of each other.

It's gon' snow.

Wife has to have a root canal on Friday. That oughta be fun. She has to be drugged.

Guessing on about 2.5 days of work this week.
Video tape her drugged for future reference and blackmail.

We will go tomorrow. No on Wed and may be not on Thursday and Friday. We shall see. I don't enjoy snow days as much as I use to since I got remarried lol.

2 potentially on tonight. Cuse at Duke and Oklahoma at ISU.

Dammit Jed! I just told you I was one show behind. How about a spoiler alert?
Sorry brother. I'll be more careful

Andy about to get trapped in cave. Townspeople been makin fun of ole Barn for pulling gun on Mr. Melborn at his own bank. So after a cave in after Helen and Andy do get out. But Barney doesn't know that and organized a massive search and rescue. So to spar Barney's morale, Andy goes back in to make sure Barney does save him and Helen.

Like I said, I'll be more careful. [banana]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT