ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Glad you made it safely. How did you transport beer on the plane? Checked luggage or purchase in the secure area of the airport?
Checked baggage. Also checked my folding bicycle and case. 74 lbs total. Back pre-9/11, I remember bringing 10 liters of beer (5 liter mini-keg and ten 0.5 liter bottles once on a transatlantic flight from Frankfurt to NY. In those days, folks could also smoke in the cabin. How times have changed. Some changes were needed, like no smoking. But I sure miss carrying beer on flights.

I heard that Trump will be on campus next week giving a speech in the gym that I usually go to over lunch. Seems odd. I live in one of the most liberal counties in Iowa. Obama was here a few years back, it was interesting to see all the secret service guys everywhere. Motorcade went right by my office in the book repository.

Checked baggage. Also checked my folding bicycle and case. 74 lbs total. Back pre-9/11, I remember bringing 10 liters of beer (5 liter mini-keg and ten 0.5 liter bottles once on a transatlantic flight from Frankfurt to NY. In those days, folks could also smoke in the cabin. How times have changed. Some changes were needed, like no smoking. But I sure miss carrying beer on flights.
My wife had a work trip to Bermuda several years ago. We bought airline tix for me & our daughter to go. We found out that food is very expensive there, so we packed a checked bag full of non-perishable food (checked bags were still free then).

I heard that Trump will be on campus next week giving a speech in the gym that I usually go to over lunch. Seems odd. I live in one of the most liberal counties in Iowa. Obama was here a few years back, it was interesting to see all the secret service guys everywhere. Motorcade went right by my office in the book repository.

Is there by any chance a grassy knoll anywhere near your office?

My wife had a work trip to Bermuda several years ago. We bought airline tix for me & our daughter to go. We found out that food is very expensive there, so we packed a checked bag full of non-perishable food (checked bags were still free then).
I'd so love to visit Bermuda again, but have heard it is very expensive there. Only time we stopped was on a flight between London Heathrow and Orlando in October, 1986. Our brief stay was limited to roughly 2 hours at the airport.

I'd so love to visit Bermuda again, but have heard it is very expensive there. Only time we stopped was on a flight between London Heathrow and Orlando in October, 1986. Our brief stay was limited to roughly 2 hours at the airport.
I always refer to Bermuda as the nicest place that I will probably never go back to. Food is expensive there. No fast food on the island (closest thing is a KFC). Foreigners are not allowed to drive. The bus system is good (easy enough that I navigated it). Just a very nice, clean, quaint little island.

-- Gonzaga got beat last night. I love it. That may make me a hater but I don't care. I get so damn tired of hearing every year how good they are just to watch them fail in the end. They got beat last night by a decent BYU (13-5) team, but before that game they played:

Portland(8-11) 85-74 W
San Fran(9-8) 102-94 OT W
Santa Clara(7-12) 79-77 W
Loyola Marymount(8-9) 85-62 W

They beat those teams and automatically they get back into the rankings. Well, I will love looking at the rankings next week and not see their name on there

Agreed!

Last night they were talking about how big a threat Kyle W. was from inside to outside. All I could do was laugh as Kyle played matador defense and waved the offensive players past him so they could get layups.

ahhh the happiness...

12391442_1233192213361918_6019210462921680961_n.jpg

11059616_10152685340452217_2087374048466946738_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT