ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Just saw Austin. Love that guy. Ya'll I wish y'all were as lucky as me to be able to hang with him. What a blessing. Hopefully we gonna hit some breweries on Monday.

Man, told him, I wish the D League were close in location with everyone.

Got lucky so far with LEK and Through Blue.

Man I remember when Through Blue and got effing torched in Daytonaa. Man o man.

Won't say anything about LEK. Ha ha

Just saw Austin. Love that guy. Ya'll I wish y'all were as lucky as me to be able to hang with him. What a blessing. Hopefully we gonna hit some breweries on Monday.

Y'all have fun.

It is my goal to meet some of the D league in person.

Herod…sorry to hear about your relative. Always sucks to lose a relative…but that's gotta be a major kick in the nads to lose (what i presume is your cousin) one that is the same age and whom you grew up with.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hang in there, brother.
Yeah, she was a cousin. We literally lived next door to each other. Had her sister as my Chemistry teacher in High School. It was basically like a second family. Just sucks.

Good Saturday morning D.

I haven't checked but should be much much football and basketball on today. I don't plan on going farther than my front porch.

Busy week. But a good week.

It would indeed be cool to meet up with some D folks. That is on my to do list.

Be safe all and have a great day.

Austin says this April Jerry. The three of us could met at my house.

Thanks, bro. Awesome seeing you and the misses again last night. Man, I was sure tore up. Head hurts a little bit this morning.

Actual conversation with wife yesterday afternoon...

Wife, after seeing a clip of David Bowie on TV: "Still can't believe he's gone."
Me: "I know...Alan Rickman too."
Wife: "Who's that?"
Me: "Hans Gruber in Diehard."
Wife: "Who?"
Me: "He was Snape in Harry Potter."
Wife (blank stare): "Not sure..."
Me: "Uhhhhhhh....British guy #4 in a turtleneck in Love, Actually?"
Wife: "Ohhhhh...that's so sad!"
Me: "......I'm scared to ask how you know of David Bowie..."
Wife: "He was the mean guy in Labyrinth!"
Me: "Of course."

o_O

That Austin is a goodun.

Actual conversation with wife yesterday afternoon...

Wife, after seeing a clip of David Bowie on TV: "Still can't believe he's gone."
Me: "I know...Alan Rickman too."
Wife: "Who's that?"
Me: "Hans Gruber in Diehard."
Wife: "Who?"
Me: "He was Snape in Harry Potter."
Wife (blank stare): "Not sure..."
Me: "Uhhhhhhh....British guy #4 in a turtleneck in Love, Actually?"
Wife: "Ohhhhh...that's so sad!"
Me: "......I'm scared to ask how you know of David Bowie..."
Wife: "He was the mean guy in Labyrinth!"
Me: "Of course."

o_O

Riveting.

63 in Charleston. Going to get to the bottom of the leaking radiator today before the rain arrives later. Wendy's chili must be good. 2 tables next to me both have chili and I was in awe watching 2 guys just demolished a bucket of chili. The 4 dollar meal deal is plenty enough for me now. 20 years ago I could knock out a triple cheese combo and think nothing of it. Not anymore.

Reactions: UKGrad93
Little guy balled out this morning. If he ever figures out how to defend through a pick, he's gonna be all right. At one point I told him he should pass the ball, and he did, but his coach told him to keep shooting. Well, OK. Broke a few ankles.

Bday tomorrow. Yeah boy.

Had a dr. app't yesterday, so I turned it into a 'mental health' day. I'm sure Jerry has had a few of those. Couldn't deal with any more needy people this week at work.

Expecting a rock fight this afternoon v. Auburn. Cats by 9. Low scoring game.

Cold. I hate days where it gets colder as the day goes on.

Hope LEK and KSizzle have a fun time. Keep the pickle juice away from him, KS.

Kid across the street has a friend who comes over to shoot around frequently. The friend is TERRIBLE. Like, shockingly bad. The anti-Speerz/Funky's son. They are out there all the time and while I don't watch them intently like a creeper, I'm not sure I've ever seen the friend hit one shot from any distance.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKGrad93
It stands to be noted that the only reason I 'brag' on my kid's sports accomplishments is because I am amazed that they can do anything at all. I was such a non-athlete that I'm surprised they can walk upright. Wife played (slow pitch) softball and was ok, but neither of us is athletic at all. Genetics are weird.
My little dude is infinitely more athletic than his older brother... Aggressiveness is everything.

Will be out of "Costa Rican" coffee tomorrow and I'll be sad. It was a gift and came in a brown paper bag with a little white label that says "Costa Rican". Would like to have some more but who knows what it actually is?

Take my tequila straight. No salt, no lime, no bullshit.

No prediction on the game today. Have no clue what will happen and neither does anyone else. According to biorhythms, Poythress may or may not show up to play.

Only have one person in the whole world on ignore and I must say, it has greatly enhanced not only my d league reading experience, but the rest of the Paddock is a finer place to be as well.

Reactions: catfaninsc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT