ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

• Hanes calf high white socks: basic sock to wear in the winter, has grey heals and Hanes in red. But no. Hanes had to sometimes change that up too. Sometimes Hanes is in red, sometimes grey. They also changed the blend or thickness of the socks. Don't get 'em matched up right, it feels wrong.
Wearing Hanes calf-high white socks as I type this message. You are correct, I also noticed differences for the same style.

My kid DGAF about socks. She puts them on her feet when we ask her, but doesn't care if they match, feel the same, etc... I took her sledding a few days ago (20°). She got snow in her boot and pulled it off to dump it out. No socks.
eek.gif

Tough young lady. I must have socks on when outside in snow.

I only wear Hanes mid-calf or whatever, but yeah there are like three different kinds of those in my drawers. I just have to put them on before the wife notices.

Speaking of which, why do women ask men which shoew, jewelry, scarf, ascot, whatever, to wear with their outfit? I'm not wearing it, and I'm pretty sure today is not the day where you get discovered by a modeling agency only to have them change their mind based on the color of charm that is on your bracelet ...

Need a basketball game.

Science Break:

This Hubble image shows the galaxy NGC 1132. Which is, most likely, a cosmic fossil. It is the aftermath of an enormous multi-galactic pile-up, where the carnage of collision after collision has built up a brilliant but fuzzy giant elliptical galaxy far outshining typical galaxies.
heic0804a.jpg

This galaxy along with the small dwarf galaxies surrounding it, are dubbed a "fossil group" as they are most likely the remains of a group of galaxies that merged together in the recent past.

The image shows NGC 1132 surrounded by thousands of ancient globular clusters, swarming around the galaxy like bees around a hive. These clusters are likely to be the survivors of the disruption of their cannibalized parent galaxies that have been assimilated by NGC 1132 and may reveal its merger history. The background reveals a view of hundreds of galaxies that are much further away

I never drink coffee and I know this "no junk food" challenge won't be as hard as I think it is come this weekend (hahaha yeah right), but I'm dragging as well right now. I need some damn caffeine. Bout to walk to the cafeteria and snatch some tea... either that or just straight up snort a scoop of C4 right here in the clinic. I need a 7 hour nap. JS.

Three shots of expresso will perk you right up.

Only if I can buy.

You have season tickets right? If not, let's hook up one of the Saturday games in metro at a bar. I'm in st Matthews, but agreeable to anywhere.

If it was a performance like last night, we may just yell the whole time.

I don't have season tickets. Just get lucky sometimes. I'm cool with St. Matthews. It's only 25 minutes from kaizerville. I actually used to live in that area. But that was 15 years ago so I'll let you choose the joint.

East of Metro.

This Saturday is no good for me and I'm going to the Vandy game so not that one. How about the Auburn game on the 16th @ 4pm? We might actually win that one so it might be more fun. And I don't care which joint. I'll leave that up to you. Beer and food. Those are my only two requirements.

East of Metro.

This Saturday is no good for me and I'm going to the Vandy game so not that one. How about the Auburn game on the 16th @ 4pm? We might actually win that one so it might be more fun. And I don't care which joint. I'll leave that up to you. Beer and food. Those are my only two requirements.
East of Metro.

Was thinking same. Email me muhhamid_ali@yahoo.com

Pick me up in the Porsche?

So this is a real thing in Metro school systems for Friday. Probably just some kid who has a test on Friday so he called in a bomb threat…but it's real all the same.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- On Thursday afternoon, Jefferson County Public Schools held a press conference on the Heightened Security Alert that has been declared for all JCPS schools on Friday, Jan. 8.

Dr. Michael Raisor, JCPS Director of Operations, said the threat had been received through the Louisville Metro Police tip line. He declined to elaborate further on the nature of the threat, but said that schools would be on Heightened Security Alert, meaning that security would be increased at the doors, and movement would be reduced -- both in school hallways and just outside the schools.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/30912530/...rence-on-heightened-security-alert-for-friday

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT