ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Morning DL folks.

32 this morning. High of 36. Gonna be cold next few nights.

Jason, that's pretty telling about the poopouri. Wish I had some to test out now. Yes I mean at this very moment.

Back to work today.

Be safe all and have a great day. Catch y'all after work more than likely.

Am i the only person who roots for UofL to win every game that isn't against UK? Now when it come to Kansas & UNC...I hope they lose every game they play. Those two schools are the closest to UK in all time wins...so I always want them to lose so we can increase our lead on them. But UofL is like 11th or 12th on the all time wins list with absolutely no chance to catch UK.

Soooo...just like every other team we play (except Kansas & UNC) I hope UofL wins every other game. Makes our win against them look better, makes the rivalry more fun, makes beating them more fun, helps our SOS for NCAA tourney seeding, etc...Because when it is all said and done all that matters is winning #9. And a better seed makes that possibility a little easier if only ever so slightly.

Am I alone on this one? Hello? Anybody in there?

I went to UofL for a few years so I sort of like UofL, so I am about like you. HOWEVER, most UK fans simply hate UofL with a passion and I understand.

I was going to UofL when they hired Denny Crum. I went to the airport with a couple of my UofL classmates and Denny got off the plane lambasting UK and how they were going to take UK's place in basketball lore. That is when I quit going to the UofL games.

32 here also.

I missed the hell out of Jason. No bathroom smells in the D-League. Kept wondering what the hell was wrong. Now I know!

Took a less than hot shower today. Guess the pilot is out on the water heater. It happens about twice a year, but I sure don't like to light the pilot as I am scared of natural gas. I remember the Discovery Channel show twenty years ago showing a hot water heater becoming a rocket and going through the roof of the house.

I watched LSU lose to Wake Forest last week at Baton Rouge. UofL handled Wake Forest a lot better last night than LSU; however, LSU will not treat UK as nicely as they did Wake Forest. I expect a war and I expect Simmons to go off on UK. UK will have to play a good game Tuesday to get out with a win. Expect a fist fight with the refs being on LSU's side.

LSU will bring back Dale Brown and some body will be dug up from the local cemetery and will be lowered down from the ceiling and half way down come back to life. That is what I expect. I am not paranoid; however, I do hear the footsteps behind me.[eyeroll]

I went to UofL for a few years so I sort of like UofL, so I am about like you. HOWEVER, most UK fans simply hate UofL with a passion and I understand.

I was going to UofL when they hired Denny Crum. I went to the airport with a couple of my UofL classmates and Denny got off the plane lambasting UK and how they were going to take UK's place in basketball lore. That is when I quit going to the UofL games.

Damn Bert, I bet you remember when the Ohio river was just a creek too..You old fart!

12360308_996433770414425_7649385970741440429_n.jpg

• Morning, D-League posters and lurkers.
  • 33° in Johns Creek. Clear.
  • Tom Leach Show going.
  • Dark Magic going.
  • little bitty page numbers.
  • All of LSU fans will turn out for the Cats. We could lose if we are inconsistent. Our defense is the key to winning. If it wasn't so far I would go to the game.
  • Over.

• Mack Jones going.
  • Good news on Dom's ankle. Might only miss only 1 game.
  • QB just brought me 2 perfect OM eggs on a piece of buttered toast. Goooooooood.
  • How long since you have had a fresh hen egg? For me probably 60 years.
  • Over.
Buddy of mine raises chickens, while I havent gotten any in a few months, this summer, we were all over it, getting a dozen a week.

I talked to a guy in Roswell one time about making his bond. He was in a conflict with the City of Roswell about raising chickens in the city limits. A former Georgia Governor was representing him in court. I offered to comp his bond. His lawyer got him an ROR bond, and he wound up not needing me.

The poor man did not have any money, It's pretty hard to fight City Hall without any money. The poor soul committed suicide.

Sad. He just wanted to raise his chickens.

Just scanned back a few pages to see what all the fuss was about. Here's my take...same as my old take...

Anyone/everyone is welcome to post in the D. By definition it is a thread for the humble masses.

But just as all are welcome to post randomly...all are welcome to speak their mind. Nothing wrong with ranting here or there about the direction this thread has taken. The D was built on good rants.

Both entities can flourish in the D. Just keep the name calling and personal battles in the other threads.

Only thing I don't like about the new D is that it is hard for me to keep up. So i miss stuff. And my posting usually feeds off of other posts. What can I say? I'm an unoriginal bastich. So sometimes I see posts that stimulate my need to respond. Sometimes I dont. But I have also been very busy lately.

Doesn't mean anyone should stop posting here or change the way they post. Also, it's good to stir the pot every now and again. Gets the juices flowing. Keeps you on your toes. It's good to have your comfort zone rattled occasionally.

As always...my advice is to not take things too seriously. Other than the lives that are saved it is otherwise just a meaningless thread on a meaningless message board.

As per always...the D shall survive and advance.

Just scanned back a few pages to see what all the fuss was about. Here's my take...same as my old take...

Anyone/everyone is welcome to post in the D. By definition it is a thread for the humble masses.

But just as all are welcome to post randomly...all are welcome to speak their mind. Nothing wrong with ranting here or there about the direction this thread has taken. The D was built on good rants.

Both entities can flourish in the D. Just keep the name calling and personal battles in the other threads.

Only thing I don't like about the new D is that it is hard for me to keep up. So i miss stuff. And my posting usually feeds off of other posts. What can I say? I'm an unoriginal bastich. So sometimes I see posts that stimulate my need to respond. Sometimes I dont. But I have also been very busy lately.

Doesn't mean anyone should stop posting here or change the way they post. Also, it's good to stir the pot every now and again. Gets the juices flowing. Keeps you on your toes. It's good to have your comfort zone rattled occasionally.

As always...my advice is to not take things too seriously. Other than the lives that are saved it is otherwise just a meaningless thread on a meaningless message board.

Politics could be in your future. I liked your post.

• Huge news. Rick Pitino lies.

He went through all that bullshit about Katina being a liar and the book publishers lying, then in the end he says that something scurrilous happened but it was just one guy. One guy may have masterminded the whole deal, doubt it, but maybe. One guy didn't attend the parties by himself, or allow the whores to be in Minardi Hall.

I am so glad he'll be leaving there in disgrace. Those insufferable bitches have told us since he came that Cal would be caught cheating. He who laughs last...

KS, good post. FCC.

He went through all that bullshit about Katina being a liar and the book publishers lying, then in the end he says that something scurrilous happened but it was just one guy. One guy may have masterminded the whole deal, doubt it, but maybe. One guy didn't attend the parties by himself, or allow the whores to be in Minardi Hall.

I am so glad he'll be leaving there in disgrace. Those insufferable bitches have told us since he came that Cal would be caught cheating. He who laughs last...

Good one ymmot. What got me is he said the same thing about 4 times. Kept going in circles. He said that things didn't bother him anymore and almost in the same sentence said that certain things caused him to loose sleep. Bless his heart. FCC.

My FF breakdown/insult-a-thon. Ranked from last to first place in the final standings.
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/tools/finalstandings?leagueId=1245060

14. @Willy4UK 2-11. You should be ashamed. Man Card revoked.
13. @jedwar 6-7. You had one of the better overall records and came in next to last after the playoffs. For shame
12. @maverick1 3-10. It's like you didn't even try except for that one week against me.
11. @krazykats 6-7. You named your team after a child abuser and also came in next-to-next-to-next-last. Just awful.
10. @AustinTXCat 7-6 a winning record and 5th worst in the standings ... terrible
9. Me 5-8. I'm awesome.
8. @Kooky Kats (I think) 6-7 congrats. You're the best of the losers.
7. @UKGrad93 7-6 wow. a winning record. still terrible.
6. @UK_Norm 7-6 (I think) Your team name besmirches the good reputation of the Gatlinburg Papa Johns
5. @GhostVol 7-6 congrats on joining the mediocre club of 7-6ers
4. @-LEK- 7-6 last of the 'winners' bracket is still last. Get out.
3. @Kaizer Sosay 7-6 Two time winner comes in third place. That's embarrassing
2. @GonzoCat90 11-2 You lost to some pothead. I can't imagine a worse thing to happen.
1. @Mashburned 10-3 how'd you luck into that? obviously a fluke. GGP.

Overall, just a terrible season of fantasmagorical foosball. May all the bad things of this world happen to you and you alone.

My vent of the day. There used to be shame in begging. Not any more. The bums even use props now. This woman approached me today with a effing neck brace on. I have been in a neck brace before. I could barely move. She saw me get out of the work truck and made a beeline. I gave her a buck just to avoid the sob story

My vent of the day. There used to be shame in begging. Not any more. The bums even use props now. This woman approached me today with a effing neck brace on. I have been in a neck brace before. I could barely move. She saw me get out of the work truck and made a beeline. I gave her a buck just to avoid the sob story

do what I always do Ghost. Approach them and ask for money before they ask you for money.

It confuses them.

-- every day that I present myself in public with nice, green and pearly white eyes I become more indebted to @maverick1 This man is nothing short of an angel sent from the heavens. Take that shit to the bank.

-- Cold af in soky
He is also a master skunk killer/baiter...WTF else you know that hunts those stinky bastards in their underwear?.....That's right NOBODY!

pepe_le_pew_300.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT