ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

th

sorry to have been so abrupt. I really appreciate your comments.
There are a couple-three D members I've wanted to send a message to, to explain where I stand - but unfortunately, it seems that I can't get the option to work.
Just know you're in my thoughts
You can only start a conversation/message if you're a paying member I believe. If that's what you're talking about.

Science Break:

Not what it seems. First observed 1877, Stephan's Quintet is the first compact group ever discovered. But all is not what it seems. This galaxy quintet reveals an assortment of stars across a wide colour range, from young, blue stars to aging, red stars. But the name is a rouse. Group member NGC 7320, at upper left, is actually a foreground galaxy that is about seven times closer to Earth than the rest of the group.
heic0910i.jpg

Three of the galaxies have distorted shapes, elongated spiral arms, and long, gaseous tidal tails containing myriad star clusters, proof of their close encounters. These interactions have sparked a frenzy of star birth in the central pair of galaxies. This drama is being played out against a rich backdrop of faraway galaxies.

NGC 7319, at top right, is a barred spiral with distinct spiral arms that follow nearly 180 degrees back to the bar. The blue specks in the spiral arm at the top of NGC 7319 and the red dots just above and to the right of the core are clusters of many thousands of stars. Most of the Quintet is too far away even for Hubble to resolve individual stars.

Continuing clockwise, the next galaxy appears to have two cores, but it is actually two galaxies, NGC 7318A and NGC 7318B. Encircling the galaxies are young, bright blue star clusters and pinkish clouds of glowing hydrogen where infant stars are being born. These stars are less than 10 million years old and have not yet blown away their natal cloud. Far away from the galaxies, at right, is a patch of intergalactic space where many star clusters are forming.

NGC 7317, at bottom left, is a normal-looking elliptical galaxy that is less affected by the interactions.

Sharply contrasting with these galaxies is the dwarf galaxy NGC 7320 at upper left. Bursts of star formation are occurring in the galaxy's disc, as seen by the blue and pink dots. In this galaxy, Hubble can resolve individual stars, evidence that NGC 7320 is closer to Earth. NGC 7320 is 40 million light-years from Earth. The other members of the Quintet reside about 300 million light-years away in the constellation Pegasus.

These more distant members are markedly redder than the foreground galaxy, suggesting that older stars reside in their cores. The stars' light also may be further reddened by dust stirred up in the encounters.

Last edited:
Days are about 11 mins longer since December 21.

Great game last night. Really enjoyed it.

Tuesday's game will be tough. Expect an L.

Need to figure out some supper. Fat man gotta eat

YES to the days being longer. There's still a chance for better weather!

Am i the only person who roots for UofL to win every game that isn't against UK? Now when it come to Kansas & UNC...I hope they lose every game they play. Those two schools are the closest to UK in all time wins...so I always want them to lose so we can increase our lead on them. But UofL is like 11th or 12th on the all time wins list with absolutely no chance to catch UK.

Soooo...just like every other team we play (except Kansas & UNC) I hope UofL wins every other game. Makes our win against them look better, makes the rivalry more fun, makes beating them more fun, helps our SOS for NCAA tourney seeding, etc...Because when it is all said and done all that matters is winning #9. And a better seed makes that possibility a little easier if only ever so slightly.

Am I alone on this one? Hello? Anybody in there?

Am i the only person who roots for UofL to win every game that isn't against UK? Now when it come to Kansas & UNC...I hope they lose every game they play. Those two schools are the closest to UK in all time wins...so I always want them to lose so we can increase our lead on them. But UofL is like 11th or 12th on the all time wins list with absolutely no chance to catch UK.

Soooo...just like every other team we play (except Kansas & UNC) I hope UofL wins every other game. Makes our win against them look better, makes the rivalry more fun, makes beating them more fun, helps our SOS for NCAA tourney seeding, etc...Because when it is all said and done all that matters is winning #9. And a better seed makes that possibility a little easier if only ever so slightly.

There is a lot of good in what you say.......................NOT. Hope they lose every game. But when we do meet I like both teams being highly ranked. So I guess I can't have it both ways.

I'm not with you on this. You know why I feel like I do. I'm with you on a great majority of your posts, just can't grant on this one. What we hope for really doesn't affect the outcome anyway.

I keep forgetting to ask if any of yall are running gas out onto the ground now that it is so cheap. I paid <$1.80/gal yesterday.

$1.77/gal in kaizerville. But i don't run gasoline out onto the ground. That's silly and wasteful. In the kingdom of kaizerville we make much better use of the over-abundance of cheap gasoline...

There is a lot of good in what you say.......................NOT. Hope they lose every game. But when we do meet I like both teams being highly ranked. So I guess I can't have it both ways.

Exactly.

Much more fun to beat UofL when they are ranked. And to take it even a step further...I will say that it was absolutely the most fun ever to beat them in the Final Four. End their season. Keep them from making the championship game. That was the ultimate.

I know i am in the minority here...but i wish we played them every single year in the Big Dance.

Cats looked good Saturday. We actually remembered how to rebound the ball. Skal showed some life. He's still got a ways to go but methinks he gets there by March. Murray played more under control. Ulis is in top form. I'm telling you guys that this team will be a force in March.

And i'm not worried that much about LSU Tuesday night. I don't think they are that good. Sure Simmons will get his. But i say back off of him and make him beat you from the arc. He isn't shooting the ball particularly well from deep and he is much more dangerous as a playmaker driving to the hoop. I would also run some double teams his way. Especially when the shot clock is winding down.

And i would attack him on the other end. Whoever he is guarding...attack him. Get him in foul trouble.

Cats 74
LSU 68

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT