ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Feels like our whole team has two fouls and Grant Hill was wanting more called late in the half...one of the other announcers first play of the game, a Tennessee player trips and falls and he says something like "Kentucky is playing physical early on"...he fell down dipsh-t
UT shot 13 FTs to UKs 2. 5 guys with 2 fouls. Should have plenty of fresh legs for the 2nd half.

200w.gif

Yes!! Little sister dropped in during the semi-meltdown in last few minutes. God, talk about bad timing. This team is special. Man, what a game. Double bye, good seed. Biggest win in years! I think Cal figured out his rotation.

I seriously hope Cal can just stay out of this team's way enough to let them play. Got some killers on this squad!

Most people don't seem to care, but back when Adolph Rupp and UK got in trouble with NCAA, UT was the only school to stand up for UK and Rupp never forgot that. He was going to defy the NCAA and play a schedule despite them. All the SEC schools had privately told Rupp they would play, but the NCAA put pressure on the SEC and forced a vote. The only school who lived up to their word and voted pro UK was UT. After that any time he could, Rupp helped UT. Even though it has been many years ago, I try and remember how Adolph felt about them.

Good Sunday morning everyone.

Well, despite maybe the worst last minute of a game I've ever seen.... we won. Awesome game. I think we owe a lot to Ugo and Thiero's defense early in the game. TN was intimidated. Reeves and Shepherd were awesome, and Edwards really has come around lately. Looking forward to the tourney now.

It looks like I may miss Friday's game....watching a nephew play HS baseball. It will be the first time I've had a chance to see him play. The next game I'll be driving home from a meeting and will listen on the radio.

We've got a couple of special presentations at church today from Creation.com (sp). Watch some of the games between sessions and then off to the lake tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 47°F, cloudy with a light wind. Today's high may reach 66°F.

Yesterday's game: Only 5 Cats scored. But it was enough. Edwards, Reeves. Dillingham and Sheppard went 15-24 from Trey-ville. Those 4 players collectively shot over 60% from downtown. Just incredible. 9 blocks surely helped the effort. Nobody in the country can beat such offense and defense. Keep it going, Cats!

Income taxes: Nearly finished with return. Looks like gonna owe IRS big this year. Bah!

Packing more later today. Taking Pop-Tarts over to Germany for a old friend. And bourbon for another old friend.

Wishing y'all a delightful Sunday.

Ranch-Dressing-Day-TN.jpg

Good morning folks. Still buzzing about the Cats' win. Everything coming together at the right time for this team.

Great to see Edwards' development, especially after the ignoramuses on Rupp spent all of November, DEcember and most of January saying the kid had no talent. It was obvious from the first day he had talent -- just like it was with Ron Mercer, who also took a while to find his comfort zone. Anyway, not a day to be negative. A great day to be a Cats fan.

Back from a long hike. IT is a beautiful late winter morning in the east. Hope you all have a great day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT