ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

Paid for the fishing trip with a flare up of plantar fasciitis last night which had me walking gingerly around the house. But after a bit of massaging and stretching followed by a lot of icing down it feels a lot better this morning. Was going to go fishing again this morning since the next few days start a cooling trend with some possible rain. Nope, going to rest it until the next 70° plus day.

Tried to post pictures of them last night but there seems to be problem posting that picture. Hopefully my Legionnaire shows up this morning.

Well folks, Monday, Monday...la la la la la la I used to hate that day...la la la la la la.

Have a Blessed day and stay safe out there.

Good morning everyone.

A much needed near 8 hours sleep for me last night. It's been a while. Even retired I have difficulty sleeping. For those who are still working when do you plan to retire?

At the Men's Event that our church attended the men could shoot shotguns at clay targets. The "competition" got boring to me (I've shot a lot ;) ) so I kinda missed one and went on to the throwing/strength events. I'm still new at the church and the pastor is new (25 years younger and 150# heavier) and I trash talked him the entire morning. He ended up winning 2 of those events so we had a good day. We found out we have lifting in common, except I pretty much quit 10 years ago.

I still haven't sneaked a peak over at RR. It may be best.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning Legionnaires!

Paid for the fishing trip with a flare up of plantar fasciitis last night which had me walking gingerly around the house. But after a bit of massaging and stretching followed by a lot of icing down it feels a lot better this morning. Was going to go fishing again this morning since the next few days start a cooling trend with some possible rain. Nope, going to rest it until the next 70° plus day.

Tried to post pictures of them last night but there seems to be problem posting that picture. Hopefully my Legionnaire shows up this morning.

Well folks, Monday, Monday...la la la la la la I used to hate that day...la la la la la la.

Have a Blessed day and stay safe out there.

Yeah the pic you posted didn't show BUT, when I was going to do a reply, they showed up in the reply. Weird how that works. Gooduns!

Just looked again and now the pic doesn't show. They are nice though.

Good morning folks.

Another Monday. 67 to go not counting mandatory holidays until I hit 70 and retire. Until then it’ll be my least favorite day. I’ll probably drop dead the first Monday after I quit. (Nah, I’ll be around for a while I think.)

Gonna get warmer today in the east. We had a beautiful Sunday and more warm weather to come.

Last week of the regular basketball season. Whatever happens after that, it has been a treat watching these kids develop and find their college game. Bradshaw, Wagner, Dillingham, Edwards, Z, Sheppard. They’ve all had great moments.

I need to get to work. Have a good day folks.

Good morning everyone.

A much needed near 8 hours sleep for me last night. It's been a while. Even retired I have difficulty sleeping. For those who are still working when do you plan to retire?

At the Men's Event that our church attended the men could shoot shotguns at clay targets. The "competition" got boring to me (I've shot a lot ;) ) so I kinda missed one and went on to the throwing/strength events. I'm still new at the church and the pastor is new (25 years younger and 150# heavier) and I trash talked him the entire morning. He ended up winning 2 of those events so we had a good day. We found out we have lifting in common, except I pretty much quit 10 years ago.

I still haven't sneaked a peak over at RR. It may be best.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Ha,

Sounds like churches I have attended previously.

I was at church yesterday morning and walking in I was standing at one entrance and I finally met our pastor (One-on-One). (He's been there nearly a year now. (Big church.) (We have three services and one Latino service.)The ole boy is from Louisiana and to look at him initially looks okay. I'd say he is in his 40's. (Early). Has some young kids. Stands about 5'8" to 5'9" maybe.

I have always liked his sermons as I am used to Assemblies of God and that type though this is a Baptist church. I shook hands with the Ole boy and his hands were like sand paper. Made me like him even more. It is not normal to have hands like that unless you do some serious manual labor. (Been there done that for a LOT of years.) My Darling and I are getting ready to formally join this month.

Just an aside....

Good morning folks.

Another Monday. 67 to go not counting mandatory holidays until I hit 70 and retire. Until then it’ll be my least favorite day. I’ll probably drop dead the first Monday after I quit. (Nah, I’ll be around for a while I think.)

Gonna get warmer today in the east. We had a beautiful Sunday and more warm weather to come.

Last week of the regular basketball season. Whatever happens after that, it has been a treat watching these kids develop and find their college game. Bradshaw, Wagner, Dillingham, Edwards, Z, Sheppard. They’ve all had great moments.

I need to get to work. Have a good day folks.
I'll be 77 soon enough. I enjoy what I do enough that I'll continue to do so at my own time and pace for as long as I am up to it. I worked long enough to draw a small pension at the "atomic plant" near Paducah. At one time they said the average retiree at that plant lived 18 months. I think it is important to keep busy. Of course, the uranium enrichment at the plant brought the average retiree age down some. They said not to eat the animals or fish taken near the plant. They ran city water from Paducah to a small town near the plant because the water was unsafe. They give me a free physical ever so often for having worked there. The last one was last fall.

Went to an old friends house this afternoon at around 3pm because his wife had texted us that he was now on hospice care because he had taken a turn for the worse. We knew his cancer had returned and he had spent some time in the hospital in Lawton and OKC. Doctor told them he would probably not make it through the night. While he was not responsive, we could tell he knew we were there as his eyes looked our way a couple of times. We stayed until around 5pm talking and reminiscing with his wife, sons, and daughter about our times with him and karate as he was one of our black belts.

After leaving and returning home, I had only been in the house for about 15 minutes when she texted us to tell us he had passed on. Glad I got the chance to say goodbye. He was a good man. Below is a picture a few months ago at Golden Corral. He is the one sitting next to me. Skin used to be black, but the cancer took a lot of color out of him. He was a good Christian man, and a good man all around.

Resized-20230801-135249.jpg

Went to an old friends house this afternoon at around 3pm because his wife had texted us that he was now on hospice care because he had taken a turn for the worse. We knew his cancer had returned and he had spent some time in the hospital in Lawton and OKC. Doctor told them he would probably not make it through the night. While he was not responsive, we could tell he knew we were there as his eyes looked our way a couple of times. We stayed until around 5pm talking and reminiscing with his wife, sons, and daughter about our times with him and karate as he was one of our black belts.

After leaving and returning home, I had only been in the house for about 15 minutes when she texted us to tell us he had passed on. Glad I got the chance to say goodbye. He was a good man. Below is a picture a few months ago at Golden Corral. He is the one sitting next to me. Skin used to be black, but the cancer took a lot of color out of him. He was a good Christian man, and a good man all around.

Resized-20230801-135249.jpg

Sure sorry he had to go through that. I cannot imagine. God bless you and his family. May God's comfort consume you all.

Good morning folks. Busy day already.

Warrior, I'm sorry about your friend's passing. Never the right time to say goodbye.

Rainy and cool in the east. Loads of work today. If I get through it, things will lighten up the rest of this week. And I'll get through it.

Hope the day is shaping up well for everyone.

Let us know. I got back on only after changing my password.

I got back on Sir,

I went through the password change part but it never let me complete anything. I tried so many times it locked my account..

After a few hours I tried again and logged right on after facebook asked me if several recent posts I had made were mine along with verifying some pictures.

Sure glad I didn't have to go through that password change junk...

(I say that, let me try another computer now and see...)

Edit: Seems I'm good.... Like nothing ever happened... :rolleyes:

Good morning from ATX. Currently 58°F and clear. Expecting 81°F for today's high.

Cost $187.20 to ship a Remington 788 .308 and Winchester 1300 12 ga. shotgun back to KY. Crazy.

MRI and CT scans this morning. Currently on month 15 since diagnosis.

Vandy visits Rupp tonight. Game coverage begins at 8 CT. Go Cats!

Happy Hump Day. Wishing y'all a winning day.

national-frozen-food-day--march-6.png

Good morning folks.

Cats with the home finale tonight. Really need to win, and should. Go Cats.

Busy days at work. I had to give a speech to about 100 people yesterday, which I don’t enjoy and added a lot of complications to the day. That “hour” of the speech and questions after took a lot more prep time. In the past now, and by late morning I should be caught up with work.

Foggy in the east. Warming up. I hope you all have a great day.

Good morning all,

Heading inside, the parking lot has cars....must be some new people.....

God bless all your days...

Go CATS!!!
Good morning folks.

Cats with the home finale tonight. Really need to win, and should. Go Cats.

Busy days at work. I had to give a speech to about 100 people yesterday, which I don’t enjoy and added a lot of complications to the day. That “hour” of the speech and questions after took a lot more prep time. In the past now, and by late morning I should be caught up with work.

Foggy in the east. Warming up. I hope you all have a great day.

HA,

Better you than me. I despise doing that and I doubt I ever get inside your type arena as mine is more focused but I have times when I must speak to large audiences. I can do it but sure do not like doing it. I'd do about anything else. I am not one for the lime light. just enjoy making people better around me, hoping my leadership notices... Yeah, right...

HA,

Better you than me. I despise doing that and I doubt I ever get inside your type arena as mine is more focused but I have times when I must speak to large audiences. I can do it but sure do not like doing it. I'd do about anything else. I am not one for the lime light. just enjoy making people better around me, hoping my leadership notices... Yeah, right...
I don’t enjoy it. What I’ve learned through the years is that you have to SEEM like you are enjoying it. People respond to the energy and enthusiasm and effort to connect as much as whatever you say. So I gotta get up for it. And that takes a toll.

Read up on Thorlo socks. They are .expensive, but family owned and American made. They make socks specifically for different type use. I love the cushioning. I ran A LOT for years and they really helped with cushioning the impact. I will say since the old man died, some people are saying quality has dropped a little.
I quit wearing socks several years ago......I guess I have bad circulation.......when I wear socks, they cut the circulation off in my feet.........when I would take them off I would have a deep circle on my leg at the top of the sock......I never could wear colored socks..........I ain't have any fun getting OLD!

Good morning all,

Heading inside, the parking lot has cars....must be some new people.....

God bless all your days...

Go CATS!!!

HA,

My bread and butter. I am stupid so making an ass of myself in front of a large group never bothered me.

Edit:
I was elected President of my High School class and my Principle wanted me to take a public speaking class in college. He got me in as a high schooler in college. I took to it.
Giving my prom speech:
430063232_7248629501919238_3496910546371419791_n.jpg

Last edited:
I NEED to fish!
In 2017 I finally bought a nice bass boat......seven years later it has less that 30 hours on the motor.....I have only had it out of the garage twice in the last two years......just to run old gas out of the tank.......I told the Director the other day that I was dropping the insurance on it........I planned on it going to my SIL when I pass but I am thinking I will let him tow it home and transfer it to his name the next time they visit.......maybe he will use it more than I do......he takes the kids over to the Horse Park 2-4 times a month and takes them fishing......

I don’t enjoy it. What I’ve learned through the years is that you have to SEEM like you are enjoying it. People respond to the energy and enthusiasm and effort to connect as much as whatever you say. So I gotta get up for it. And that takes a toll.
I was a stutterer when I was a kid.......with help I over came the problems.......I still get stuck once in a while.......I joined the Freemasons in 1981......when I gave my presentation to the fraternity to advance in degrees I amazed myself when I sat for proficiency.........when my mentor asked that first question it took me two minutes to get my voice working.....but surprisingly when I started out the words just flowed out of my mouth......For those in the know, the first thing I done in lodge were the interrogatories by the Tyler....then the presentation in the east for the EA.......I found out I have an excellent memory.........I learned the Stair lecture on the FC..........I also had parts on the MM degree team........I now enjoy public speaking........

I was a stutterer when I was a kid.......with help I over came the problems.......I still get stuck once in a while.......I joined the Freemasons in 1981......when I gave my presentation to the fraternity to advance in degrees I amazed myself when I sat for proficiency.........when my mentor asked that first question it took me two minutes to get my voice working.....but surprisingly when I started out the words just flowed out of my mouth......For those in the know, the first thing I done in lodge were the interrogatories by the Tyler....then the presentation in the east for the EA.......I found out I have an excellent memory.........I learned the Stair lecture on the FC..........I also had parts on the MM degree team........I now enjoy public speaking........
That's hard to do, and a laudable accomplishment Awf.

The last serious speech I had to give was for my induction into the Kentucky Journalism Hall of Fame. I actually did something I never thought I'd do -- I joined Toastmasters for several months just to have a place to practice the speech and get feedback. That was a prettty good group, at least the DC chapter. Had I joined twenty years earlier I'd have gotten something out of it.

In the end, COVID wiped out the ceremony and I gave the speech via Skype hook-up, a major disappointment for my parents and kids.

In 2017 I finally bought a nice bass boat......seven years later it has less that 30 hours on the motor.....I have only had it out of the garage twice in the last two years......just to run old gas out of the tank.......I told the Director the other day that I was dropping the insurance on it........I planned on it going to my SIL when I pass but I am thinking I will let him tow it home and transfer it to his name the next time they visit.......maybe he will use it more than I do......he takes the kids over to the Horse Park 2-4 times a month and takes them fishing......

Sir,

I fish off the bank these days. Years ago when we lived in Radcliff I had a 13 foot John boat with a trolling motor I fished Fort Knox regularly. (That thing fit in the back of my F-150 at the time.)

My Darling is not much for fresh water fish and when we moved to San Antonio, I sold that boat and always wondered why though I don't even have a place now to store it if I had it. (I know i was on Fort Knox about once every ten days or so. Just enjoy being on the water.) Remember ice forming on my line many times.

Was actually looking at a place near the Chesopeake Bay (About 80 or so miles away depending on where you fish. I have a spot about 60 miles away that I like.) recently to buy with my oldest daughter to get her started in on some property. Thought I might open one of those airbnb things.

The weather never worked out to where we could go look at it. I think it's still for sale.

Even on the ocean I fish off the bank. May be nice to hit the water every once in a while. My Darling and I love the ocean. (May not be in the plans...)

Sir,

I fish off the bank these days. Years ago when we lived in Radcliff I had a 13 foot John boat with a trolling motor I fished Fort Knox regularly. (That thing fit in the back of my F-150 at the time.)

My Darling is not much for fresh water fish and when we moved to San Antonio, I sold that boat and always wondered why though I don't even have a place now to store it if I had it. (I know i was on Fort Knox about once every ten days or so. Just enjoy being on the water.) Remember ice forming on my line many times.

Was actually looking at a place near the Chesopeake Bay (About 80 or so miles away depending on where you fish. I have a spot about 60 miles away that I like.) recently to buy with my oldest daughter to get her started in on some property. Thought I might open one of those airbnb things.

The weather never worked out to where we could go look at it. I think it's still for sale.

Even on the ocean I fish off the bank. May be nice to hit the water every once in a while. My Darling and I love the ocean. (May not be in the plans...)
The ponds and lakes on the Fort Knox reservation are legendary......at one time you could purchase a $5 permit to fish them.......I am scared of snakes........so there's that.........My buddy bought a place two years ago....(he got took).....they spiffed it up and started to rent it.......they made their mortgage.......but it was almost an hour to get there......they are closing on it today.......he said that he would have to make his fortune somewhere else.....

The ponds and lakes on the Fort Knox reservation are legendary......at one time you could purchase a $5 permit to fish them.......I am scared of snakes........so there's that.........My buddy bought a place two years ago....(he got took).....they spiffed it up and started to rent it.......they made their mortgage.......but it was almost an hour to get there......they are closing on it today.......he said that he would have to make his fortune somewhere else.....

Yeah,

It seems a lot of work and IF you have good people assisting, maybe but that is a BIG maybe these days.

I really only wanted it to be able to park a boat to be able to fish. (I know, I know but that was my thought process.) The home is only two years old so any major issues should be okay for a while...

I see so MANY boats just parked all the time, or in storage....

It would take a natural act (Disaster) to keep me off the water if I had a boat...

I hear a lot talking about paying for the gas. (I'd bring some oars... ;)) (Or get me one of those "Solar" outboard motors....) 😁

The place I was looking at was about 700 or 800 feet from the water. (Maybe a 1000.) A couple streets over. Had a nice lot too.

Last edited:
I too hated public speaking. My last semester of college my advisor said I am missing an English credit and told me I needed to take a public speaking class.....negative. He said the only other way is to take 2 other English classes. Sign me up!!! I needed the hours one way or another anyway.

Fast forward another year and I took a job that required it daily. I ended up speaking occasionally in front of 200-300 people at a time. lol A paycheck makes you do things you didn't think possible.

@awf............impressive.

Fishing....that's how I found this thread. Did a search on fishing and it popped up. BBUK (and others) was talking fishing and maybe blue crabs and here I am.

I too hated public speaking. My last semester of college my advisor said I am missing an English credit and told me I needed to take a public speaking class.....negative. He said the only other way is to take 2 other English classes. Sign me up!!! I needed the hours one way or another anyway.

Fast forward another year and I took a job that required it daily. I ended up speaking occasionally in front of 200-300 people at a time. lol A paycheck makes you do things you didn't think possible.

@awf............impressive.

Fishing....that's how I found this thread. Did a search on fishing and it popped up. BBUK (and others) was talking fishing and maybe blue crabs and here I am.

Cast-netted a nice bunch of fish My Darling likes. She makes a sauce using these...

306003559_6013477391999124_966278086702388877_n.jpg

Many Blue Crab trips... I think My Darling caught'em all on a couple trips...
310392367_6079013255445537_160919439792568683_n.jpg

Clam's, Oysters, just an abundance of fun and food... They are there to dig and just pick up if you know the places....
279892790_5617582744921926_1377177947405993904_n.jpg

Get clams and oysters as big as your hand...just a fun day...
279347515_5617581281588739_1555989076623232704_n.jpg

Every once and a while we latch onto a Stingray... My Darling had her friends over and they had a feast..

They guy that helped me get it up said it seems about 35 pounds... Not my type but I eat it....a little. My wife and I don't do no sushi route, we cook it or do without....
385815403_7285986478081536_1155807423459460565_n.jpg

We found a few places for Blackberries and chestnuts too... I enjoy them as well...

362925278_7049121595101360_8414971174700565951_n.jpg

382458147_7254101101270074_6520213856238725789_n.jpg

381000874_7249903658356485_4881503660268884300_n.jpg

Either Moby Crab or a Lobster...
279449166_5623505617662972_5025214124034018118_n.jpg

Belt or Ribbon fish, there is a knack to catching these and I know it.. Going soon to catch a cooler more at a new place soon. Boney but just good eating...
305049385_5986919291321601_5390747013992717170_n.jpg

305475935_5986926057987591_366676931872759499_n.jpg

We love the water and the woods..... 😁

Overdue to fish....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT