ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning folks.

Back from my trip to Istanbul. We really had a fantastic time. It's a beatiful city with 2,500 years of history for me to explore. Took a nice boat trip up the Bosphorus to the Black Sea, went inside all the spectacular mosques and the churches dating back to 350 ad in some cases. Took a short ferry ride between Asia and Europe - I think that's the only palce on earth you can do that. And the food was terrific.

Enough about that. Back to work today. I hope you folks all had a good week.
Fantastic @MdWIldcat55. What a great trip.

Turkey remains one of my favorite spots to visit. So rich in history and beauty. I was blown away by Istanbul. Before I went, I should have done some research. I don't know what I was expecting but when I got there the size of that place was incredible. I had no idea it was so far spread out over two continents. I had imagined it was like a Memphis, TN with a large city but once you cross the Mississippi River bridge small town Arkansas. I sure was wrong about that.

FuPaLhcaMAAN4aR

Fantastic @MdWIldcat55. What a great trip.

Turkey remains one of my favorite spots to visit. So rich in history and beauty. I was blown away by Istanbul. Before I went, I should have done some research. I don't know what I was expecting but when I got there the size of that place was incredible. I had no idea it was so far spread out over two continents. I had imagined it was like a Memphis, TN with a large city but once you cross the Mississippi River bridge small town Arkansas. I sure was wrong about that.
Thanks Sawnee. I was really amazed by the history of the place, and the immense size of it. We had a guide who was a PhD in archeology and a self-described "secular Muslim" who was at home talking about a Greek city that dated back before Alexander the Great, the Roman city that became Constantine's legacy after his conversion to Christianity, the Hagia Sofia which was the largest Christian Church in the world for over a THOUSAND years, and then the Ottoman Empire which yielded some incredible architecture and it's own thick layer of history. We were there the day they re-opened the massive Blue Mosque, and well into the evening after all the Muslims had toured the place we slipped inside. It just boggles the mind that such a place could be built when it was.

Thanks Sawnee. I was really amazed by the history of the place, and the immense size of it. We had a guide who was a PhD in archeology and a self-described "secular Muslim" who was at home talking about a Greek city that dated back before Alexander the Great, the Roman city that became Constantine's legacy after his conversion to Christianity, the Hagia Sofia which was the largest Christian Church in the world for over a THOUSAND years, and then the Ottoman Empire which yielded some incredible architecture and it's own thick layer of history. We were there the day they re-opened the massive Blue Mosque, and well into the evening after all the Muslims had toured the place we slipped inside. It just boggles the mind that such a place could be built when it was.
When I was there the Blue Mosque was open but construction was going on. They were removing wall coverings that showed the early paintings and decorations that were covered by the Muslims. What was amazing is the Muslims did not destroy this fine art and priceless painting in the ceilings and walls but just covered it. Most places were destroyed, not covered.

Our guide was also a secular Muslin and said he had not been inside a Mosque for worship in his life. He identified as a Muslim but knew very little about the religion.

Actually never seen one of them before. Could come in handy though. I have a camouflaged minnow bucket with a spinning top I can sit on and rotate to each poll if I fish sitting down. Most of my fishing is on the bank walking to and frow or wading waist to chest deep. On occasion I sit in the kayak but mostly I move because I mainly bass fish.

Good Tuesday Morning D

Well yesterday afternoon we got a little rain, 1.7" in a little over an hour and also large hail. Some hail in the area measured 3". Currently it is 66° and we will see 83° with mostly sunny skies and a 10% chance of rain.

I trust all are well and we are thankful @AustinTXCat is enjoying some good times with friends and family. Family is so important and the older you get the more you realize how important it is to have their love. I received some nice photos from my granddaughter taken on Recognition Day and received word from a grandson who is preparing for his MCAT exam. They will be here when I am gone and I will leave this earth a satisfied man knowing God has bless us and kept us together and strong as a family.

Take care all,

South-Seas-Island-Resort-Resort-Pool-Complex-2-1-scaled.jpg

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING LEGIONNAIRES!

53° this morning with a hint of rain. High to only be 56° with thunderstorms possible in the late afternoon. Looks like it could be a stay in day for me.

May try to get a walk in for the monster this morning depending on whether the weather cooperates. She is always in a better mood for the day when she gets her time outside of the fences. Back yard is big, but it just isn't the same.

Supposed to have 2 softball games tonight, however I doubt we get to them unless the rain is light, or it misses us. Actually, hope it rains, because the newer bats we have are expensive and rated for weather 70° or higher and could easily dent in cooler weather. Will have to use an old bat tonight if we play, don't want to waste the $400.00 I spent on the new one last year.

Well, that is about all from me this morning. You guys enjoy your day, be safe out there, and God bless.

Good morning folks. Beautiful, sunny and cool morning in the east.

Back on the subway heading downtown. That’s the moment you are REALLY finished with vacation.

Busy week then heading for Kentucky in the wee hours of Friday for a nephew’s wedding. This’ll be the fourth weekend out of five I’ve traveled, dating back to the Dallas trip to give the eulogy for a friend. I’m looking forward to the weekend when I can be home in bed, zoned out eating cheese and crackers and channel surfing for a so-bad-it’s-good streaming movie with my wife.

Hope it is a good day for all.

Hello all,

At home doing small stuff. Amazing... cleaned and put another leaf in our dining room table. (Oh, got my RO system installed late Sunday night. Great to have water on call again.) Sorting and tossing stuff too. Right across from our house is a large dumpster for building scraps. Got some of my scraps/ crap too.

I am thankful, hips feel rough but I am thankful...

Have a restful evening and go at it tomorrow...

Good morning D-League. Up early today. It’s a lovely, cool morning in the east.

Feel like we’ll get some basketball Cats news today. We’ll see.

Lots of work to get through so I can head for Kentucky for the nephew’s wedding. Should be a great day. I can’t remember the last time all three of my kids, my parents, my two grandkids and all my siblings will be together. Probably Thanksgiving three years ago -the last time my mother was up to hosting -though my grandson Charlie wasn’t born yet back then.

Have a good day folks.

Good Wednesday Morning

Currently, 65° with clear skies. The high will be 84° with 0% chance of rain until evening, when the odds will be 16%.

I trust all are well and in good spirits. My grandkids may be altogether at the end of May, so we will plan a trip up to meet with and visit. My wife and I like to decorate family graves during Memorial Day, so we will squeeze that in too.

The grandkids have a busy schedule this summer, so this may be the only time we can all get together. My grandson is taking his MCAT on Friday, and he will continue working in research at Cincinnati Children's Hospital. He will be visiting medical schools in between. The granddaughters will have a very busy summer. After the Memorial Day weekend, one will have "survival training" in the wilds of some Western state. The AF Academy simulates a plane crash, and you are on your own for 8 days. You are trained to survive. They are given 4 MRE's and must find other food on their own. After this she starts glider training which is the first step to flying. Another granddaughter swims competitively, so she is tied up all summer too.

These kids grow up fast, folks, so enjoy the ride. Turn around and they are gone and on their own. And that is a good thing.

Take care all

20170213-ya16xsoar-0737.jpg

Good morning D-League. It's currently 41° and mostly cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring partly cloudy skies and a high of 69°.

Have a great hump day 🐪.

Sagrada-Familia-Barcelona-Spain-conde-nast-traveller-13feb17-iStock.jpg
Most amazing church if not building ever. And you should see the interior. Mind blowing. The central spire will be way taller than those existing four. Been at it since 1885.

It is sunny and 52°F, to top out at a relatively good 72°, no rain.

@Sawnee Cat those grand kids are kicking butt. Best of luck to them.

@MdWIldcat55 and @AustinTXCat you all have safe travels. @AustinTXCat sorry that I am not going to see you this trip, so maybe summer.

Doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon; I always hate going because he will beat me up on my diet and drinking. Yuk.

It is sunny and 52°F, to top out at a relatively good 72°, no rain.

@Sawnee Cat those grand kids are kicking butt. Best of luck to them.

@MdWIldcat55 and @AustinTXCat you all have safe travels. @AustinTXCat sorry that I am not going to see you this trip, so maybe summer.

Doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon; I always hate going because he will beat me up on my diet and drinking. Yuk.
Thanks Bert. I'm looking forward to being home, however briefly.

Home -- what a lovely word and idea. I haven't lived in Kentucky since 1977, and yet would never think of anywhere else as home.

Good morning everyone.

We still haven't had the adjuster look at my truck. Man, I hope they agree to fix it, but doubtful.

I've turkey hunted the last 2 mornings. We saw a bear yesterday within 50 yards, but no turkeys. This morning I hunted some of my old stomping grounds (mountain) since I can't get back into my hunting lease without the truck to pull the S x S. Hunting the old way brought back good memories. No turkey.

Wildlife Wednesday...it's about time to start spotting these little rascals. They should be a 10# black shiney bouncy ball of energy right now. Pic came from checking dens in Feb. (maybe Mar according to the pic) about 15 years ago. And, you've also seen the first hints of my wife.
343316295_1733140827139076_1864565435506253263_n.jpg

I hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited:
Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Happy Hump Day Legionnaires!

50's this morning with thunderstorms and a lot of wind. Had some serious lightning strikes and booming thunder that actually shook the house about 30 minutes ago. Now light wind and a few clouds.

Did not get the weather yesterday that was supposed to be here so, played two ball games last night. Same result as last week, 1-1. I went 6 for 7 at the plate with a walk. Good batting night as 3 of the hits went for extra bases. Got knocked off of the mound with a line drive that put me on my ass. Lucky part was that I got my glove on it and made the out. Sat there for a moment to give my hand a bit of rest because it was a hot shot and it stung. After making sure I was alright my guys started laughing saying that it looked like I was shot at the way I fell back on my ass.

Here's to hopping you guys have an enjoyable rest of the day and God Bless.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Happy Hump Day Legionnaires!

50's this morning with thunderstorms and a lot of wind. Had some serious lightning strikes and booming thunder that actually shook the house about 30 minutes ago. Now light wind and a few clouds.

Did not get the weather yesterday that was supposed to be here so, played two ball games last night. Same result as last week, 1-1. I went 6 for 7 at the plate with a walk. Good batting night as 3 of the hits went for extra bases. Got knocked off of the mound with a line drive that put me on my ass. Lucky part was that I got my glove on it and made the out. Sat there for a moment to give my hand a bit of rest because it was a hot shot and it stung. After making sure I was alright my guys started laughing saying that it looked like I was shot at the way I fell back on my ass.

Here's to hopping you guys have an enjoyable rest of the day and God Bless.
%D0%B8%D0%BB%D1%8C%D1%8E%D1%85%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B6%D1%91%D1%82-hopping.gif

It was enjoyable... 😁

I will probably be at the dentist office about the same time.(2:00 PM) I lost a crown on a lower right tooth and better get that fixed pronto. They squeezed me in tomorrow.

No pain or sensitivity, just a big hole back there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT