ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 69°F and cloudy with a light wind from the south. Today's high expected around 82°F.

Plan on hiking to the grocery store after while for some ranch salad dressing. Vinegar + oil no longer makes the grade.

Pup started eating paper envelopes lately. Gotta watch her.

Happy Hump Day, y'all.

National-Garlic-Day-April-19.jpg.webp

Good Wednesday Morning D

Woke up to a very crisp cool 50° with low humidity and the high will reach 84°. We have our normal sunny skies and 0% chance of rain.

I am making progress on transferring data and thanks for the tips. You IT guys are a godsend for an ole' country plowboy. Should be a great day and I trust all are well and keeping the faith.

shutterstock_361261049-scaled.jpg

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING LEGIONNAIRES!

64° this morning and very windy. High 80's expected with a possible stray thunderstorm or 2 possible. Winds changing tonight to bring cooler weather for the next 10 days or so with some nights getting down into the 30's again.

Played softball last night as the EH (extra hitter). Told the guy running the team that I was not physically ready to pitch and defend, and needed to heal up a bit, but hitting would be fine. Went 3-5 with a couple of walks. The two outs were hard hit (felt good) at the short stop and left fielder. First swing of the bat since the end of fall league in October. Feel good this morning and no soreness. Had a pinch runner for a couple of those hits but ran the last one to see how it felt. Was on second and there was a line drive that moved me to third and the guy coaching third gave me the stop sign. Nope... I was in full stride and decided to go for broke. Throw was off line so...scored a run. We won the first game and lost the second. One notable thing was that there was not a Bud Light anywhere in site after the games. Heh, heh, heh.

Hey folks, it's hump day for those grinding it out so get over that hill and thank God for the day.

Get an external drive Sir. I have two, 2 TB drives using USB3 ports. One drive for everyday "stuff" and one as a backup. (Have another couple smaller 1 TB drives as well but that is for transferring things when needed. Then just eject the drive and plug it in elsewhere. (I actually work from that drive and once every two or three months do an differential backup. Simple once you do it. ;)

Thanks again, I have completed the job. Those thumb drives are a valuable tool. I appreciate the advice

It is a warm sunny 63°F here and we are supposed to get up to 83 this afternoon. I got some roundup sprayed yesterday. Grass and trees love to grow in my mulch. It is an eternal war against them.

83° is too hot for New England Clam Chowder; however, I may make some anyway. I am in the mood.

You all have a good hump day.

Good Thursday Morning

Drinking a black cup of coffee waiting for the sun to come up. We have a pleasant, cool, 60° with scattered clouds and a dry day with 82° as the high.

Not a lot on tap today. Frying up some sausage at the moment and a pot of grits are on the stove. Biscuits will be hot and gravy plentiful.

I have a couple of hours of financial "office work" that I will tackle as soon as a finish up with something to eat. I trust all are well and if you are in the area of storms, I pray for your well being and safety.

pensacola-1024x576.jpg

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING LEGIONNAIRES!

Weather just missed us as stated above, north and south east. There was an open line of almost clear skies in which we were sitting. Cole Ok. is the small town that got hit hard last night. It is northeast of Elgin by about 50 miles and is just Southwest of Norman Ok. Prayers go out to the residents of Cole.

Light day ahead for me as I go out to train my student and do a little shopping afterwards this morning.

Rest of the week is downhill for those grinding it out so, enjoy and God Bless.

The new MLB changes have really helped to make the game more enjoyable imo. The pitch clock has helped to shorten the game length and bigger bases have made base stealing relevant again. I've already watched more baseball this year than in previous 2-3 years combined.

Hello,

At it again at our old home. Cleaning carpets now. All that is left.$700.00 to clean my carpets??? I think not. I have a nearly new Bissell carpet machine like you can rent at Lowe's.(the bigger one) I will work a long time for $700.00....

I will do better work too.

Here I go....

I sleep with my cell phone on a nightstand next to my bed. This morning I was awaken, at 4:45 AM by the worst noise and sound imaginable. It was piercing. Somebody who was in charge sent this alert out and all day long it has been the hottest topic in the Sunshine State. It so hot that a state investigation is being conducted and somebody's head is going to roll.

No one was pleased to hear an emergency test when in a very deep sleep.

342515477_3374886459443523_2147387022729689702_n.jpg

I sleep with my cell phone on a nightstand next to my bed. This morning I was awaken, at 4:45 AM by the worst noise and sound imaginable. It was piercing. Somebody who was in charge sent this alert out and all day long it has been the hottest topic in the Sunshine State. It so hot that a state investigation is being conducted and somebody's head is going to roll.

Yeah Buck Sexton was in a grumpy mood today on the Clay and Buck Show. His wife's phone went off at the same time as his. Must have been really loud.

Take my word for it. It is not the worst noise and sound imaginable. I have heard it and still have nightmares over fifty years later.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 64°F and mostly cloudy. We received mucho needed rain last night. Today's high expected around 79°F.

Leaving by bus for ABIA airport around 7 am. Flight departs around 5 pm. Stopping midway at Chick-Fil-A near UTexas campus (student union) for some goodies. Ride bus rest of way to airport. Gonna hang out there until boarding.

Daughter and granddaughter's dad picking me up from McGhee Tyson. Expecting good weather around Knoxville tonight. Really excited about seeing everybody. Already scheduled more trips for June 16-19 and July 1-10. Yeah, I need to make time for other family down in Florida, NC, Alabama, Nebraska, and Germany.

Happy Friday. Wishing y'all a wonderful end to your week.

national-chocolate-covered-cashew-day-pin.jpg

Do umpires hate the Cardinals? This site scores umpires. It is early and there may be other factors, but it says the Cardinals are dead last in MLB in how umps calls favored teams by almost a full run over next to last. They seem to like the Pirates best.

What has happened to the American past time.....

Pitiful....

On the home stretch on the carpets. Been drinking coffee but, now drinking a weak ginger ale.... I am thankful, sore but thankful...

Carpet completed. New tenants liked it a lot... Handed the keys over and garage door openers along with the mailbox keys... let them know the quirks about the house. Seem like decent people. We shall see...

I do have to go back in the morning for a couple hours. Got to replace a toilets guts. (The last one.), fix a light fixture with a screw., hang one curtain rod in the lowest level.

They aren't moving in until Sunday.

Hip about to fall off but other than that I feel good.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT