ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

To clarify, when I say my personal record was 250 I was referring to 250 soldiers in Company A doing push-ups at the same time. Not me doing 250. I wanted to set the record straight.

Congrats on 25 in the morning. That is impressive.

Sir,

I understood, I just had to toot my horn. I got back to doing pushups as a way to get my upper body a little work out. After this move my pushups went from 10 to 15 up to the 20 to 25 range. I strained it this morning, the last two were rough.

I am looking for a heavy bag so I can get back to punching. I've been too long away from that. Just a good workout punching- "stuff"...(If you punch correctly.) I am thankful. No legs but I am thankful...

Last edited:
@warrior-cat

With the Reds 3 game winning streak...the Cards are now currently in sole possession of last place in the division...congrats on being second to last. I don't even look at pitching match ups or do any research at all...right now I just bet for the Cards to lose. Didn't bet the last Reds game...I bet against them first two games of the Rangers series and the Reds won both games 7-6....so I stayed away from game 3.

qrU6crn_zjfnn4nkPBwd2BA55uaWrHv0xsCLLXXo0dEEe_Bnq-bz7FyDIZhBTldHAVb259VI2jHo2ScGm5OKapvWpBUKSwtcow0BiYfNAABRLQ=s0-d-e1-ft

Sir,

I understood, I just had to toot my horn. I got back to doing pushups as a way to get my upper body a little work out. After this move my pushups went from 10 to 15 up to the 20 to 25 range. I strained it this morning, the last two were rough.

I am looking for a heavy bag so I can get back to punching. I've been too long away from that. Just a good workout punching- "stuff"...(If you punch correctly.) I am thankful. No legs but I am thankful...
I Never quit doing pushups and have a pushup bar to help enhance however, I have not used it for a while. Only do knuckle pushups right now for the reason of punching. Can do around 40 or so before I reach muscle failure. I do those three times a workout during my upper body workouts Monday-Wednesday-Friday.

@warrior-cat

With the Reds 3 game winning streak...the Cards are now currently in sole possession of last place in the division...congrats on being second to last. I don't even look at pitching match ups or do any research at all...right now I just bet for the Cards to lose. Didn't bet the last Reds game...I bet against them first two games of the Rangers series and the Reds won both games 7-6....so I stayed away from game 3.
Is there a trophy for second best loser?

Good morning D-League. One more day at work then a very early morning drive to Kentucky. My nephew is getting married outside at the same spot one of my other nephew’s did a few years back —nice flat bottom bordered by a creek and hills on either side. It’ll be nice if the weather holds.

Hope you all have a good day.

Good morning D-League. One more day at work then a very early morning drive to Kentucky. My nephew is getting married outside at the same spot one of my other nephew’s did a few years back —nice flat bottom bordered by a creek and hills on either side. It’ll be nice if the weather holds.

Hope you all have a good day.
Traveling man just ran through my head thinking about how much you have done lately.

Traveling man just ran through my head thinking about how much you have done lately.

Thanks Warrior. Always liked that song as a kid, and the one by Johnny Cash below...I told my wife this morning I'll be glad to have a Friday night just to chill out with her at home arguing over what to watch on Netflix/Amazon Prime/Hulu, then settling on a compromise neither of us particularly like so we can fall asleep half way through. Good times...

Last edited:
Thanks Warrior. Always liked that song as a kid, and the one by Johnny Cash below...I told my wife this morning I'll be glad to have a Friday night just to chill out with her at home arguing over what to watch on Netflix/Amazon Prime/Hulu, then settling on a compromise neither of us particularly like so we can fall asleep half way through. Good times...

My wife and I have YouTube nights. We pull up YouTube on the big screen and each pull up our favorite musical videos and alternate. She will play one and pass the remote to me and I will play one. It brings back nice memories and is much more entertaining than any network program or some cable show with people arguing politics.

It is almost a game with us. Our musical tastes are similar and we both love music. So it is all good.

IMHO...........Hank Snow is the only one that sings this song properly........one man's opinion........

IMHO...........Hank Snow is the only one that sings this song properly........one man's opinion........
Yeah, he does it well. You all may know this, but it was originally an Australian song. That's a cool version even if you got no idea in hell where the guy is describing. Hank Snow and a co-writer just got down an atlas and started fitting places into the lines...Great tune...

Yeah, he does it well. You all may know this, but it was originally an Australian song. That's a cool version even if you got no idea in hell where the guy is describing. Hank Snow and a co-writer just got down an atlas and started fitting places into the lines...Great tune...
And Hank Snow was Canadian. I wonder what a song like that for Canada would sound like.

Groat also played for the St Louis Cardinals.
RIP: Dick Groat. He was a Dukie. An All American basketball player who was drafted by the Detroit Pistons. His first love was basketball, but in those days it did not pay anything.

Another two sport pro back in those days was Gene Conley. He played for the Braves and Celtics. He had a pretty good career. He was a 6'8" pitcher, which was a giant in those days.

Yep, my last one was around $1,000 out of my pocket.
@Bert Higginbotha

A shout-out to Humana. Best medicare advantage plan on earth. (or at least in the State of Florida) I have the Human Florida PPO with dental benefits. My premium is Zero. $0

Today I had a cap put on the last molar on the lower right side. The bill came to $1,173.00 and I paid nothing. $0. Humana paid it all. 100% covered.

Tell your nice daughter thanks from a satisfied customer.

RIP: Dick Groat. He was a Dukie. An All American basketball player who was drafted by the Detroit Pistons. His first love was basketball, but in those days it did not pay anything.

Another two sport pro back in those days was Gene Conley. He played for the Braves and Celtics. He had a pretty good career. He was a 6'8" pitcher, which was a giant in those days.
He won an MVP with the Pirates and came in second a couple of years later with the Cards. The Pirates and Yankees had agreed on a trade (Groat for Maris) and one team (forget which) backed out at the last minute.

@Bert Higginbotha

A shout-out to Humana. Best medicare advantage plan on earth. (or at least in the State of Florida) I have the Human Florida PPO with dental benefits. My premium is Zero. $0

Today I had a cap put on the last molar on the lower right side. The bill came to $1,173.00 and I paid nothing. $0. Humana paid it all. 100% covered.

Tell your nice daughter thanks from a satisfied customer.
You are ripping them off.

Now my poor little girl will have to take a discount in pay!

Just pay your bill Sawnee Cat. o_O

I got a good report from the Doctor. No lecture on liver enzymes, so I drove home and poured a good bourbon on the rocks. That doc thinks that I will live to October and then he will recheck me and my enzymes!

He has a young son and a little daughter on the way. Her name will be Ruth from the book in the bible. I like to know stuff like that and I ask too many question, but that is what I do.

BH, that must have been some time ago as I don't think you could touch one at that price today.

Just had a filling for a chipped/gashed front upper & it was $400.
I have paid close to $5k so far for the surgery for two implants and that is with dental insurance. I have an appointment on Monday to see how well they have taken hold to determine when they will put the abutment into the base that they screwed into the jawbone April 3rd. The abutments will cost me about $2.5K and that is not including the teeth which my dentist will put onto the abutment later. If this works out I plan on having two on the upper left pulled and implanted later this year.

I have paid close to $5k so far for the surgery for two implants and that is with dental insurance. I have an appointment on Monday to see how well they have taken hold to determine when they will put the abutment into the base that they screwed into the jawbone April 3rd. The abutments will cost me about $2.5K and that is not including the teeth which my dentist will put onto the abutment later. If this works out I plan on having two on the upper left pulled and implanted later this year.

Total theft....

Total theft....
Yeah, dental insurance does not cover the anesthesia or consultations and other cost incurred so...Plus, there are not a lot of options here. The couple of surgeons that do this kind of work here come out of OKC and only come to Lawton twice a week. My guess is since they have to travel about an hour to get here they will charge what they want because of no competition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT