ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Carpet completed. New tenants liked it a lot... Handed the keys over and garage door openers along with the mailbox keys... let the know the quirks about the house. Seem like decent people. We shall see...

I do have to go back in the morning for a couple hours. Got to replace a toilets guts. (The last one.), fix a light fixture with a screw., hang one curtain rod in the lowest level.

They aren't moving in until Sunday.

Hip about to fall off but other than that I feel good.
You are braver than me. Years ago my CPA tried to get me to invest in a duplex or storage units, but I don't like dealing with people. I might have more money if I had, but I also might be in a foul mood all the time.

You are braver than me. Years ago my CPA tried to get me to invest in a duplex or storage units, but I don't like dealing with people. I might have more money if I had, but I also might be in a foul mood all the time.

No Sir,

Not at all. This is the first property my wife and I own that I am the direct contact for the tenant. I have always had a property manager.... Not at all sure I will like it but I am putting 8 more percent in my pocket this go-round. This house we lived in is the highest dollar rental we own. We shall see how it goes... It's a year lease. Am actually thinking about divesting our properties. Haven't fully decided. Our kids would never keep them. (They just want the dough. No realization or memory it seems of what their Mom and I had to do to get where we are. I guess it's magical and not longevity slowly growing...)

Lot's to think about. I feel better now that I have My Darling in a home we can settle in to where it shouldn't be high maintenance for a while. (Rental laws are real stupid. We own the maximum properties we can own minus our commercial properties without the government telling us who we have to rent to...) Just criminal what this country's citizens allow. (I have to stop.)

Good morning D-League. It's currently 49° and cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring partly sunny skies and a high of 65°.

Have a great day out there.

The-most-beautiful-places-in-Italy-Rialto-Bridge-in-Venice-DP.jpg

Good morning all

,This day feels better though I dred one more trip. The lift isn't horrible today and I promised My Darling a nice dinner as we do have to hit the markets too. (Happily I might add...)

Hope your Saturday is a special day this go round...

Ain't got the sense God gave a goose....

Try to do on purpose what I do on accident... 😁 😅😅😅

Checking my fit bit this morning when I woke up. (Checking my sleep time. Got to get that up'd.)

Anyway try it, go ahead...

336028823_201652172623009_135934745383192620_n.jpg

Stepped off my 10 thousand step hopping in the bed....

HI everyone,

Yes, I'm still kicking. Night fishing and turkey hunting at the lake this week wore me out. No turkeys for us and not many fish...no stripers that I was after. But, we got plenty accomplished at the place while we were there.

Woke up this morning to a big tree that took out the bed of my truck (and the windshield, slightly caved in the roof, with dents in one of the rear doors and the hood. Also, got the roof windshield of my SxS and the roof of my wife's SxS. Dread the insurance....don't want them to total my truck. It's been a good one without too many miles. 2017 w/ 42,000.

342720409_1710014932762656_5574349793424717781_n.jpg

Oh well, just material stuff. God has blessed me more than I deserve anyway.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Wow,

Really sorry for the tragedy's. Insurance, yeah..no fun at all. The only thing you ever buy, you never want to use... Hoping you get what you want. My daughter was driving in the hail storm in San Antonio about 2014 or so and it totaled her 2012 Mazda 3 we got her before we left for Korea. When I got back we bought her a new one and I kept that Mazda 3 and am still driving it. Has a junk title after I bought it back totaled from the insurance company. The junk title let's me pay about $75 a year in "usage" tax versus about $300. Worth it's weight here. Have had several offers just due to the junk title. Now that we have moved I may buy My Darling a new car if this country takes a turn and take her Camry as my own.

FINALLY just got back from finishing our house for the new Tenants.... Now for our "New" home... My Darling told me we could do this one slowly. I plan on putting the RO system in after church tomorrow...We shall see.

Last edited:
HI everyone,

Yes, I'm still kicking. Night fishing and turkey hunting at the lake this week wore me out. No turkeys for us and not many fish...no stripers that I was after. But, we got plenty accomplished at the place while we were there.

Woke up this morning to a big tree that took out the bed of my truck (and the windshield, slightly caved in the roof, with dents in one of the rear doors and the hood. Also, got the roof windshield of my SxS and the roof of my wife's SxS. Dread the insurance....don't want them to total my truck. It's been a good one without too many miles. 2017 w/ 42,000.

Man that sucks Storm. Hopefully insurance picks up the damage.

A few years back, a tornado came pretty close to our little town and was just north of us. I could see it from my front yard. It missed us but the weather pattern with it did drop hail on us that beat up my truck a bit. Picture below is one of the hail balls that were hitting around our home and vehicles. That is my hand and I used to be able to palm a basketball to give you some scale.

IMG-20200422-143531087.jpg

IMG-20200422-143546643.jpg

Good Sunday morning everyone!

Thanks for the well wishes on the truck. It's been a good one and was hoping it would take me to 70. I dread working with the insurance and truck shopping/body repair. But, inconvenience is not a big deal. It will put a damper on my hunting and fishing this spring though.

I didn't get on the internet at all during my week at the lake. Refreshing (no offense, lol). And I get back to see 2 more transfers out of Big Blue country. Hopefully we'll know who is on the team by the end of May.

I hope everyone has a blessed Sunday.

Good morning from Forge Ridge, TN. Currently 39°F and clear with a light wind. Today's high may hit 54°F. Chilly.

@storm1507 : man, sorry about your truck. Hoping for speedy insurance settlement.

We'll try Kroger again today. Well. as soon as these folks get their butt's up. Heard Food City over in Middlesboro has gator meat for sale. Heh.

Wishing all a Happy Sunday.

April-23-German-Beer-Day-Logo-1.jpg

HI everyone,

That is a tough one Storm. I have an older model 2000 Ford ranger Off Road 4x4 that I bought new in the fall of 2019. It is in excellent condition and I would hate for it to be a total loss. No way I could replace it.

But as you say, just material stuff. God has blessed us and that is our focus in life. The best to you as your find a replacement. If that is the result of this storm.

94195391_2998900520163004_7786949533564403712_n.jpg

94036009_2998900010163055_3081097533993254912_n.jpg

Yesterday was Recognition Day at the USAF Academy and also my granddaughter's birthday. She has spent the last week going through hours of physical training, being awaken at 2:00 AM and having to dress in 5 minutes and screamed at as upperclassmen make you recite USAF Academy material while doing push ups. Oh well you know the drill.

But it was rewarding in the end because at the conclusion of days of pushing the Cadets to the limit they were welcomed and recognized as a complete part of the Academy and given a reception banquet with full dress uniforms and cheers from the 4,000 Cadets

So while most 19 year olds get cake and ice cream on their birthday, she got this. KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN CADET AND KEEP MOVING , CLASS OF 2026

342789051_493188989577647_1914948327349754379_n.jpg

Went to Earlington yesterday to my old High School. 1974 was last year for being High School then it went Junior High and is now an Elementary School. Was an open school walk through before it will be closed down at the end of the school term. When it does will be the first time since the early 1900’s that Earlington will have no schools. Frustrating and sad.
Lee Trover Todd former President of UK graduated from there.

Hello again,

Been something different about our church since the new pastor arrived. I am touched but I have again been touched by a godly presence I haven't felt in a long while. Too long...

Pray for me if you have a mind to, I am thankful.

Going to watch a YouTube video about my RO installation, then install it....already installed a couple but been years in between. Need a refresher course... Here I go, can't do too badly, the BB is helping. He's a good worker. (Seriously).

Went to Earlington yesterday to my old High School. 1974 was last year for being High School then it went Junior High and is now an Elementary School. Was an open school walk through before it will be closed down at the end of the school term. When it does will be the first time since the early 1900’s that Earlington will have no schools. Frustrating and sad.
Home of the 1967 Kentucky State Basketball Champions !!! Upset CovCath.

Hey Cat, my son and daughter-in- law live in Earlington, grandkids went there. Also my daughter-in-laws father and uncle played on the 67 team.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING LEGIONNAIRES!

43° this morning with light winds. Low 60's expected today with a slight chance of evening showers.

Normal Monday with a workout shortly this morning, walking the Monster after, train my student at 0930, and then, taking Kato (cat) to the vet at 13:15 with a foot injury (can't walk on it, kick his enemies, or climb his favorite tree).
Kitty.jpg

Well, that is about it for me this morning. Those of you grinding it out still, be careful out there and @AustinTXCat enjoy your trip.

Oh yeah, one last thing, I breached the 200lb barrier this morning weighing in at 198lbs. (took a while but...).

Good morning all,

Heading inside....(to rest)...

Lots to do though. The tenants got moved in, that part is finished until tomorrow, ;).

The RO system is installed. I drained it this morning before I left. Filling up for first usage now. Takes a couple hours...

Thankful no hiccups.

Now the new joint... At least I don't have far to crawl each day... 🤔...

Have a day, then give out a good day to whoever you come in contact with....

God Bless you all...

Good morning folks.

Back from my trip to Istanbul. We really had a fantastic time. It's a beatiful city with 2,500 years of history for me to explore. Took a nice boat trip up the Bosphorus to the Black Sea, went inside all the spectacular mosques and the churches dating back to 350 ad in some cases. Took a short ferry ride between Asia and Europe - I think that's the only palce on earth you can do that. And the food was terrific.

Enough about that. Back to work today. I hope you folks all had a good week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT