ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning D-League. It's currently 59° and overcast here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will be cloudy to start before giving way to thunderstorms and a high of 76°.

Have a great Friday.

hand-sculpture-symbol-atacama-desert-chile-antofagasta-april-rains-washed-away-graffiti-mano-de-desierto-april-95864551.jpg

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING LEGIONNAIRES!

59° this morning with moderate winds. Low 80's for the high expected.

Cardiologist visit did not reveal anything for me yesterday. Nurses hooked me up for an EKG and ask me a lot of questions. The doctor came in afterward for about 5 minutes to tell me to eat good and walk at least 20 minutes a day. Did not tell me the EKG results or much of anything else. I am guessing the results were good. I ask her if I could get a stress test and she talked about the cost, and I told her I don't care about the cost because I have Medicare and Tricare. She then said it would be about 3 months because they are swamped. What ever happened to preventative care?

Bat Cats took a pounding yesterday from the number 1 Ranked LSU Tigers 16-6. It was ugly. Another game tonight at 1830. To watch or not to watch. Can't take too much ugly.

Good morning folks. Been working since well before dawn so I can take next week off with a clear conscience.

Beautiful day in the east. I hope we get some more clarity on the basketball Cats' roster today. Keep going back and forth on whether I want Oscar back or whether I'm ready to see a different approach. Pros and COns both ways.

Reds and Lodolo got a win last night. They got a lead that was bullpen-proof I guess.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Good Friday morning D

Another fine day is on store with a pleasant 68° and a high expected of 85°. Our strong breeze off of the Gulf continues. We may have a thunderstorm in the late afternoon.

Ft Lauderdale had over 25 inches in one day and more may be on the way. Years ago most of the area was sand and an extension of the everglades and rain was soaked up like a sponge but now it is a concrete jungle and the result is flooding. All manmade having nothing to do with global warming.

I trust all are well and we are thankful for the good report from @AustinTXCat and our prayers continue in earnest. May the Lord bring comfort and faith.

341407488_1271020740192694_291347896337463044_n.jpg

Pecan-Day-TN.jpg

Ah pee-cans. I have a very close friend who lives in Dublin, GA and he raises pecans. They are the finest on earth and he keeps me stocked up with them. He sends me shelled halves and also pecan meal that we use to "bread" things like fried fish or cover our prime rib roasts.

I keep a jar around just to munch on. My mother and now my wife made pecan pie that would melt in your mouth. It is my favorite "nut" by far. Peanuts are not nuts so I do not consider them in my favorite nuts. I put peanuts in the bean category and love them boiled and they taste like pinto beans.

Hello all,

Back at the house on this short work day BUT, I have been working and will into the late evening... TAXES... Never remember being this close to this type of issue but if the Lord allows, I will finish before this day is up.

My Darling and I plan on spending most of tomorrow at our old home. Putting the final touches on the cleaning and moving final items... Have it leased starting the 23rd. Have to mow the back yard and pull up the grapes (Due to having some trellis' that are short and too dangerous to leave for a tenant.)

Just got "stuff" to do.... Will try taking My Darling out for something nice to eat though. We have been eating out a lot but it was expected.

I will try checking in from time to time... but uncle calls...

Last edited:
I'm in the market for a new lawn mower (maybe). Honda is at the top of my list but late last year they announced that they'll stop making lawn mowers by September 2023. My concern would be getting parts after they shut down production.

I have a nearly new Kohler and go figure, where I just moved our lawn maintenance is fully included in our HOA. I just don't have it in my heart to sell this mower. Just a 22" mulching mower with large rear wheels and a bagger but darn it is in such great shape... (I know you are very probably talking something much larger...)

I have a nearly new Kohler and go figure, where I just moved our lawn maintenance is fully included in our HOA. I just don't have it in my heart to sell this mower. Just a 22" mulching mower with large rear wheels and a bagger but darn it is in such great shape... (I know you are very probably talking something much larger...)
No that's about the size I'm looking for. I need something with more power because I completely restored my front lawn last year and the grass is THICK. It's lush and beautiful but my old 140cc mower just doesn't do a good job. I have to go over it twice (crisscross) to get a good cut. Now my back yard isn't as important because our dog is a destroyer of turf.

No that's about the size I'm looking for. I need something with more power because I completely restored my front lawn last year and the grass is THICK. It's lush and beautiful but my old 140cc mower just doesn't do a good job. I have to go over it twice (crisscross) to get a good cut. Now my back yard isn't as important because our dog is a destroyer of turf.

Wish I didn't live so far away. I consider selling to a friend if I knew what I had was good.

I'm in the market for a new lawn mower (maybe). Honda is at the top of my list but late last year they announced that they'll stop making lawn mowers by September 2023. My concern would be getting parts after they shut down production.
I looked at new ones on Thursday. I have a 9 year old Husqvarna YTH24V48 which I like, but it is getting old and I am wondering how much longer it will last. Husqvarna has a lot of power and has handled my rough treatment well. Debated on buying a new one this week from Lowes and the only two brands they carry here are Husqvarna and John Deere (not sure if that is nationwide with them), Neighbor has two Cub Cadet's that he swears by with one of them just being a couple of years old and the older one about 12.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 68°F and clear with a light wind out of the south. Warming later for a toasty high if 91°F.

Prepping for next Friday's trip back east. Purchased a new Dell Intel Core i7. Laptop arrived yesterday. Runs great. Plan on gifting cuz an older i5. System still runs good.

Dog days of Summer are upon us here in Austin. Cats beat #1 LSU Tigers yesterday, 13-10 in Baton Rouge. :)

Wishing all a fine Saturday. I'm looking at getting out more later today.

National-Glazed-Spiral-Ham-Day-April-15-1024x512.jpg

Last edited:
Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING LEGIONNAIRES!

59° this morning with moderate winds. Today's high to be 70° with winds 25-35mph. Was thinking about going fishing but, winds too much for me.

I missed a good game last night with UK - LSU. After Thursday nights drubbing, I decided to watch a movie with my wife and daughter last night instead. Wished I had caught the game. Movie was boring and I fell asleep. UK won it 13-10 to even the series at 1-1. Todays game at 12 central,

Nothing else going on workout this morning and walk the monster. Just glad I cut the grass yesterday so nothing today.

You folks enjoy your Saturday and God bless.

Last edited:
Good Morning D

It is a nice morning and a nice day is in store for us in the Southland. We have 66° and by 3:00 PM it will be up to 87° with a nice constant breeze. A perfect day to be outside.

I had a nice workout in my pool yesterday and woke up refreshed and my bones felt good. I often wonder how I could cope in a cold climate where you have to stay inside most all day and not enjoy sunshine and fresh breezes in your face. I might not make it and admire those who do because they are tough and rugged. You have to be to enjoy freezing your butt off. Good for them.

The sky over the Gulf last night Take care all,

341247916_798995128481052_1010039429784628821_n.jpg

Good morning folks. Getting cloudy and we are expecting rain.

Packing for the trip to Istanbul with a late-day takeoff from Dulles Airport.

It was such a grinding work week that I’m just now able to completely focus on the trip. Getting excited.

Hope it’s a great weekend for everybody.

Prepping for next Friday's trip back east. Purchased a new Dell Intel Core i7. Laptop arrived yesterday. Runs great. Plan on gifting cuz an older i5. System still runs good.
I am going to break down and buy a new desktop. My old HP all in one touch screen is dying. I have a constant very loud roar that you can hear all over the house and it is running slow. I have had it for 15 years.

I am looking at a Dell with a 27 inch screen all enclosed. It runs Core 17. DELL Inspiron 7790- 27.

If anyone has any feedback on this system I would appreciate it. I welcome reviews from people who have knowledge of them.

iu

It was such a grinding work week that I’m just now able to completely focus on the trip. Getting excited.

Visit Turkey. It's been nearly 30 years for me. Have fun. Safe travels.

I looked at new ones on Thursday. I have a 9 year old Husqvarna YTH24V48 which I like, but it is getting old and I am wondering how much longer it will last. Husqvarna has a lot of power and has handled my rough treatment well. Debated on buying a new one this week from Lowes and the only two brands they carry here are Husqvarna and John Deere (not sure if that is nationwide with them), Neighbor has two Cub Cadet's that he swears by with one of them just being a couple of years old and the older one about 12.
I believe Husqvarna stopped making gas powered motors a few years ago which is sad. It's the sign of the times. Companies are focusing on electric. I'm a little hesitant to fork over cash on a battery powered mower. I understand the convenience, no gas, oil, filters, spark plugs, etc., but can they perform on the same level as a traditional mower? Big strides have been made with lithium ion batteries and they claim they're on equal ground with gas these days. Maybe one day but I think I'll stick with gas for now.

I just poured one. I am on London England time!

Smoking some baby back ribs for our meal this afternoon. I do the 3-2-1 process. Three hours with the dry rub, then wrap them in foil with my bbq sauce for two and then rest for an hour.
You are living high on the hog. Enjoy. We have a new crop of Silver Queen sweet corn down here that I am going to roast after while. I have to settle for some broiled flounder and my wife's Kentucky cornbread.

Oh and something funny. I just got back from the store and every can of Bud Lite has ben taken off of the shelf. What a world.

Visit Turkey. It's been nearly 30 years for me. Have fun. Safe travels.
@MdWIldcat55

I second what Austin said. We went there a few years back and it was a fantastic trip.

This photo was taken in 2014 over in Greece with my 1946 model wife. I am looking at your Bert. @Bert Higginbotha Another fantastic trip.

340404156_250165000810891_5866701459557909302_n.jpg

You are living high on the hog. Enjoy. We have a new crop of Silver Queen sweet corn down here that I am going to roast after while. I have to settle for some broiled flounder and my wife's Kentucky cornbread.

Oh and something funny. I just got back from the store and every can of Bud Lite has ben taken off of the shelf. What a world.

My Darling and I are just finishing off a small Whopper meal each and also got 8 cheese sticks....

The joys of cleaning up ones old house... Still sitting in Burger King in Lorton...

I do hope all's days are going well...

Good afternoon everyone.

We turkey hunted this morning and heard some gobbling and got to call to them, but no luck. It was an enjoyable morning.

I have both an electric chainsaw and small pushmower. Both do a good job. My yard is small. My hillsides that I have to cut with a weedeater takes a while and plenty of effort.

Flounder and ribs sound great. I'll be doing smashburgers on the griddle. I try to eat healthy most of the time, but today's not most.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Enjoy! And no drug smuggling. Midnight Express was and still is disturbing.

Doing minor things now to our home we have leased. The last thing I have to do is clean the carpets. I took the grape arbor down today and trashed it. Had some serious grapes readying to grow but due to the shade involved they never have produced good grapes. All they have now is a garden spot if they so choose.

I was going to cut the grass today but I found I had no gas in the old mower I was going to use. The gas cans are at our new home. Things are trending where we won't have an issue getting it ready though and we are thankful...

The thing is I really need to work this week at my day job. I am going to try squeezing one day off... this coming Friday is my regular day but I need another one somehow... It will work out in any event...

Have a good rest this evening.

Good Sunday morning D

We have a nice day ahead with a current temperature of 66° as we head up to a high of 87°. The chance of rain is 1% this morning and will be 12% by midafternoon. The cloud cover is 10% and WSW at 15 mph. Very pleasant.

I broke down and bought a new PC yesterday. It will be delivered today. It is a Dell Inspiron 7710 All in One, 27 inch with Intel Core 17 and 32 GB with Windows 11 and Wi-Fi 6E

My HP PC is roaring lound at the moment and running very slow. It is time to take her out back and put a .44 through her to end the misery. The roar is driving me crazier than Joe Biden. To be honest Joe Biden does not drive me crazy because nobody pays attention to him where I live.

Headed off to church this morning as is my custom. Been doing it for dang near 80 years. I should also count the time I was in my mother's womb because she never missed a service in her life that I know of. Take care all,

iu

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING LEGIONNAIRES!

40° with moderate winds. High today to reach 72° with more winds. Supposed to be windy for the next few days.

Quiet morning this morning as the in-laws did not leave until past midnight so, wife and daughter stayed up with them of course but I was in bed by 2200. That means a peaceful morning for a while as they will sleep until late morning. Just me and the mutts. Wife will be tired as usual on Sunday's as Saturday is a workload for her when her family comes over. We both clean the house in the morning and after they arrive, she starts making them lunch and then later on dinner.

That generally means about 4 different types. Her mother is a pescatarian and will not eat meat or dairy products or many other foods and complains about whatever my wife makes so, ends up changing her meal in one way or another. Her brother is on the carnivore diet and will only eat meat. I have to watch what I eat (BP) nor can I eat real solid foods right now because of the implants until the oral surgeon says otherwise and my daughter (17) generally wants something different and better tasting than what the rest of us are eating which was pizza last night. I tell my wife not to worry about me and that I will fix myself something but, she wants to make me something soft and healthy anyway.

Well, it is as I said, a quiet morning so I will relax for a bit and then take the monster out for a walk. As soon as it gets light, she will be in my face wagging her tail knowing we will be leaving soon.

Enjoy your Sunday folks and God Bless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT