ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 49°F and cloudy. Rain chances increasing later this morning. Today's high may max around 53°F. Received lots of rain yesterday.

Except for washer/dryer hook-up and a few touch-ups, kitchen nearly finished. Looks good.

339951064_590440466140226_3338388634947908472_n.jpg

@Sawnee Cat : Belated Happy Anniversary. Wishing y'all many more.

Happy Good Friday, everyone.

beer-day.jpg
Homer-Simpson-beer.gif

A day out on the Gulf always brings out the Jimmy Buffet in me. Way back to 1977.

I saw Jimmy Buffet that same year of 1977 in Miami. I'd just left Kentucky as a 21-year-old and my first stop was South Florida. I ended up with a girlfriend my age from West Palm Beach who was a huge Jimmy Buffet fan, and she introduced me to his music.

That was his moment. Great show. I wouldn't want to see him again, or any of the aging singer/rocker acts. I prefer to remember when it was something fresh and original -- and I was too.

Good morning folks. A work-from-home day so I'm easing into things.

Our run of beautiful sunny days in the 70s was broken by a terrific rain storm last night. Still cloudy this morning.

Looking forward to the weekend. I'm torn between two things to do on Saturday - drive down and hang around the Capitol Hill neighborhoods of DC I lived in in my 30s, lovely area filled with 19th century mansions and small parks. Maybe I'll swing by Georgetown for lunch - the original Clyde's where in 1971 Gram Parsons first saw Emmylou Harris and joined her before a crowd of five people to sing "I Saw the Light" or maybe Martin's Tavern, where JFK proposed to Jackie. (Yeah, I'm a history buff, and that stuff adds to the enjoyment of an overpriced burger for me.)

Or maybe I'll make my first drive up into the Blue Ridge Mountains this spring and walk some trails I know where you can look down and see the Potomac and Shenandoah rivers where they merge. I can do either from my house inside 45 minutes, depending on whether I drive north or south.

Hope you all have good weekends.

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 49°F and cloudy. Rain chances increasing later this morning. Today's high may max around 53°F. Received lots of rain yesterday.

Except for washer/dryer hook-up and a few touch-ups, kitchen nearly finished. Looks good.

339951064_590440466140226_3338388634947908472_n.jpg

@Sawnee Cat : Belated Happy Anniversary. Wishing y'all many more.

Happy Good Friday, everyone.
Good deal. That marble (?) countertop color and overhang is quite similar to ours - w/o the sink in the middle. We eat there 95% of the time. Have darker wood floor. I like the under cabinet on the overhang side. We have one also but it's flush with the rest of the that side. Overhang wouldn't be long enough for our dining use if not so. Our cabinets are a light natural wood - don't show dirt so much to me versus plain. Those look light gray.

Looks to me like you sink divides into two spaces, 75/25. Good to me. Those single large sinks take a ton of water to fill enough to soak dishes so don't care for them. Plus can use disposer while using other sink.

Good morning all,

Wow, I had a night's sleep of 7 and a half hours! First night with that much sleep in weeks. Ye ole Fitbit don't lie...and I can't make it lie.

Much to do today... So much to do... I will get some of it done...

I hope you have a day that will make you proud...

Watching the Reds-Phillies and Greene on the mound again for the second time this season. First time was game 1 against the Pirates where he had one bad inning and walked a lot of batters, and the Pirates went on to win. He had a similar inning against the Phillies in the second with one batter hitting a double, got the next one out but advanced the runner, walked 2 more got one out and walked another to bring a run home. He seems to struggle once a runner is on in scoring position. 1-0 Phillies.

Good morning D-League. It's currently 47° and cloudy here in Eastern Kentucky. This afternoon will bring cloudy skies and a high of 58°.

Have a great Friday.

santorini-island-greece.jpg
If you haven't been there, the jammed crowds to take a picture from that spot is a PITA. Santorini & the surrounding islands are the rim of a volcano that collapsed after an eruption 3-4K years ago, See below from way above:

Santorini Landsat.jpg

Hello,

As my Dad used to say, "I feel like everybody's worked." or, "I feel like everybody's eat."

I do feel like everybody's worked...

Still much to do today. Have to order some things. I am putting curtains up in my office so I can at least set up my "real" computer.

Have to install my RO device but I will probably attempt that tomorrow.

Less than a trunk full of stuff in our old home. Painters actually going at a good pace and seem to be doing good work. Lots of moving parts but I am thankful...

Have a fine late afternoon....

Bat Cats won at Georgia this afternoon. Now 27-3 ranked 10th. Another game tomorrow at 1400 weather permitting. Suppose to rain tomorrow and Sunday in Athens. We will see.

Reds could not close the deal today but play again at 12:00 tomorrow. Probably cut grass early to try and get both games in.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 51°F and cloudy with light wind out of the north. Clearing later. According to Spectrum News, we've received roughly 2.9" rain since Thursday night. Today's high expected around 71°F.

Busy day ahead. Wife ordered a new washer and dryer. Delivery scheduled today. Plan on cleaning up a few things around here. Must also shop a little for tomorrow. Might tune into Cats vs UGA this afternoon.

Wishing all an enjoyable Saturday.

National-Empanada-Day-April-8.jpg.webp

Good morning D-League. Clear and cool in the east —wonderful walking weather.

We have hundreds of blossoming trees along the routes I walk and everything is near a peak —surrounded by splashes of white and gold and pink and violet in all directions. Really lovely. A Sweet Old World, as Lucinda Williams put it.

I plan to head down to DC a little later, look around some of my old neighborhoods and have a late lunch.

Hope you all have a good Saturday.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING D-LEGIONNAIRES!

43° this morning with light winds and a high to be in the low 70's.

Deciding whether to cut grass today or wait until tomorrow. Will wait to see if UK-UG is rained out. Reds play at noon and UK at 14:00 and had plans to watch both. However, there is supposed to be heavy rain in Athens today so, will probably cut grass this afternoon while in-laws are here. Need something to do instead of sitting around the house.

Weather starting to warm up a bit so fishing will become a 2-3 time a week thing until it gets too hot. Probably go out a couple times next week.

You folks enjoy your day/weekend and God Bless.

Good morning everyone.

My wife was sick yesterday so I did a little more of the babysitting for our niece. It rained all day so we had to stay inside. The 2 year old loves getting outside with us.

I have started to avoid the staying/going news. Of course I will pick up some on the news and FB. But, I will sure avoid RR and now have this site saved to take me straight to the Paddock. There is no telling who will be playing for us next year. It is no longer exciting to go through this every year.

We are fast approaching my busiest time of the year....fishing, turkey hunting, mowing, etc. It use to be worse when I was working. :D I don't get very good reception at the Lake so I won't be checking in everyday beginning next weekend (turkeys season opens the 15th).

I hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning all,

Sleep is coming easier now though I wish you could see where I am sleeping when the BB is here...

I had to order several new parts that show they will be here tomorrow but I am working on my office, specifically getting my computer up and running this morning..,Also going to get some drinking and cooking water in this joint AND get My Darling some desired shelf space started... Not much at all going on today...

Have a great one!

Good morning all,

Sleep is coming easier now though I wish you could see where I am sleeping when the BB is here...

I had to order several new parts that show they will be here tomorrow but I am working on my office, specifically getting my computer up and running this morning..,Also going to get some drinking and cooking water in this joint AND get My Darling some desired shelf space started... Not much at all going on today...

Have a great one!
I got up about a quarter to one (Hard Work Work)
And you know that it ain't no fun (Hard work work)
Moving things into my new home (Hard work work)
I wish now I didn't have to roam (Hard work work)
I got up about a quarter to two (Hard work work)
And I have way too much to do (Hard work work)
Moving things from here to there (Hard work work)
And my old lady's starting to stare (Hard work work)

You know how this goes boys...sing it with me!

I got up about a quarter to one (Hard Work Work)
And you know that it ain't no fun (Hard work work)
Moving things into my new home (Hard work work)
I wish now I didn't have to roam (Hard work work)
I got up about a quarter to two (Hard work work)
And I have way too much to do (Hard work work)
Moving things from here to there (Hard work work)
And my old lady's starting to stare (Hard work work)

You know how this goes boys...sing it with me!

I never liked that one...😏😁

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING D-LEGIONNAIRES!

49° this morning with moderate winds. High will be in the mid 70's and sunny.

@BBUK My wife and daughter were watching Eldorado when I woke up on the couch to go to bed. That was about 23:45 or so last night. When I got up about 20 minutes ago, they were still on the couch. I am teaching them well.

For the Reds fans, I watched the game yesterday with the Phillies and Lodolo pitched a heck of a game getting 12 strikeouts (personal best) leaving after the 7th inning (Reds 2- Phillies 0) only to have Diaz lose it in the 9th. Reds woes continue. Reds also had 2 errors in the game but neither hurt them. They have been playing some good defense up to this point however.

Cats have a double header today since their game at Geogia was rained out yesterday. 1st game starts at 1400 (? ET-CT).

You guys have a blessed day (Passover time-Easter Sunday depending on what you believe) and God Bless.

Edited: Apparently, the 1400 gametime is for the second game. I got the game times off of a poster in the "On Deck Circle" which turned out to be incorrect (not the first time). I went to another site which gave the first one starting at 11:00 (central) and the second at 1400.

Last edited:
Good morning D, Happy Easter to the D and I hope you have a great day!! I dug a little deeper on what I posted about John Wayne. I didn't even know that he was in that movie until I saw a trivia question, he played a Roman Centurion, he had one line, 7 words and was paid $250,000, that was in 1965! $250,000 is equivalent to $2,313,689.20 now!

Good morning all,

Is it Easter Sunday... Be thankful. Joy unspeakable and full of glory....

Don't know much of anything but, if the Lord doesn't take me home, I have to go to work tomorrow morning. Still much to do here but I guess it will keep.

Had the "Celebration of Life" for my coworker that passed away a few weeks ago, yesterday. It was an hour and a half away.

Good things and bad things happened during the couple hours I attended. Maybe more on that later..

Have a joyful day....

Aw good ol Easter brings back childhood memories. This time of year my pops would throw green jellybeans in the yard for us to hunt. Wasn't too long after I would have a brother or in one case a sister. Did not take me long to realize as long as I eat them damn jellybeans my supper size was getting smaller, so I quit eating them. ONLY when I was an adult did I realize what that sneaky old man was doing, MY MOM! Hope all you guys have a super great Easter Sunday and many days to follow!

Bustin a move. Had my Dremel tool out smoothing off some rough edges on some shelving for My Darling.

Didn't take me long to realize the grindstone was still turning quite rapidly...

Reminds me of my Dad.

I was 15 or so (Still lived at home until the day I turned 16.), Dad was frying some potatoes using an iron skillet. He picked that skillet up and sat it back down quickly.(He was about half drunk.) I asked, "Is that pan hot Dad?" Dad stated, "No, it just doesn't take me long to look at a skillet."

(I've heard that quite a few times before but Dad was in the "heat" of the moment....)

😅

Hello all,
I still have not found my speakers. Darn it. Anyway, it is back to work in the morning. Much to do there as well. I am sitting at my office desk but it is not comfortable yet. Still also trying to complete my taxes. The latest at this point in a LONG time....

I do hope all your evenings are restful and give you peace. Take care and God Bless you all...

Good morning from ATX. Currently 56°F with a light wind out of NE. Morning walk should be interesting. Today's high expected around 72°F.

Daniel Perry case has consumed all our local news headlines. Not surprising.

It appears Riley Gaines thread got deleted. Guess things got a little hot.

Texas Easter Bunny below. Little late. Oldie but a goodie.

FtFalpvXoAIInob

Monday, Monday...

Wishing all a great start to your week.

national-cinnamon-crescent-day.jpg

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING D-LEGIONNAIRES!

52° this morning with light winds. 75° expected for a high with a chance of thunderstorms later on in the day.

Taking the old girl to the vet this morning to get a bad tooth extracted. She is 12+ going on 90. Lays around a lot and is grumpy but, when I go out walking the monster she is always waiting for her turn when we get back. She bounces around like a young dog for about 30 seconds and then we go out around the house, until she gets tired (which is quick), then back to the back yard to rest. She sometimes seems as if she is ready to go (leave this world) but in the next instant gets a burst of energy for play. I guess she is just saving that energy for play time.

Monday, Monday, la la la la la la.

You folks be safe out there today and may God Bless you all.

The old girl about 5 or 6 years ago. Just about 100lb lap dog.

20160717-095530-1.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT