ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

t000_NKI2vKlOMyrkLb8o0waVYcOTVj3QiD74-YVbmdwjNHjoM6y345coPmZbfGGqYEepWpK0x-1HmLI__Iy9n0uYEBYS6W9uh2hyIU8MYXXrljzTgrc80Wm=s0-d-e1-ft

Good morning from ATX. Currently 62°F and mostly cloudy. Today's high should max-out around 82°F. Nice 4afternoon temperature expected.

And then there were two. Heart-breaker suffered by the Owls. Huskies simply outplayed the Canes.

Go Aztecs!

Go Hawkeyes! Plan on watching women's championship game today.

Kitchen remodel nightmare continues. Goal is at least enjoy a working microwave within the few days.

Wishing all a peaceful, enjoyable Sunday.

National-Peanut-Butter-and-Jelly-Day-April-2.jpg.webp
Yeah I plan on watching the women's game as well just to see Caitlyn Clark. I had to watch Youtube videos just to see who she was. Very impressive.

Hello all,

Had only one service today at our church. Felt the spirit like I never felt since we've been in Virginia since November 2016. I am thankful.

Made this Palm Sunday service..

Three families just left our new home where they prayed us into it.

No place to sit now but as soon as we are able the wife and I will have them back over and we can fellowship further...

Still moving things now...

I will check in later if the Lord doesn't take me home.... God Bless you all...

Good afternoon folks.

Beautiful day in the east.

Got my wife’s college roommate off to the airport for her return to Atlanta. Soaking up that very underrated sound —silence! The woman didn’t stop talking from the moment she walked in the house on Thursday until I dropped her off at the airport.

Didn’t get to see the games last night because of company. Sounds like the SD-FAU game was a classic.

May try to catch the women’s game a little later. Go Hawkeyes.

Hope you all have a good day.

Just finished watching UK sweep Missou with a 3-1 win today. UK run ruled them Friday night and Saturday but had to fight to win today. Bases loaded in the top of the ninth with 2 outs and got a pop up to the catcher to win. 25-3 for the season so far.

Now watching the Reds-Pirates bottom of the 5th 2 outs and Friedel hits a solo and Fraley follows with a double.

Edited: Inning ends on the third out with Reds up 3-1.

I am curious to see how much game time is shortened because of shorter pitch clock this year.
MLB has different time limits for the pitch clock depending on the situation. They are:

• 15 seconds with no runners on base.
  • 20 seconds with runners on.
  • 30 seconds between batters.
I know a couple of years back (not sure when) they cut down on the amount of time outside the batter's box (between pitches) for batters. Viewing replay for calls kind of took the time that saved back. Also wonder how much affect the non-shift rule will have on hits and scoring.
Just read that so far the average game time is down 25 minutes.

Stopped the moving today. Got most of our food and clothing to the new home. (I've been eating left over birthday cake from yesterday. This Ole boy "ain't" wasting no good food if I at all like it.)

I am readying turning on my work computer to see if I can finish two projects and my annual appraisal input since I received the go ahead late Friday to give input. I am off the next three days moving. IF I can get what I have to do completed I won't feel bad about not being around... I head to the VA early Thursday for my regular treatment and my regular day off is Friday so this promises to be a very short "work" week. I will get in some serious labor though... ;)

Have a fine evening.....

A local high school baseball coach got mad over an umpire call and threw a weighted batting glove. It went into his own teams dugout and hit a 14 year old player in the face. The player was taken by ambulance to a hospital. No word yet on the injuries and the school is conducting an investigation.

Edit to clarify, the gloves that fit on bats,not hands.

Last edited:
A local high school baseball coach got mad over an umpire call and threw a weighted batting glove. It went into his own teams dugout and hit a 14 year old player in the face. The player was taken by ambulance to a hospital. No word yet on the injuries and the school is conducting an investigation.

If this plays out like it was stated: Geez why can't people control themselves. Just criminal how so many wreak havoc letting their attitudes fly these days. I coached at several levels and played at several levels. I saw bats accidently slip out of players hands swinging, players getting hit in the head by a pitched ball or a ball hit nailing someone via a bad hop or just hit so hard you couldn't guard against it quickly enough but darned how in the H E double hockey sticks can a coach throw stuff in a game played by kids???

Are we that far gone as a society? I will stop...

If this plays out like it was stated: Geez why can't people control themselves. Just criminal how so many wreak havoc letting their attitudes fly these days. I coached at several levels and played at several levels. I saw bats accidently slip out of players hands swinging, players getting hit in the head by a pitched ball or a ball hit nailing someone via a bad hop or just hit so hard you couldn't guard against it quickly enough but darned how in the H E double hockey sticks can a coach throw stuff in a game played by kids???

Are we that far gone as a society? I will stop...
I can't link, but local TV is stating it that way.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 70°F and partly cloudy. Storms hit north of us. We may threaten record territory with 95°F as our high. More rain forecast later this week. Stay tuned.

Well, LSU ladies got their first natty. Hawkeyes gave their best shot.

Kitchen remodel continues. Flooring installed yesterday. Possibility for a microwave soon.

No chemo this week. Restart week of 10-14 April, I presume.

Monday, Monday...... Wishing all a great start to your week.

04-03-choc-mousse-1.jpg

It's baseball season now friends...

Sound doesn't start for a few seconds but you get the famous Jack Buck call.

I would have paid to watch Ozzie take infield practice. Best D I ever saw. He made a play against the Dodgers to end an inning. They replayed it a bunch of times on the big screen at the stadium and he got a new standing ovation each time. The Wizard.

Good Monday Morning

Coffee is good, weather is nice and I am thankful. 66 degrees, sunshine and no chance of rain today. The high will be 88°. Horrible weather in the South and Midwest with killer tornadoes.

Finals tonight and admit I have no interest, probably will skip it. Seeing UConn win their 5th title does not interest me. (I hope I jinxed them). Since we won in 1998, UConn may have 5 titles after night. We won in 2012 I hate to admit their program blew right by us.

Trust all are will. @AustinTXCat . you remain a priority in our prayers. God be with you and your family.

iu

Good morning D-League.

Busy day for me already. But sunny and cool in the east.

Just read that horror story of the rotten bastard in Florida who stabs the mother of his kid to death, then apparently leaves the 2-year-old to wander down into a pond to get eaten by an alligator. Unless the maniac killed the kid and threw it in the pond.

Sometimes you don't even want to claim membership in teh human race when you see what the worst of us is capable of.

Anyway, hope you all have a good day.

Good morning D-League.

Busy day for me already. But sunny and cool in the east.

Just read that horror story of the rotten bastard in Florida who stabs the mother of his kid to death, then apparently leaves the 2-year-old to wander down into a pond to get eaten by an alligator. Unless the maniac killed the kid and threw it in the pond.

Sometimes you don't even want to claim membership in teh human race when you see what the worst of us is capable of.

Anyway, hope you all have a good day.
This has been all over local news for days now. Reports say the boy was dead when the gators got to him.

Rest assured this man will go to death row.

This has been all over local news for days now. Reports say the boy was dead when the gators got to him.

Rest assured this man will go to death row.
That's some small comfort Sawnee, though however the boy died - stabbed by his father or drowned, it was a terrible death. Yeah, that is something that at least in Florida or Texas the worst of the worst can be executed.

Just got back from the oral surgeon. Two implants screwed into the upper jaw bone. Will have a 3-tooth bridge emplaced a few months later if I don't need further surgery. Did not tell us how it went, just said to come back on 1 May for follow up to see how it has healed. Liquids for the next day or so then on to soft foods until I am told I can chew.

Just got back from the oral surgeon. Two implants screwed into the upper jaw bone. Will have a 3-tooth bridge emplaced a few months later if I don't need further surgery. Did not tell us how it went, just said to come back on 1 May for follow up to see how it has healed. Liquids for the next day or so then on to soft foods until I am told I can chew.
If you would have been nice to me Warrior I would not have knocked them out!

GEEZE. o_O

Hello all,

At it in real time. Ye ole hip is gone but it doesn't matter.

Oh yeah, I mentioned to My Darling that today is our anniversary....

I got her this time but I cannot rub it in, we are both in pain but My Darling did proclaim as we entered our new home carrying some stuff...

"Home Sweet Home"... You have to know My Darling, she never stated it because of the old saying. She stated it because she meant it...❤️🥰🥰🥰❤️

Have a great day...

This morning we made our first trip to the hunting lease since Dec. With all the high winds this winter we expected to have to cut a lot of trees down across the road and brought 2 chainsaws. We were blessed and were able to move everything without cutting.

We found our first deer shed (or it found us). I told my wife that we have another good story to tell and it only cost us about $100 (hopefully). And we saw 3 deer and heard 2 gobblers. Spring turkey season opens the 15th.

339281603_1212905169420918_7367052686240642032_n.jpg

I hope everyone has a great day.

Edit to clarify, the gloves that fit on bats,not hands.
A bit more to add. There was a disturbance between fans and coaches after the game. Don't know which fans or coaches. Deputies took statements and obtained video. Coach is on leave till the investigation is over.

If you would have been nice to me Warrior I would not have knocked them out!

GEEZE. o_O
These were already gone and needed extra work me thinks to build on. Put in bases that receive the stem that holds the new fake teeth. Will see how this works, then decide on a couple of more I want removed and replaced from the upper left side.
I got a feeling he wouldn't be very nice if you knocked them out.
He might have done me a favor, just get them all replaced in one shot.
I am an old grizzled man who warrior could whack out in a fraction of a minute; however, he loves me and would refuse to hurt me.

I love to tease 65 year old martial arts guys.
These days I only think about what I could do not what can do in reality. Now I am at that stage where the old saying: "those that can do, do. Those who can't teach".

Last edited:
Watching the Reds play the Cubs with Overton on the mound for the good guys. I sometimes wonder what managers think about sometimes. Overton had an ERA just over 15 in spring training. The first two batters got hits to get on, then a strikeout, followed by a home run to put the Cubs up 3-0. Reds now at bat.

Hold the phone: First 5 Reds batters have got legit hits with no outs runners at 1st and 2nd scored tied 3-3.

Edited: would still like to see a better pitcher out there.

So my eight years old inkjet color printer was leaking yellow ink like mad yesterday. I can't figure out how to correct. Down to black only. Shades of gray not preferred for nudes. So ordered an Epson "ecotank" with huge ink tanks. I could be gone before it needs to be refilled. But sick & tired of buying HP cartridges every year or less. Expensive.

Neighbor three doors down had riding lawnmower stolen today - so she thinks. Sent email to all the neighbors. My video doorbell didn't catch anything & I emailed that back. Two hours later two cops show up at door & before they could ask I told them I saw nothing. I didn't realize the neighborhood was so dangerous. Next thing you know coyotes will be attacking dogs. Now that is true. One killed about a month ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT