ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Hello all,

I am feeling awfully light... Mighty light, extremely light...............ridiculously light...... STUPID LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completed the wire transfer on my house payment about an hour ago....

Waiting for it to clear ................................... to the correct party...........

7gcx7o.jpg

How many here on this thread watch the American Heros Channel AHC and the WW1&2 shows and the Vietnam shows? I Think I've seen them all , at least twice. There are some amazing videos.

Anyway, stay sharp D-Ler's, you never know when this bunch will show up 👽👽👽👽👽👽
Imo, this is by far the best Vietnam War documentary out there. As for WW2, I've watched quite a few that were good.

GUEST_709aa4c7-7b7d-4e15-9c80-1c2e24e2fb5a

Both ends burning but that's still okay. I am thankful...

Doing our re-walkthrough with builder in the morning, then taking My Darling to a new dinner spot we've yet to try.

Then back to tie up all the final packing before the movers get here next week.

Then the fun starts rejuvenating this place...

God Bless your rest...,

Good Morning D

The weather report is pleasant this morning. 58° and once the sun come up we should reach 85°. 0% chance of rain.

I am looking to get away for a few days to celebrate our wedding anniversary. May head down to Everglades City and Naples beach. I may book it today.

I am purging my office am got about half way through it. I am digging in some more today. The yard boy is coming today to mow and trim. My yard work is finished for now and the next several weeks when I will be putting down some cypress mulch.

Trust all are well and you are in our prayers.

saint-augustine-fl-city-gates-c-w-hooper.jpg

Good morning from ATX. Currently 61°F and cloudy. Rain chances increasing around noon. Possible thunderstorms. Today's high may hit 79°F.

Fort Hood soldier, Daniel Perry, is accused of shooting a Black Lives Matter protestor in self-defense. Perry on trial now. Hope he's acquitted.

Kitchen remodel continues. Painful, dusty mess.

Flying out 3 weeks from tomorrow. April 21st is a Texas state holiday (San Jacinto Day). Rather than working, I'll leave by bus early for the airport on that Friday. Allegiant Air departs out of new terminal. Chance to check out the food offerings [winking]

Wishing all an awesome Thursday.

soup.jpg

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

MORNING LEGIONNAIRES!

52° this morning with moderate winds. Today's high in the low 60's with a possibility of thunderstorms. Getting more rain than normal so far this year which means my fishing holes should be better. Hopefully.

Had a 117/73 BP last night before bed. Still very weak and lightheaded throughout the day but my doctor wants to wait until the first of May after I have seen oral surgeon (Monday's implants operation) and the cardiologist (13 April) to decide whether to change dose or type of med.

Today starts the regular season of MLB with the Reds at home against the Pirates at 3pm central. Have internet TV and an App that might allow me to get the game. Crossing fingers and eyes for luck.

Training my student today (late morning) and then on to lunch with a couple of friends. Got to get some eating out the next few days because I will be on liquids and soft foods for a while (month or so) after surgery. Well, one good thing is my weight loss plan will be ramped up.

You folks enjoy your day, be safe out there, and God Bless. Our Father who art in Heaven...you know the rest.

Both ends burning but that's still okay. I am thankful...

Doing our re-walkthrough with builder in the morning, then taking My Darling to a new dinner spot we've yet to try.

Then back to tie up all the final packing before the movers get here next week.

Then the fun starts rejuvenating this place...

God Bless your rest...,
That sounds exciting. Always nice to move into a new home although there is a lot of work to do. We are thankful and happy for you.

Good morning folks.

Cool and clear in the east.

Can't believe it is baseball season. When I was a kid, Cincinnati got the well-deserved honor of being the lone game on Opening Day on a Monday by virtue of being the oldest professional franchise. And even across the river we got the day off from school in case we wanted to go and watch the large Opening Day parade in Cincy. That had been going on since the 1800s and was a big deal for a kid who loved baseball.

Of course, tradition doesn't stand a chance up against Television Dollars so that went away. I imagine they'll still have a parade but it won't officially mark the start of the major league season for all of baseball any more.

As for 2023, I've been able to muster a little excitement to see how the young pitching staff anchored by Greene and Lodolo does.

Hope you all have a good day.

Good morning folks.

Can't believe it is baseball season. When I was a kid, Cincinnati got the well-deserved honor of being the lone game on Opening Day on a Monday by virtue of being the oldest professional franchise. And even across the river we got the day off from school in case we wanted to go and watch the large Opening Day parade in Cincy. That had been going on since the 1800s and was a big deal for a kid who loved baseball.

Of course, tradition doesn't stand a chance up against Television Dollars so that went away. I imagine they'll still have a parade but it won't officially mark the start of the major league season for all of baseball any more.

As for 2023, I've been able to muster a little excitement to see how the young pitching staff anchored by Greene and Lodolo does.

Hope you all have a good day.
I am curious to see how much game time is shortened because of shorter pitch clock this year.
MLB has different time limits for the pitch clock depending on the situation. They are:

• 15 seconds with no runners on base.
  • 20 seconds with runners on.
  • 30 seconds between batters.
I know a couple of years back (not sure when) they cut down on the amount of time outside the batter's box (between pitches) for batters. Viewing replay for calls kind of took the time that saved back. Also wonder how much affect the non-shift rule will have on hits and scoring.

I am curious to see how much game time is shortened because of shorter pitch clock this year.
MLB has different time limits for the pitch clock depending on the situation. They are:

I know a couple of years back (not sure when) they cut down on the amount of time outside the batter's box (between pitches) for batters. Viewing replay for calls kind of took the time that saved back. Also wonder how much affect the non-shift rule will have on hits and scoring.
I read something (not sure of accuracy) that in minor league games it was something like 23 minutes on average.

You KNOW baserunners will figure out a way to manipulate this, making a sudden lunge as if taking off a few seconds before the 20 seconds expire etc. It'll be interesting to see how it is enforced. If a pitcher throws over to first, does the clock start again?

Good Morning D

The weather report is pleasant this morning. 58° and once the sun come up we should reach 85°. 0% chance of rain.

I am looking to get away for a few days to celebrate our wedding anniversary. May head down to Everglades City and Naples beach. I may book it today.

I am purging my office am got about half way through it. I am digging in some more today. The yard boy is coming today to mow and trim. My yard work is finished for now and the next several weeks when I will be putting down some cypress mulch.

Trust all are well and you are in our prayers.

saint-augustine-fl-city-gates-c-w-hooper.jpg
Love Old Town St. Augustine.

Last edited:
Good morning folks.

Got to go once at old Crosley in HS. Grandpa got tickets & he needed someone to drive. 🤪 I never saw him drive but his sons all claimed he was the worst ever driver. Probably was over 40 till he had a car & then not for too long. He was the source of the entire family's love for BB. He played for the 12 Mile All-Stars in late-1890's.

Sat down the LF line near the bottom of the OF terrace. Sunny, not too warm as I wore my HS winter jacket. Reds bullpen was there exposed to live play as were many bullpens were in those days (Any left?). Bullpen players sat under an awning attached to the OF wall in foul ground. No idea who won.

Last edited:
Good Morning everyone (beat the deadline by a min or so)

I worked a lot at the place on the lake since we haven't been down for 5 months. Dad and I fished some and he caught one good striper (32 & 1/2") and we caught a few other fish. Pretty good weather, but Dad sure didn't like the cold mornings.

338981380_241910198207055_4459023500323158955_n.jpg

I saw where Wheeler is transferring and waiting for the other news. Going to be a long month.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Good Morning everyone (beat the deadline by a min or so)

I worked a lot at the place on the lake since we haven't been down for 5 months. Dad and I fished some and he caught one good striper (32 & 1/2") and we caught a few other fish. Pretty good weather, but Dad sure didn't like the cold mornings.

338981380_241910198207055_4459023500323158955_n.jpg

I saw where Wheeler is transferring and waiting for the other news. Going to be a long month.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Were you fishing on Cumberland?

Hello all,

We checked out our new soon to be "Home" this morning. (All okay for now.). I found out earlier this morning that mine and My Darlings dough got where it needed to be...Wheww...(It was a bunch of dough at one time and the uneasy feeling lurks simply due to the lenders disclaimer of once it is sent there is no retrieval.

Oh, at closings now, at least in Virginia the funds MUST be wired. How very stupid that you cannot bring certified funds any longer BUT you MUST use something to where there is a chance you can lose ALL your dough. It is FULLY criminal and a worry to anyone above the feeble-minded.

We feel good about what we are doing so there is that. We bought a box of strong larger garbage bags. (We will transport most of our clothes. We will load up the back of our car in the morning. We are to close at noon.

Once I ensure we have the keys I will take most of our "critical" equipment in a few trips. The heavy stuff I will leave for the movers Tuesday...

My Darling thinks we have to be in a critical frame of mind but I envision all and we have ample time to do what we plan to do.

I love My Darling more than life. But women are different... (Not a bad thing!)

images

1196650440-funny-male-female-brain-shopping-women-pictures-images-photos.jpg

CqKNP7TUAAASHXk.jpg

Last edited:
You KNOW baserunners will figure out a way to manipulate this, making a sudden lunge as if taking off a few seconds before the 20 seconds expire etc. It'll be interesting to see how it is enforced. If a pitcher throws over to first, does the clock start again?
Should make the game a little more exciting. You would think they probably should start the pitch count over again for throws to first. Interesting thought though, who knows. Hopefully I can see today.

Last edited:
Hunter Greene on the mound throwing around 100mph. Last four were 102, 101, 101, and 101.

Edited: last pitch 91 for the third strike and third out. Pirates stranded 2 after the first at bat.

Edited: Reds had bases loaded no outs. Hit into double play with India scoring and then a pop up. 1-0 Reds after 1.

Last edited:
Announcers for the Reds game just stated that the pitcher gets two throws to the base (per batter) to get the runner and if they do a third and still do not get him, it will be a balk.

Heck yeah, just change history... BS....

Many great runner/ pitcher duals are now out the window..... BLM...

Baseball Lives/ Lore Matter...

Hunter Green started having problems with the pitch count, got called on one for a ball, and then sped up and threw one right over the plate for a home run. 1-1 now and then he struggled and is out in the 4th. Cruz is now pitching with two on then loaded up the bases and walked a run in. Cruz has thrown 13 with about half of them in the dirt. Pitch count may be affecting them so far.

Edited: Cruz has thrown 22 pitches, 8 for strikes and the rest for balls and more walks. Two runs walked in and a wild pitch scores another. 4-1 Pirates. Another pitching change coming.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT