ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

So daughter purchased some baby ducks from Tractor Supply. Oh, boy. I'd prefer she bought Geese. Geese make for better service watch animals. Nearest body of water is Indian Creek, roughly one mile distant. Maybe I can convince her to release at Fern Lake down near Middlesboro after they grow a bit. Anyways, granddaughter seems excited.

333616453_152881317669770_7407538461762044140_n.jpg

I think that they will.

They said that UK and Missouri are projected as 7 seeds and Tennessee is a 3. How do they get to that? It may be true but if true how damned dumb is the selection committee?
They've been giving UT a high seed for weeks. In the meantime they finished 5th in the SEC and lost 7 of their last 12. A 3 seed would be really odd.

Hello all,

Been checked out most of today. My Darling and I did attend services this morning.

Had Col's calling, others... I plan to be into work a little early in the morning if the Lord doesn't take me home. I am usually one of the first one's in the building anyway. I never want to be the first as there are too many hoops to jump through.

Just in a daze today as I realize what will be tomorrow. (Sadly, I have been there before in this same type situation.) I just want to be available.

On another note:

This team is what it is...If they decide, who knows...

Have a peaceful evening and give thanks... God Bless you all D-League brothers...

Here you go...before I turn in for the night...

THIS is how you go to work for the American people!!!!

335470094_768458651143446_2625960881666255723_n.jpg

These politicians are taking DECISIVE action and just going to speak into existence strengthening public confidence.

Go ahead make a speech and tell people to have confidence. The most work I have ever seen from politicians... They are working hard!!!

Good morning from ATX. Currently 53°F and partly cloudy. Light wind out of the north. Today's high may reach 69°F. We'll take it. Looking forward to morning walk.

Love Cats seeding for this season's Big Dance. Major question is whether this team capitalizes on it. Filled out one bracket already. Several more to go.

Finally enjoyed a decent night sleep last night. Slept in the chair. No leg cramps. Next step is tackling mouth pain.

Monday, Monday...

Wishing all an awesome start to your week.

VL-K9-Veterans-Day-HERO.jpg

Good Monday Morning

A light rain at the present, 63° with winds SW 10 MPH. Heavy rain later this morning with lots of sunshine around 3:00 PM. The high should 76°.

I have adjusted OK to the time change. Got up at my normal 5:30 AM without an alarm clock. I have never had to rely on an alarm clock. If I know I need to get up at 3:00 AM to catch a plane or go on a trip. I wake up.

I like the Cats draw in the tournament. No complaints and I think the East is the easiest region. Trust all are well and in good spirits.

Dunskey Castle

331543952_1164453054242294_3553205001502640904_n.jpg

Last edited:
Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning D-Legionnaires!

37° this morning with light winds. High to be in the upper 40's.

Agree with everyone that we have a decent seeding and bracket (all things considered). Unfortunately, with our Jeckell and Hyde performance this year it is hard to say who will show up. On a positive note, we don't have to play Vandy again
Andrew Garfield Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

Hey, all of you workers out here be careful out there and to the others like me, it's just another day to relax (grass cutting and other chores just around the corner though).

God Bless.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning D-Legionnaires!

Agree with everyone that we have a decent seeding and bracket (all things considered). Unfortunately, with our Jeckell and Hyde performance this year it is hard to say who will show up. On a positive note, we don't have to play Vandy again

I was speaking with my grandson about Providence and he says they are a good team but UK should handle them. He attends Xavier and they are in the same conference and he has seen them in person. They play tough and took Marquette to double overtime and took Xavier to overtime but lost. The good news is they are on a 3 game losing streak.

I guess we will have to wait and see which UK team shows up. Like you said, we don't have to play Vandy again.

Good morning everyone.

@AustinTXCat I raised Chocolate Labs for 20 years and many of them ended up with the KY Dept. of Fish and Wildlife's K-9 program. Good life for them.

@Sawnee Cat I don't really need an alarm either. However, if I need to get up at 5 AM I usually will wake up at 3 AM. I've been a morning person my entire life and could get much of my daily work done here at home before daylight. I don't think I've seen a peacock in FL yet.

The bracket worked out great for me. I'll be able to watch the game here Friday night, go to a meeting out of town Sat., spend the night with my parents, and return Sunday for our 2nd game (fingers crossed). I will force myself to be optimistic until we are out and then get on with other spring activities.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning D-League.

Hate this "spring forward" nonsense. Feels like I'm starting work a half hour too early but it is actually a half hour too late.

My two youngest both back under my roof temporarily. My wife and daughter got back from Paris last night.

My souvenir: A long-sleeve Carhartt shirt! My wife says she saw them in a Parisian store and thought my son and I would look good in them...Nothing screams France like Carhartt...But I'm glad to have it.

Back when I was a young pipeline worker everyone wore Carhartt jackets and coats as real construction worker clothing in the winter. I wore a Carhartt jacket to weld in while in Alaska, as did most everybody. Now as I understand it, it's considered 'cool' for college kids and young urban adults to wear it. Well, I'm glad the company evolved and found a niche.

Cats got a good draw. I'm in a 'show me' mode but do have some hope. It feels a little like when I looked at the bracket in 2014 when the Cats were an 8-Seed, and said to myself, "you know what..."

Last edited:
I don't think I've seen a peacock in FL yet.
Storm, they may be a little bit South of where you go although they have been spotted in Sumter, Lake and Citrus Counties. Here is an article from 2019 of the problems in Brevard County (Space Coast) and how much of a nuisance they can be. They are nasty and tear up about everything they get next to. And they make a lot of noise. Loud noise.

We have a bunch at Weeki Wachee Springs but they are controlled and fed. But if they decide to fly away I can see them coming over to my yard. It would be a good meal for a gator or bobcat.

Peacocks and Peahens

floridapeacocks3.jpg

Thanks Sir,

Just got back from our weekly grocery run to the markets.

It is disheartening, my Dad lived to be 74 (He never took care of himself, drank caroused, among other things.) My Brother is pushing 72 now (He drinks and used to smoke cigars but he has taken much better care of himself then our parents and relatives did.) as I am pushing 62. I think about the history knowing that my Dad very probably lived longer than ANY of his family. My maternal grandpa lived to be 72 (I was with him trying to revive him when he died, I was on leave at the time from Fort Bragg.), my Mom died at 67. (Mom never drank (Just a little when I was very young. (I saw a couple pictures.) Mom did smoke a bunch, (My maternal grandma died at 67.) Dad chewed, smoked, drank, ...

While I love my Dad and Mom, I took off in life very tempered. Though I had my moments I cannot say I abused myself except in spurts. (I made a covenant with God long ago (In my mid-teens) as to the things I would, not, do...) (I have not done those things I knew would lead for sure to a short life.)

Who knows what tomorrow holds as we are not promised tomorrow. In any event for me I am thankful. The move we are making at the beginning of April will be to a home My Darling can keep up with. It is new and even though brand new homes can have plenty of issues it won't be anything major. My two daughters live within a couple miles and my one daughter will be right at a mile away.

I will feel better once we get moved and settled. While I feel fine now, I have relatives that died much too early BUT, they all had vices and lifestyles that very probably caused their premature deaths. I'd say my brother and I are in un-charted waters as far as longevity goes but, in any event, I am thankful. I know the Lord, and he is who I put my trust in and have for a long while now...

God Bless you Sir and all...
I just picked up on this thread......I have been the patriarch of our family since I was 56 yrs old....... I am the last limb of our family tree.........the men folk in our family don't live to be very old...........except for me........I am going to be the trail blazer.........

So daughter purchased some baby ducks from Tractor Supply. Oh, boy. I'd prefer she bought Geese. Geese make for better service watch animals. Nearest body of water is Indian Creek, roughly one mile distant. Maybe I can convince her to release at Fern Lake down near Middlesboro after they grow a bit. Anyways, granddaughter seems excited.

333616453_152881317669770_7407538461762044140_n.jpg
I have raised French Muscovy ducks for years........we eat a lot of duck.........

I have raised French Muscovy ducks for years........we eat a lot of duck.........
Just read French Muscovy are great for meat. Around here, they are huge sellers mainly in the Asian community. Could make for a decent little side-hustle if she can educate herself more. Perhaps I can "surprise" my daughter with some more ducks when I travel out there next month.

Thanks!

Just read French Muscovy are great for meat. Around here, they are huge sellers mainly in the Asian community. Could make for a decent little side-hustle if she can educate herself more. Perhaps I can "surprise" my daughter with some more ducks when I travel out there next month.

Thanks!
Perhaps if things go according to plan the awf's would have some ducklings to share with someone that was interested.......if you have grass to put them on they are very economical to raise. They will fly....(away)......if not clipped. I have had them sit on as many as 32 eggs.......hatching 26 and raising 24.......they would be ready for the market at between 10-12 weeks of age.........they don't quack and make a bunch of noise........the eggs are quite tasty..........and they don't need a lot of water.....we have a wading pool that is maybe 40" x 12".........they are a land based duck.......they are also the only duck that isn't related to the wild mallard genetically........they are probably closer to a goose.........

Perhaps if things go according to plan the awf's would have some ducklings to share with someone that was interested.......if you have grass to put them on they are very economical to raise. They will fly....(away)......if not clipped. I have had them sit on as many as 32 eggs.......hatching 26 and raising 24.......they would be ready for the market at between 10-12 weeks of age.........they don't quack and make a bunch of noise........the eggs are quite tasty..........and they don't need a lot of water.....we have a wading pool that is maybe 40" x 12".........they are a land based duck.......they are also the only duck that isn't related to the wild mallard genetically........they are probably closer to a goose.........
Sounds great. Let me check with daughter here over the next day or so and I'll get back with you.

Thanks!

Here's something to think about. Last year the Cats lost to St. Peters on St. Patrick's Day. This year the Cats play Providence, a Catholic college, also on St. Patrick's Day. I have to get that thought out of my head.

I am still trying to be able to at least watch the game. Seems EVERY game I watch the Cats lose...

Someone tell Mitch that and Cal may get an after life deal....

Hello all,

Settled down a bit. It was not a good day at work. My counterpart was well loved and had been there about ten years. I grew fond of him in the few months I have known him...

In all things give thanks... a hard saying but trusting in God is easy. God Bless you all.
Our pastor keeps telling us this, if we are going to praise GOD, in our good times, we need to praise HIM when times are not so good!!! GOD is the reason I have gotten through our loss of JP, he also says it's ok to question GOD, I have, I've ask him many times why, one day I will know the answer!!!

Good morning from ATX. Currently 50°F and clear with periodic clouds. Today's high may come in around 66°F. Must bundle up a bit for my morning walk.

Filled out roughly 7 brackets so far (ESPN, Yahoo). Plan on joining Capital One since I maintain accounts over there. May look at a couple others. Must think outside the box.

Planned on meeting up with colleagues after work this afternoon, but doggone mouth-pain still an issue. Game-time decision.

@awf : Tried calling daughter 2x last night and texted her once. Seems when these kids want something, they want it now, but dear old dad can wait. Perhaps know more this afternoon.

@storm1507 : Awesome reflection about raising Chocolate Labs for KY K-9 program. Loved it. Dogs are the lord's gift to mankind.

Wishing all a fine Tuesday.

march-16-national-potato-chip-day-march-14-1024x512.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT