ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

Good morning from ATX. Currently 67°F and cloudy with 95% humidity. Today's high expected around 81°F. Should make for a nice hike.

Some nutjobs set a local 120 year-old church on fire causing at least $200K damage. Lunatics. Hope they catch 'em.

Couple games on SEC network tonight. Ole Miss vs SC and LSU vs UGA. May give a look.

Wishing all a Happy Hump Day.

peanut-clusters-day.jpg

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning D-Legionnaires!

42° this morning with a slight chance of a thunderstorm. 58° for the high with rain likely.

Set myself up a spreadsheet on Excel to monitor daily levels (calories, salt, sugar, protein, liquids, BP count, etc...) and exercise routines yesterday (gives me something more to do). Many columns. Hit every goal except one and that was caloric intake. Set it for 2000 calories a day. Hit 2210 which is ok since I have calculated with my age, size, and exercise routine, I can take in around 2420 calories a day and still maintain my current weight level. Anything under that means weight loss over a period of time.

This morning's BP: 138/78 lowest since this began. Need to keep it down since I have oral surgery on the 3rd of April (3 implants upper right side).

Not much else going on today except hoping weather holds this morning, monster needs her exercise. Took her out for a longer one yesterday and she was wore out (carrying that big body).

@AustinTXCat stay the course and prayers man. The rest of you be careful out there and God Bless.

You missed my point:

How much Kentucky taxes did you pay the last year?
How much is your electricity per kilo watt hour?
How much is hour natural gas bill? Most of those States don’t even have natural gas as an alternative.
How much property taxes on your house did you pay?
How much property taxes on your cars did you pay?
What is your sales tax rate on food and drugs?
How much is your property insurance compared to some of those states?
How cheap is your water compared to Nevada, which has no damned water? How about Eastern Washington? Eastern Washington is dry, dry!

KY income taxes are very minimal. Plus, one of my good friends is in the Kentucky Senate and they are planning on getting rid of Income Taxes because the administrative cost are so large.

Check out the sales taxes in those states you mentioned. Check out the utilities in those states. Check out the water costs in those states because some are very arid.

Sorry to attack but before I retired I checked all of this shit out.

Hear, hear!!!

Good Wednesday Morning

It is 67° on the Nature Coast and will climb to 82°. A pleasant day with winds NNE at 11 mph. Nice day. It would be a good day to take in a Spring Training game. My son in Kentucky is still without power. No idea when they will get it up and running. He has two large generators that are keeping essentials going until KU gets things up again.

A strong black cup of coffee is mighty fine this time of day. Trust all are well and in good spirits.

iu

Good morning everyone.

Biscuits. I did say I don't eat them often for breakfast, but we did have them last night with baked deer, homemade gravy, and roasted taters. I try my best not to overeat anymore so I have leftovers waiting on me this morning. Leftovers sometimes are better than the first day.

332807844_881938329705803_7811346825958793990_n.jpg

Wildlife Wednesday....the night before we left on our vacation we had a visitor pull down one of the bird feeders again. I had filled them all up prior to leaving early the next morning. He enjoyed his meal for about 15 minutes. He left but later came back and snatched the feeder and was running off with it. I'm still quick enough to chase after and holler until he dropped it. Pic is right out the window.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning folks.

Sitting in the subway parking lot making sure my battery which was dead as a door nail this morning gets a full half hour charge before I head to the trains. Odds are it’ll still be dead when I get back at 8 tonight, but I want to give myself a chance.

Wife and daughter off to Paris. I’m surrounded by women whose capacity and talent for spending money far exceeds my talent for earning it.

Glad to see Northern Kentucky advance. I watched the game and they’ll be Road kill for a #1 seed, but still an accomplishment.

I guess I’ve got as much of a charge as I’m going to get. Wish me luck tonight. And have a good day.

This day is a day to remember. (May blab about it later.)

I will blab about it now....

334751150_5901612773257759_8471525097395440342_n.jpg

I have had 425 people inquire about that one $10.00 piece of wire "fence"... In two days.... (I have another piece about that size, I may just sell to two people. I am not one to gouge but darned if I was thinking of raising the price to $20.00) I think I paid $7 or $10.00 for it new. Just WoW...

My Darling and I are buying a new home.. down-sizing some. I am selling off items and this was the low piece on the totem pole...

My buddy is building some things here- chicken coop, shed, raised beds and a fenced in area for his dogs and such. He's probably one of the 425 people. He'd probably pay the full price AND send you an autographed photo of a UK player

Good morning everyone.

Biscuits. I did say I don't eat them often for breakfast, but we did have them last night with baked deer, homemade gravy, and roasted taters. I try my best not to overeat anymore so I have leftovers waiting on me this morning. Leftovers sometimes are better than the first day.

332807844_881938329705803_7811346825958793990_n.jpg

Wildlife Wednesday....the night before we left on our vacation we had a visitor pull down one of the bird feeders again. I had filled them all up prior to leaving early the next morning. He enjoyed his meal for about 15 minutes. He left but later came back and snatched the feeder and was running off with it. I'm still quick enough to chase after and holler until he dropped it. Pic is right out the window.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Invest in some lightweight body armor and a helmet just in case they turn to take you on. ;) My first thought was that someone else wanted some of those vittles you were talking about from last night.

Good morning D-League!

Wife has the day off so we got to spend most of the morning together. Now time to go work in the cool weather. A friend is roping me into some work at his place before his chicks and trees come in. May be sawing some downed trees and setting some posts. It'll be good to see him work! LOL

He's been about the best local friend I've had here in KY since a mutual friend of ours passed. Had no idea we had so much in common until our friend introduced us over 20 yrs ago. He's more conservative than most I know and sends me a lot of stuff to post on the boards. He reads them sometimes but hasn't posted himself in years. (A group of us shared accounts on CatsP and such years ago.)

Anyway, I hope you all have a great day. My friend does as well. Lol. He says "keep up the good fight on the political boards like you do here!" My sentiments exactly.

May God continue to bless the D-LEAGUE!

Good morning folks.

Sitting in the subway parking lot making sure my battery which was dead as a door nail this morning gets a full half hour charge before I head to the trains. Odds are it’ll still be dead when I get back at 8 tonight, but I want to give myself a chance.

Wife and daughter off to Paris. I’m surrounded by women whose capacity and talent for spending money far exceeds my talent for earning it.

Well, you WERE surrounded... Hope you can get some joy out of having some time to yourself. I miss my ladies when they're not around, but they take up a lot of time.

Glad to see Northern Kentucky advance. I watched the game and they’ll be Road kill for a #1 seed, but still an accomplishment.

I guess I’ve got as much of a charge as I’m going to get. Wish me luck tonight. And have a good day.

Hope that battery surprises you when you get back and still has a charge!

Good Wednesday Morning

It is 67° on the Nature Coast and will climb to 82°. A pleasant day with winds NNE at 11 mph. Nice day. It would be a good day to take in a Spring Training game. My son in Kentucky is still without power. No idea when they will get it up and running. He has two large generators that are keeping essentials going until KU gets things up again.

A strong black cup of coffee is mighty fine this time of day. Trust all are well and in good spirits.

iu

Reminds me of a campground my friend told me about on the east coast of Florida between St Augustine and either Daytona or Jax. Can't remember now. Stayed there for a few nights back in the 90s. Hugo (maybe) had knocked down the palm trees at this little KOA and hid the entire place from the road. Best nights sleep I ever had being just 50 ft or so from the surf, in a tent, listening to the surf pound the beach through the sand under my sleeping bag.

Last time I drove through there I couldn't find it. Might have been sold to developers. Might have just missed it

Good morning from ATX. Currently 67°F and cloudy with 95% humidity. Today's high expected around 81°F. Should make for a nice hike.

Some nutjobs set a local 120 year-old church on fire causing at least $200K damage. Lunatics. Hope they catch 'em.

The difference between liberal fascists and conservatives right there. Hardly anyone conservative would ever think of burning someone else's property because we had a different faith or belief. Liberals think about it and now say it out loud constantly

Well, you WERE surrounded... Hope you can get some joy out of having some time to yourself. I miss my ladies when they're not around, but they take up a lot of time.

Hope that battery surprises you when you get back and still has a charge!
Thanks Girt. Plenty of time alone to watch hoops until my son gets home from UK's spring break, then we'll watch together.

And yeah, it'd be nice in the dark and the cold tonight if the car starts...

Much of the neighborhood across our street still doesn't have power after Friday's storm. Different grid I'm guessing. We escaped fortunately. After losing power for a week in 2008 (Hurricane Ike) and 2009 (ice storm) I bought a generator. It's still in the box and hasn't been used. Hopefully we won't get a chance to try it out.

You missed my point:

How much Kentucky taxes did you pay the last year?
How much is your electricity per kilo watt hour?
How much is hour natural gas bill? Most of those States don’t even have natural gas as an alternative.
How much property taxes on your house did you pay?
How much property taxes on your cars did you pay?
What is your sales tax rate on food and drugs?
How much is your property insurance compared to some of those states?
How cheap is your water compared to Nevada, which has no damned water? How about Eastern Washington? Eastern Washington is dry, dry!

KY income taxes are very minimal. Plus, one of my good friends is in the Kentucky Senate and they are planning on getting rid of Income Taxes because the administrative cost are so large.

Check out the sales taxes in those states you mentioned. Check out the utilities in those states. Check out the water costs in those states because some are very arid.

Sorry to attack but before I retired I checked all of this shit out.
I don't feel attacked. :) I'm fine. OK, I missed your point.

OK, tell me to shut up & not discuss this here further. But Biden wants to increase Medicare tax rate on high-earning workers to pay we retirees' Medicare that supposedly won't take in enough by 2028-29 to pay all benefits. Assuming that's accurate, is that a good solution or even close to one? I'm also assuming most who post here are on Medicare. And we know Medicare overpays. I don't know what to do about that. But someone will have to pay.

That said, I think it would be better to increase our/my Medicare monthly insurance payments. I'd do something like:
- Double the monthly rate on the youngest, non-disabled, like ages 65-68. Those are likely still able to work whether they want to or not. Then I'd drop them back to their proper base rate.
- I'd increase the base rate people's premiums like 10-15% and each of the higher stepped-up rates with higher income like 25%. Seems they can afford it if they take in that much annually. Let users pay. We're in the first step up bracket most years, $194-240K. So that would be from $165/mo. current to $180-5/mo. in the base bracket.
- Maybe add a another higher premium bracket between base & first step up rate?
- Workers paying more like Biden wants hurts the economy imo.

What think? Other thoughts? What do those not on Medicare yet think? Not trying to start a fight, just a level-headed discussion. Thanks.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
UK plays the last game on Friday night. Scheduled for 9 but it'll probably be closer to 10. Meanwhile #4 Missouri plays at 3 PM. If the Cats win they'll have to play at 3 PM Saturday. Not much rest.
I am preparing for the tournament like I always do. I have a mess of turkey legs defrosting that I will put in the oven to roast with my favorite spices.

I am a turkey leg connoisseur. Let's get this show on the road.

Well, I know you folks have been dying to find out…

No, my car did not start when I got to the subway station.

I was about to start the mile walk to my house when I spotted one lone woman walking to her car.

I tapped on her window and trying my best not to give off a Ted Bundy vibe said, “would you be willing to help me jump my car?”

She looked highly skeptical, so I added, “you don’t have to get out of your vehicle. Just crack your hood and I’ll do the rest,”

So she did. I offered to pay her but she just waved and accepted my thanks.

Well, I know you folks have been dying to find out…

No, my car did not start when I got to the subway station.

I was about to start the mile walk to my house when I spotted one lone woman walking to her car.

I tapped on her window and trying my best not to give off a Ted Bundy vibe said, “would you be willing to help me jump my car?”

She looked highly skeptical, so I added, “you don’t have to get out of your vehicle. Just crack your hood and I’ll do the rest,”

So she did. I offered to pay her but she just waved and accepted my thanks.

At least you're a nice creepy thang... (Glad it worked for you.)

Whoopy gone..... 😅 😅 😅

They fired her....(Uh, did not renew her contract...)

He's looking/ Lurking... (This would be the ONE time that the word "Lurking".... fit!)

B3-FB219_DANSON_M_20190924131910.jpg

Last edited:
Whoopy gone..... 😅 😅 😅

They fired her....(Uh, did not renew her contract...)

He's looking...

B3-FB219_DANSON_M_20190924131910.jpg
One down and 5 more to go.

I see that MLB has adopted a pitch clock. On average, it's shortened Spring Training games an average of 30 minutes. I guess that's a good thing for the fans in general.

About two and a half hours for a regular type nine inning game... Always wuz until....commercials...lot's and lot's of commercials. Change the game, don't change the commercials...

Last edited:
Good morning from ATX. Currently 60°F and cloudy with 96% humidity. Today's high expected around 84°F. More great walking weather.

Rodeo Austin kicks off again tomorrow. Except COVID and WW2, I believe the 2-week event has been held since annually 1938. Wife's brother in-law competed a few times back during his younger days. Opening day breakfast and BBQ out there are amazing.

Cats schedule to play Vandy-LSU winner. Go Cats.

Jim Boeheim retiring from Syracuse after 47 years. End of an era.

Wishing all a great day.

12819199_1102406409791537_8085634910348454798_o.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT