ADVERTISEMENT

D-League

334502189_557275306379601_8012623760716214313_n.jpg

What a game!

Me flipping off punk-ass Eric Musselman: At least 10.

Me flipping off Razorback Thugs: At least 10.

Best performance all season! Where has this team been hiding? What have I been saying about Reeves all year? Haha, Go Cats!
Go Cats, what a game in a very hostile arena . Reeves was superb

Good morning from ATX. Currently 55°F and cloudy. 96% humidity. Today's high expected around 80°F. Should make finishing up lawn a little easier.

Loved, JUST LOVED, our Cats yesterday. What a gutsy, methodical dismantling of the Hogs. Wife hollered at me several times because I would not shut up. Ha ha. Go Cats!

Yesterday's lawn-mowing adventure: Mower started. Cut some foot-high grass. Mower locked-up. Would not start. Low oil. Finally cycled after cooling down. Walked to auto parts store and got oil. I experienced severe knee and joint pain yesterday during walk, the likes of which I'd never seen. Bet it's side-effect from chemo. Returned. Added oil. Engine started. Runs good. I'll finish today with help from help from Tylenol. That stuff really works.

Wishing y'all a happy, peaceful Sunday.

National-Cheese-Doodle-Day-March-5.jpg.webp

Good morning folks.

Great win for the Cats yesterday. Its good to head into the post-season with some feeling of hope, and we can have that now.

I was thinking after the game, if the Cats had hit a last shot and beaten Vandy on Wednesday, I very much doubt they win at Arkansas. First, Fredrick would have been rested for sure because the 3-seed would have been locked. Then, I think they would have played a more straight Kentucky game -- no zone, no Toppin out on the point at times, and there wouldn't have been the same desperation to right the ship.

If that was the trade, then I'm glad they lost to Vandy. Because I think these guys learned so much about themselves, and how they can play if forced to as the tournaments approach.

Kansas, UNC both beaten (along with Louisville.) Let Michigan beat the Hoosiers and it'll be a perfect weekend.

Me and the BB got our ears lowered today! (My Darling worked as a barber for a good while. Thankful now, just me and the BB.) Feels good, I went too long between haircuts this time...
Wife did mine the other day as I too went too long between them. I want to get mine to the point of what it looks like in the pictures posted yesterday, but she wants me to have a little more than that.

What can you do. (Another rhetorical, I am just full of them).

@AustinTXCat I don't want to be reported to the office of repetitive, reoccurring, actions of redundancies, but another prayer has been sent up for you man and may God in his mercies keep you healthy.

Good Sunday Morning D

Slept good last night. Coffee this morning taste good and I am on my third cup. My doc said drink all of the black coffee you want so I follow his instructions.

Local weather is 63° and the high will reach 82°. My son in Kentucky is still without power and was told it may be next week before KU gets it up and going again. He also lost a lot of roof shingles from the winds and one of his large trees is laying on a power line.

My grandson plays Ultimate Frisbee for Xavier U and today they play against the USAF Academy where my granddaughter is a Cadet. We are going to watch on a streaming service. Should be fun.

Trust all are well and in good spirits.

cayo-costa-florida-72969616-f9fd240172fc4a739e52ea0e6eee401d.jpg

Good Sunday Morning D

Slept good last night. Coffee this morning taste good and I am on my third cup. My doc said drink all of the black coffee you want so I follow his instructions.

Local weather is 63° and the high will reach 82°. My son in Kentucky is still without power and was told it may be next week before KU gets it up and going again. He also lost a lot of roof shingles from the winds and one of his large trees is laying on a power line.

My grandson plays Ultimate Frisbee for Xavier U and today they play against the USAF Academy where my granddaughter is a Cadet. We are going to watch on a streaming service. Should be fun.

Trust all are well and in good spirits.

cayo-costa-florida-72969616-f9fd240172fc4a739e52ea0e6eee401d.jpg
"
I hope KU never gets it up again and they "peter" out of the tourney early. Oh wait! Wrong subject, carry on. :p

Last edited:
Good Sunday Morning everyone!

Just a great gutsy win yesterday. It was much needed to keep our hopes up for March Madness. I won't get too fired up but at least I'll be eagerly watching the tourneys.

Church setup in a bit and then Sunday services. Hopefully I'll get to watch some of the games this afternoon and get out and enjoy some spring weather.

I hope everyone enjoys their day.

I do hope all your days are going well. Just sat down after attending the late service. Mountains of paperwork to do, also I have decided (With My Darlings assistance.) to down-size my stash of "stuff"... I think we are making a move in about a month. Too much junk, too much junk... Let's see how much "stuff" I can get rid of...(My daughters living her also has their "remnants"... Let's see hos bad they want it...)

Ole BBUK is near, having a "FIRE" sale... 😁 😍 😍 😍 😍

Decluttering to the MAXIMUM!!!! (Long overdue BUT...) I am willing!

Have a great day! Get the consistency figured out in how you played yesterday Cats, have one or two pieces return AND meld in, and you will have something...

I do hope all your days are going well. Just sat down after attending the late service. Mountains of paperwork to do, also I have decided (With My Darlings assistance.) to down-size my stash of "stuff"... I think we are making a move in about a month. Too much junk, too much junk... Let's see how much "stuff" I can get rid of...(My daughters living her also has their "remnants"... Let's see hos bad they want it...)

Ole BBUK is near, having a "FIRE" sale... 😁 😍 😍 😍 😍

Decluttering to the MAXIMUM!!!! (Long overdue BUT...) I am willing!

Have a great day! Get the consistency figured out in how you played yesterday Cats, have one or two pieces return AND meld in, and you will have something...
Good luck on the downsizing. It is so hard to do. My wife may never do it so when we are gone the kids will probably have it all hauled away. They do not want anything.

One of my first cousins recently moved from Kansas City to Idaho. Retired. Just the two of them and some dog ashes they dumped in Colorado at some mountain peak. They packed a few suit cases full of personal items then called an "estate sale" company and told them to clean house. Furniture and all. And they did. They bought a home in Idaho and started all over with minimal personal items. They have and do travel the world so they really do not need much.

They love Idaho but complain about the Californians moving in. LOL I guess you can't escape Californians if you live in a Red State.

Last edited:
Good luck on the downsizing. It is so hard to do. My wife may never do it so when we are gone the kids will probably have it all hauled away. They do not want anything.

One of my first cousins recently moved from Kansas City to Idaho. Retired. Just the two them and some dog ashes they dumped in Colorado at some mountain peak. They packed a few suit cases full of personal items then called an "estate sale" company and told them to clean house. Furniture and all. And they did. They bought a home in Idaho and started all over with minimal personal items. They have and do travel the world so they really do not need much.

They love Idaho but complain about the Californians moving in. LOL I guess you can't escape Californians if you live in a Red State.

Most of what we have Sir is either junk I have kept around for this home or rental properties, boxes of paperwork I need to go through and discard at least 60 to 70% of it, odds and ends my children just bring and leave telling us we may be able to use it.

My Darling and I live simply. I think minus our clothes we could very well fill the backend of a large pickup truck with an 8 foot bed of what we want to keep. (Minus our couch, love seat, and recliner.) we do have other furnishing but we always lived decluttered, even when the kids were all at home. Too much "stuff" now. Just too much "stuff".. we never use it. If the kids want it, it better be gone shortly.. I put a whole load of items for sale cheap on facebook marketplace between the last time I posted earlier today.

I am going through papers now. I plan to leave here with a two drawer filing cabinet and one or two smaller boxes of historical papers we need. The rest is ..............history. (I do have a shredder. ;)) My darling thinks I cannot do it... This one time in our lives, she will be wrong..

Minimal tools, minimal screws and such. I will have my computers (Hers and mine and my work "stuff" but that will be it.)

I never liked the home we live in now, even when we bought it. I will lease it with glee! ;)

Edit: We do have the boxes of family pictures and other items. (Those don't count...) ;)

Last edited:
Depending on the source, the Cats are either a 6 or 7 seed right now. Could go even higher. Used to be that the selection committee didn't put much emphasis on conference tournaments. I don't think that's the case anymore. As long as they stay away from an 8 or 9 seed I'll be happy. Actually for some a 6 seed is better than a 4 or 5.

Good morning from ATX. Currently 61°F and cloudy. Today's high expected around 81°F.

Lawn-mowing adventures over the weekend made for eye-opening revelations. Heck, I paid $7.03, tax-included, for a quart of 5W-30 motor oil from O'Reilly Auto Parts. Shaking my head.

Tylenol = wonder drug for me this past Saturday/Sunday. Felt most awful joint pain before, none since.

Cats play again next Friday evening, March 10, either 7 or 8 pm CST. Love that double-bye.

Happy Monday. Wishing y'all a great start to your week.

Update: It appears train derailment bug also struck Austin area last night. Mama Mia.

e7bea761c47154c3ec0f0abce0252848.jpg

Last edited:
Good Monday Morning,

@BBUK, I sure hope you get some biscuits. It is rough going that long without a hot biscuit just out of the oven.

It is a nice day out this morning. Have you seen that moon? It is very bright down here and big. 61° at present and the high will be 81°, same as Austin, TX. We will have plenty of sunshine.

I agree with @AustinTXCat about Tylenol. It is the only over the counter drug I am allowed to use. No Excedrin, etc. Just Tylenol. I don't take it very often but when I do it does the trick. I am going to work out my bones today so I might try to find the Tylenol bottle just in case.

Take care all and prayers for those who are ailing and thanks for those who are not.

iu

Last edited:
Good morning everyone.

No biscuits for me either this morning. I try to make breakfast a healthy, high fiber meal at least 90% of the time. Save the good stuff for later.

I hoping to hike to a local waterfall that the trail has been closed for repairs for a few months. It has finally opened back up. Also, need to get some work done around the house/yard. Not much else on the agenda, maybe fish on the griddle this evening.

When I was younger this was my favorite time of the year. Well, it still is but for different reasons.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Good morning D-League. Back at work. 123 Mondays -- not counting Labor Day and other 3-day weekends -- until I hit 70, which is Retirement Day, unless I change my mind. The way my wife and kids like to spend money, I may have to do that.

Beautiful March day here. Cold and clear. Took a little walk this morning and the air felt especially clean and crisp.

I hope everyone is off to a good start to the week.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning D-Legionnaires!

54° this morning with a high in the upper 70's expected.

Still fighting my blood pressure. This morning 170/90. Yesterday did not get below 165/82. Have an appointment with my doctor this afternoon to see what can be done. Have a small headache right now, first one since this began. Suspending any physical activity until after I see her. The monster is trying to get me up and going but...

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning D-Legionnaires!

Still fighting my blood pressure. This morning 170/90. Yesterday did not get below 165/82. Have an appointment with my doctor this afternoon to see what can be done. Have a small headache right now, first one since this began. Suspending any physical activity until after I see her. The monster is trying to get me up and going but...
Hope you get good news from the doc.

Saluting-Legionnaire.jpg

Morning D-Legionnaires!

Canned (or fresh) low sodium beets worked for 5 people I know with HBP. Have also heard cayenne pepper, teaspoon in a glass of water helps thin the blood (if the blood is too thick)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT